Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Looking for guidance on learning the shell Post 303014194 by balajesuri on Wednesday 7th of March 2018 12:53:32 AM
Old 03-07-2018
It could also be a good start to learn python programming language and explore numpy.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Learning Shell Scripting

I'm new to UNIX and I want to learn Shell Scripting. I want a web site that has Shell Scripting tutorials. Any suggesstions?.? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liveapple2000
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Text for learning the SH shell

Know a very best Text for learning the SH shell (standard shell)?? can you speak a text for me ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

learning how to use shell script

hello everyone, i am still trying to get this script to work, but with no luck. It is a little beyond my knowledge of scripting at the moment. The beginner book i have has an exercise listed that asks me to write a script tha allows for user input. For example " what is your name: " and then you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bebop1111116
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting book learning.

Hi Which is the most useful shell scripting book. Planning to learn shell scripting.Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunvellanki
1 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Unix shell script learning

I am trying to learn Shell scripting in UNIX. Could Any one please suggest on how to get UNIX account or any other free stimulator available for download on which I can practice Unix shell script? Thanks, sam70 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam70
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

self-learning! my korn shell problem

i am a beginner i m learning shell by myself i have problem writing a korn shell that takes an absolute pathname to directory and display all ordinary files in the directory ordered by their length. i was thinking use grep ls sort and sed. maybe, i m wrong! can someone tell me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babuda0059
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

korn shell script guidance

Please look over my short comings during this line if questions. I have multiple lines in a file that look like, phycook 618722 1 76 12:15:13 pts/122 70:24 /4js/runtime2.02.10/lib/fglrun-bin initmenu.42r phycook 593484 1 65 12:15:18 pts/122 69:22... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Guidance needed for a typical shell script with sql query

Hi , I have a txt file with contents like: 1234 2345 3456 7891 I need to write a script which takes input file as txt file..run a sql query for that number and place the output of query in another file.. select * from bus_event where acct_nbr='1234'( from input txt file) the query... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Putnala
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

guidance required: feed load search & display in shell scripting

Hi All, I am fairly new to Shell Scripting, however learning fast ;-) I have been asked to do the below basic shell script :confused: There are few feed files we are recieving in the server from multiple locations spread out during the day, rite now we are checking manually each file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachaan
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

After Learning Shell Scripting

Will it be good to learn 1) Perl or 2) Ruby first? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
3 Replies
simulation::random(n)					       Tcl Simulation Tools					     simulation::random(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
simulation::random - Pseudo-random number generators SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl ?8.4? package require simulation::random 0.1 ::simulation::random::prng_Bernoulli p ::simulation::random::prng_Discrete n ::simulation::random::prng_Poisson lambda ::simulation::random::prng_Uniform min max ::simulation::random::prng_Exponential min mean ::simulation::random::prng_Normal mean stdev ::simulation::random::prng_Pareto min steep ::simulation::random::prng_Gumbel min f ::simulation::random::prng_chiSquared df ::simulation::random::prng_Disk rad ::simulation::random::prng_Sphere rad ::simulation::random::prng_Ball rad ::simulation::random::prng_Rectangle length width ::simulation::random::prng_Block length width depth _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package consists of commands to generate pseudo-random number generators. These new commands deliver o numbers that are distributed normally, uniformly, according to a Pareto or Gumbel distribution and so on o coordinates of points uniformly spread inside a sphere or a rectangle For example: set p [::simulation::random::prng_Normal -1.0 10.0] produces a new command (whose name is stored in the variable "p") that generates normally distributed numbers with a mean of -1.0 and a standard deviation of 10.0. PROCEDURES
The package defines the following public procedures for discrete distributions: ::simulation::random::prng_Bernoulli p Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers with a Bernoulli distribution: the value is either 1 or 0, with a chance p to be 1 float p Chance the outcome is 1 ::simulation::random::prng_Discrete n Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers 0 to n-1 with equal probability. int n Number of different values (ranging from 0 to n-1) ::simulation::random::prng_Poisson lambda Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers according to the Poisson distribution. float lambda Mean number per time interval The package defines the following public procedures for continuous distributions: ::simulation::random::prng_Uniform min max Create a command (PRNG) that generates uniformly distributed numbers between "min" and "max". float min Minimum number that will be generated float max Maximum number that will be generated ::simulation::random::prng_Exponential min mean Create a command (PRNG) that generates exponentially distributed numbers with a given minimum value and a given mean value. float min Minimum number that will be generated float mean Mean value for the numbers ::simulation::random::prng_Normal mean stdev Create a command (PRNG) that generates normally distributed numbers with a given mean value and a given standard deviation. float mean Mean value for the numbers float stdev Standard deviation ::simulation::random::prng_Pareto min steep Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers distributed according to Pareto with a given minimum value and a given distribution steepness. float min Minimum number that will be generated float steep Steepness of the distribution ::simulation::random::prng_Gumbel min f Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers distributed according to Gumbel with a given minimum value and a given scale factor. The probability density function is: P(v) = exp( -exp(f*(v-min))) float min Minimum number that will be generated float f Scale factor for the values ::simulation::random::prng_chiSquared df Create a command (PRNG) that generates numbers distributed according to the chi-squared distribution with df degrees of freedom. The mean is 0 and the standard deviation is 1. float df Degrees of freedom The package defines the following public procedures for random point sets: ::simulation::random::prng_Disk rad Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y)-coordinates for points uniformly spread over a disk of given radius. float rad Radius of the disk ::simulation::random::prng_Sphere rad Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y,z)-coordinates for points uniformly spread over the surface of a sphere of given radius. float rad Radius of the disk ::simulation::random::prng_Ball rad Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y,z)-coordinates for points uniformly spread within a ball of given radius. float rad Radius of the ball ::simulation::random::prng_Rectangle length width Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y)-coordinates for points uniformly spread over a rectangle. float length Length of the rectangle (x-direction) float width Width of the rectangle (y-direction) ::simulation::random::prng_Block length width depth Create a command (PRNG) that generates (x,y)-coordinates for points uniformly spread over a block float length Length of the block (x-direction) float width Width of the block (y-direction) float depth Depth of the block (z-direction) KEYWORDS
math, random numbers, simulation, statistical distribution COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 Arjen Markus <arjenmarkus@users.sourceforge.net> simulation 0.1 simulation::random(n)