Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rename inside the crontab file Post 303014077 by abdulbadii on Sunday 4th of March 2018 06:13:07 PM
Old 03-04-2018
try what @hergp suggested with re sed;

Code:
sed -r 's/(ulimit_n\w+?_status_)20480.sh/\140960.sh/gI'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with multiple file rename - change case of part of file name

Hi there, I hope someone can help me with this problem : I have a directory (/var/www/file/imgprofil) which contains about 10000 JPG files. They have a naming convention thus : prefix-date-key-suffix.jpg they all have the prefix p-20050608- then AAAA is a 4 letter code the suffix is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve7
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename file based on first 3 characters of data in file

I'm looking to determine if I can use a grep command to read file and rename the file based on the first 3 characters of the data in the file. An example is: Read FileA If the first 3 positions of the data in the file are "ITP", then rename the file as FileA_ITP, else if the first 3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jchappel
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script that will move a file to a directory with the same name and then rename that file

Hello all. I am new to this forum (and somewhat new to UNIX / LINUX - I started using ubuntu 1 year ago).:b: I have the following problem that I have not been able to figure out how to take care of and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.:confused: I have all of my music stored in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename contents inside multiple files

Hi, I have 100 files in a directory. Each file have the following format >CtbRe01234 fdfjdhfkdfkd >CtL2B0456 gjfgfkgjfkgjfk >CmdrE05768 fghdjskksllfkLike this I have many files in the directory. What I want is; rename the header content in each file such that the above file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files that are inside zip file

Hello to all, I have a zip file with any name like FileName.zip, within the zip file there are more than 30 files with different extensions in the following format. FileName_BMN_ROSJ.txt FileName_THEUS.jpg . . . FileName_KWPWP.shx I would like to unzip the file and rename each file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

look for specific values in a file and rename file with value found

Hi, i have a file with some data ..look for some specific value in the file and if found that value rename the file with the value found in the file.. ex.. File.txt 1236 43715825601ANDERSSON, 1236 437158256031963040120060901200609010000000 1236 43715825604123 MCCL AVE UPPER 1236 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dssyadav
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

RMAN commands inside crontab shell script

Hello I'm trying to write simple script to delete archive logs for RMAN, unfortunately it's not working, I tried two way to do that: #!/bin/ksh echo "Start ....." rman target=/ << EOF RUN { delete force noprompt archivelog until time 'sysdate-10'; } EXIT; EOF echo "END ..." echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - Rename output file, after processing, same as input file

I have one input file ABC.txt and one output DEF.txt. After the ABC is processed and created output, I want to rename ABC.txt to ABC.orig and DEF to ABC.txt. Currently when I am doing this, it does not process the input file as it cannot read and write to the same file. How can I achieve this? ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: High-T
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename specific file extension in directory with match to another file in bash

I have a specific set (all ending with .bam) of downloaded files in a directory /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/API/2-15-2016. What I am trying to do is use a match to $2 in name to rename the downloaded files. To make things a more involved the date of the folder is unique and in the header of name... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to copy file 3 times and rename based on another file

In the below bash I am trying to copy the only text file (always only one) in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/list/QC/metrics.txt and rename each of the 3 text files according to /home/cmccabe/Desktop/test/list.txt using lines 3, 4 ,5. This format (that is list.txt) is always 5 lines. Thank you :). ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)