Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Data extraction and converting into .csv file. Post 303013911 by abhi_123 on Thursday 1st of March 2018 09:47:56 PM
Old 03-01-2018
Data extraction and converting into .csv file.

Hi All,

I have a data file and need to extract and convert it into csv format:
1) Read and extract the line containing string ending with "----" (file sample_linebyline.txt file) and to make a .csv file from this.

2) To read the flat file flatfile_sample.txt which consists of similar data ( but in one single line) and extract the line containing string ending with "----" (flatfile_sample file) and also make another csv file from this.

Can you please help me out on this.

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Extraction From a File

Hi All, I have a requirement where I have to search the file with some text say "Exception". This exception word can be repeated for more then 10 times. Suppose the "Exception" word is repeated at line numbers say x=10, 50, 60, 120. Now I want to extract all the lines starting from x-5 to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrangaraju
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting txt file in csv

HI All, I have a text file memory.txt which has following values. Average: 822387 7346605 89.93 288845 4176593 2044589 51883 2.47 7600 i want to convert this file in csv format and i am using following command to do it. sed s/_/\./g <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkashif
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting variable space width data into CSV data in bash

Hi All, I was wondering how I can convert each line in an input file where fields are separated by variable width spaces into a CSV file. Below is the scenario what I am looking for. My Input data in inputfile.txt 19 15657 15685 Sr2dReader 107.88 105.51... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vharsha
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

data extraction from a file

Hi Freinds, I have a file1.txt in the following format File1.txt I want to get 2 files from the above file filextra.txt should have the lines which are ending with "<" and remaining lines in the filecompare.txt file. Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

FILE_ID extraction from file name and save it in CSV file after looping through each folders

FILE_ID extraction from file name and save it in CSV file after looping through each folders My files are located in UNIX Server, i want to extract file_id and file_name from each file .and save it in a CSV file. How do I do that? I have folders in unix environment, directory structure is... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: princetd001
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data extraction from .txt file

Hey all, i´ve got the following problem: i´m aquiring data with an instrument and i get data in a .txt file. This is how the txt file looks like: Report of AU program poptau F1P=-49.986ppm F2P=-110.014ppm Target directory for serfile: D:/data/Spect500/nmr/Thoma/882 Linear... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: expikx
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting data for text file to csv

Gents Using the script attached (raw2csv). i use to create the file .csv.. The input file is called 201.raw. Kindly can you check if there is easy way to do it. The script works fine but takes a lot time to process Thanks for your help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

CSV file data extraction

Hi I am writing a shell script to parse a CSV file , in which i am facing a problem to separate the columns . Could some one help me with it. IN301330/00001 pvavan kumar limited xyz@ttccpp.com IN302148/00002 PRECIOUS SECURITIES (P) LTD viash@yahoo.co.in IN300239/00000 CENTRE india... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanduri
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data extraction from .xml file

Hello, I'm attempting to extract 13 digit numbers beginning with 978 from a data file with the following command: awk '{ for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) if($i ~ /^978/) print $i; }' datafile > outfile This typically works. However, the new data file is an .xml file, and this command is no longer working... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
6 Replies
csv2po(1)						      Translate Toolkit 1.9.0							 csv2po(1)

NAME
csv2po - convert Comma-Separated Value (.csv) files to Gettext PO localization files SYNOPSIS
csv2po [--version] [-h|--help] [--manpage] [--progress PROGRESS] [--errorlevel ERRORLEVEL] [-i|--input] INPUT [-x|--exclude EXCLUDE] [-o|--output] OUTPUT [-t|--template TEMPLATE] [--charset CHARSET] [--columnorder] [--duplicates DUPLICATESTYLE] DESCRIPTION
See: http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/csv2po for examples and usage instructions OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h/--help show this help message and exit --manpage output a manpage based on the help --progress show progress as: dots, none, bar, names, verbose --errorlevel show errorlevel as: none, message, exception, traceback -i/--input read from INPUT in csv format -x/--exclude exclude names matching EXCLUDE from input paths -o/--output write to OUTPUT in po, pot formats -t/--template read from TEMPLATE in pot, po, pot formats --charset set charset to decode from csv files --columnorder specify the order and position of columns (location,source,target) --duplicates what to do with duplicate strings (identical source text): merge, msgctxt (default: 'msgctxt') Translate Toolkit 1.9.0 csv2po(1)