Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Need SCO 5.0.6 openserver media kit Post 303013876 by hicksd8 on Thursday 1st of March 2018 11:30:38 AM
Old 03-01-2018
Okay, I'll send you a secure link to my archive.

SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 CD.iso
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 6.0

Hi guys, I just got this new 6.0 version and i'm trying to setup a remote office to telnet to this server running sco 6.0, in previous version all i have to do is add this file under /etc/rc2.d call S99route and put the gate in that file and that was it, for some reason in 6.0 it does not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: josramon
1 Replies

2. SCO

Looking for openserver 5.0.5 media kit

Hello We are running a pretty old system here which needs to be re-installed. Unfortunately even if all my licences are okay, my install CD are missing in the box. I contacted sco in order to get these media kit, with no luck (product discontinued) I was wondering if some good pal would... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: qube001
5 Replies

3. SCO

OpenServe 5.0.0 media kit?

I have a client with an OLD Point of Sale system (another POS tla). Old as in running since 1995! :eek: I'm cloning the system, but want to complete the backup/disaster recovery plan by having the media kit. Does anyone have a 5.0.0 media kit I can beg, borrow or buy? Thanks! JGT (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgt10
1 Replies

4. SCO

OpenServer 5.0.6 Media Needed

I have a client with 5.0.6 who wants to migrate to new hardware. We have in our posession all appropriate paper software licenses. Over the years the media has vanished Can anyone assist with locating an ISO or actual CD containing OpenServer 5.0.6, please? Thank you (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: theantisco
9 Replies

5. SCO

openserver 5.0.6 media need

I am looking for openserver 5.0.6 media. I need build a new production server and we only have the 5.0.5 media. If anybody can help that be awesome. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: stlwindadmin
9 Replies

6. SCO

SCO Unix OpenServer 5.0.5 Media Kit

My client has lost the SCO OS 5.0.5 install media. However, they do have a working SCO 5.0.5 system, but is crumbling apart. Where can I find the SCO OS 5.0.5 install media? Or can I get a copy of the SCO CD as a ISO file? Your help is much appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chedlee88-1
7 Replies

7. SCO

SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 Media Needed

Greetings, I've recently been given responsibility for a legacy server running SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 and upon taking inventory I discovered we have all the license documents but no installation media. Can anyone assist me with where I might download these? Thanks Kevin (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Harris
9 Replies

8. SCO

Sco media needed for openserver 5.0.6

Hello, i need if possible media for sco openserver 5.0.6 and also want to know if is possible to upgrade from 5.0.2 to 5.0.6. Best regards, Paolo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elnino981
1 Replies

9. SCO

SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 media needed

My media disk is unusable. Can someone provide me an ISO for Openserver 5.0.6? Thank you. Brantley Allen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brantleyallen
2 Replies
ar(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     ar(4)

NAME
ar - common archive file format SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The command is used to concatenate several files into an archive file (see ar(1)). Archives are used mainly as libraries to be searched by the link editor (see ld(1)). Each archive begins with the archive magic string. Following the archive magic string are the archive file members. Each file member is preceded by a file member header which is of the fol- lowing format: All information in the file member headers is in printable ASCII. The numeric information contained in the headers is stored as decimal numbers (except for which is in octal). Thus, if the archive contains printable files, the archive itself is printable. The contents of the field are slash terminated and blank-padded. The field is the modification date of the file at the time of its inser- tion into the archive. Common format archives can be moved from system to system as long as the portable archive command is used. Note that older versions of did not use the common archive format, and those archives cannot be read or written by the common archiver. Each archive file member begins on an even byte boundary; a new-line character is inserted between files if necessary. Nevertheless, the size given reflects the actual size of the file exclusive of padding. Notice there is no provision for empty areas in an archive file. If the archive symbol table exists, the first file in the archive has a zero-length name (i.e., and The contents of this archive member are machine-dependent. Refer to the appropriate a.out(4) manual entry for more information. Each archive which contains object files (see a.out(4)) may include an archive symbol table. This symbol table is used by the link editor (see ld(1)) to determine which archive members must be loaded during the link edit process. The archive symbol table (if it exists) is always the first member in the archive (but is never listed) and is automatically created and/or updated by If a member with a file name greater than 15 bytes exists within the archive, then the archive will also contain an additional special mem- ber to store the long file name string table. The special string table member has a zero length name where and If a special string table exists, it will precede all non-special archive members. If both a symbol table member and a string table member exist then the symbol table member will always precede the string table member. Each entry in the string table is followed by a slash and a new-line character. The offset of the table begins at zero. If an archive mem- ber name exceeds 15 bytes, then the entry in the member's header does not contain a name, instead it contains the offset into the string table preceded by a slash. For example, the member name contains in the field. This value represents the offset into the string table. The member name contains in the field. The long name string table would have the following format: +0 +1 +2 +3 +4 +5 +6 +7 +8 +9 +---------------------------------------------------------- 0| t | h | i | s | i | s | a | v | e | r | +---------------------------------------------------------- 10| y | l | o | n | g | f | i | l | e | n | +---------------------------------------------------------- 20| a | m | e | . | o | / | | y | e | t | +---------------------------------------------------------- 30| a | n | o | t | h | e | r | l | o | n | +---------------------------------------------------------- 40| g | f | i | l | e | n | a | m | e | . | +---------------------------------------------------------- 50| o | / | | +---------------- SEE ALSO
System Tools: ar(1) create archived libraries ld(1) invoke the link editor Miscellaneous: a.out(4) assembler, compiler, and linker output magic(4) magic number for HP-UX implementations ranlib(1) regenerate an archive symbol table strip(1) strip symbol and line number information from an object file CAVEATS
removes the archive symbol table member from the archive (see strip(1)). The archive symbol table must be restored by using the option of the command or the ranlib(1) command before the archive can be used with the link editor. ar(4)