Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Active Directory OR LDAP
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Active Directory OR LDAP Post 303013696 by Nishit on Monday 26th of February 2018 05:21:31 AM
Old 02-26-2018
I have the server which map with AD. So they have map one group of AD members for accessing that server. Now I wan't to identify that members through that servers locally. I am one of them. I have root access. But I don't have AD server access.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

unix and active directory

Hi Does anybody know the steps and requirements of the installation process of Windows Active Directory using Unix/Linux Bind DNS. I will appreciate if somebody gives the answer. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Darwin Rodrigue
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LDAP request from unix into Active Directory

Hi all, I experienced a problem when making a LDAP search from Unix Netscape or Unix Mozilla adressbooks into my Active Directory LDAP db for email addresses. I add my Domain Controller hostname and the LDAP root dir to search in. For example: Name: AD LDAP server: gullvi Search Root:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonlu
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup active directory

i would like to ask about unix with active directory..actually my situation is at ny place there already have dns server in unix based,i want to implement an active directory to the network..from what i read about active directory we have to used bind dns...some say that bind could not handle in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nour
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling Samba from Source on AIX, Active Directory, LDAP, Kerberos

Hello, I asked this question in the AIX subforum but never received an answer, probably because the AIX forum is not that heavily trafficked. Anyway, here it is.. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
9 Replies

5. Red Hat

ldap and active directory

Hi Friends, I need your help to get some solution of one of my problem. Ours is a mixed domain. Most of the servers are windows and very little linux servers. We are using the MS AD for authentication. My problem is, I want to authenticate linux servers against AD. I donot want to use any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

6. Solaris

LDAP Problem during Kerberos setting for Win server 03 Active Directory

Hi, FYI, I'm new in Solaris I'm trying to use Kerberos on authenticating LDAP Client with the Active Directory on Windows Server 2003 on both Solaris 10 5/08 and Solaris 10 9/10 by referring to the pdf file kerberos_s10.pdf available at sun official site. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chongzh
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Active Directory with 6.1

Is there anyone who is utilizing Active Directory (2008R2) for AIX user account management? If yes or if AD is possible with AIX systems, can you please share what to be done to get there? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to extract data from Active Directory and import in Zimbra Ldap

Hello Experts, I have this specific requirment where i need to download/extract from AD (Firstname, LastName, etc) and upload the same to Ldap used by Zimbra mail server running on Suse Linux. I know how to manually do that, but that is the not the solution. I am not yet sure on how to start... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
3 Replies
luseradd(1)						      General Commands Manual						       luseradd(1)

NAME
luseradd - Add an user SYNOPSIS
luseradd [OPTION]... user DESCRIPTION
Adds an user with name user. OPTIONS
-c, --gecos=gecos Set the GECOS field to gecos. The GECOS field is traditionally used to store user's real name and other information. -d, --directory=directory Set user's home directory to directory. If this option is not present, a default specified by libuser configuration is used. -g, --gid=group Set user's primary group to group. group can either be a group ID of an existing group, or a group name; if group is a group name and the group does not exist, it is created. If the --gid option is not specified, the default group name is user. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -k, --skeleton=directory Populate the newly created user's home directory with a copy of directory. If this option is not present, a default directory spec- ified by libuser configuration, or /etc/skel if libuser configuration does not specify a default, is used. -M, --nocreatehome Don't create a home directory and a mail spool for the newly created user. -n, --nocreategroup If a group is not specified using -g, use group name "users" instead of user. Note that despite the name of the option, the group will still be created if it does not exist. -P, --plainpassword=password Set user's password to password. Note that the password can be viewed while running luseradd using tools such as ps(1). -p, --password=encrypted Set user's password to the password represented by the hash encrypted. Note that the hash can be viewed while running luseradd using tools such as ps(1). -r, --reserved The user is a system user. Users that are not marked as system user usually have automatically selected user IDs above a certain value (configured as LU_UIDNUMBER in libuser.conf(5)). This information is also passed to the libuser backends. This option implies the -M option. -s, --shell=shell Set user's login shell to shell. If this option is not present, a default specified by libuser configuration is used. -u, --uid=uid Use user ID uid for the newly created user. An user ID is selected automatically if this option is not present. --commonname=name Use common name name for the newly created user. This attribute is only supported in some backends (e.g.LDAP), and its support may have further limitations (e.g. LDAP schema rules). --givenname=name Use given name name for the newly created user. This attribute is only supported in some backends (e.g.LDAP), and its support may have further limitations (e.g. LDAP schema rules). --homephone=phone Use home telephone number phone for the newly created user. This attribute is only supported in some backends (e.g.LDAP), and its support may have further limitations (e.g. LDAP schema rules). --roomnumber=room Use room number room for the newly created user. This attribute is only supported in some backends (e.g.LDAP), and its support may have further limitations (e.g. LDAP schema rules). --surname=name Use surname name for the newly created user. This attribute is only supported in some backends (e.g.LDAP), and its support may have further limitations (e.g. LDAP schema rules). --telephonenumber=phone Use telephone number phone for the newly created user. This attribute is only supported in some backends (e.g.LDAP), and its sup- port may have further limitations (e.g. LDAP schema rules). EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. libuser 2009-12-09 luseradd(1)