Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help to join separate lines in a single one from xml file Post 303013623 by RudiC on Saturday 24th of February 2018 02:24:15 PM
Old 02-24-2018
Hmmm ... strange. Identical to what I get. Try again either proposdal in post#4 after dropping the ^\t| from the gsub regex.

Last edited by RudiC; 02-24-2018 at 04:46 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate lines in a single '|' separated line

Hi I have a file with contents like china india france japan italy germany . . . . etc.... I want the output as china|india|france|japan|italy|germany|.|.|. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hidnana
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join in a single line variable number of lines

Hi all, I have a file with little blocks beginning with a number 761XXXXXX, and 0, 1, 2 or 3 lines below of it beginning with STUS as follow: 761625820 STUS ACTIVE 16778294 STUS NOT ACTIVE 761157389 STUS ACTIVE 16778294 761554921 STUS ACTIVE 16778294 STUS NOT ACTIVE STUS ACTIVE OP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK to separate data from a large XML file into multiple files

I have a 500 MB XML file from a FileMaker database export, it's formatted horribly (no line breaks at all). The node structure is basically <FMPXMLRESULT> <METADATA> <FIELD att="............." id="..."/> </METADATA> <RESULTSET FOUND="1763457"> <ROW att="....." etc="...."> ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: JRy
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate lines from text file

I have a text file with lot of rows like.. Action & Adventure|2012: Supernova NR|2009-11-01 00:01:00|2010-05-01 23:59:00|Active|3 Action & Adventure|50 Dead Men Walking|2010-01-05 00:01:00|2010-06-30 23:59:00|Active|3 Action & Adventure|Afterwards|2009-11-26 00:01:00|2010-03-26... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramse8pc
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to separate a single column file into files of the same size (i.e. number of rows)?

I have a text file with 1,000,000 rows (It is a single column text file of numbers). I would like to separate the text file into 100 files of equal size (i.e. number of rows). The first file will contain the first 10,000 rows, the second row will contain the second 10,000 rows (rows 10,001-20,000)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Join lines in a file????

Hello UNIX gurus, I am new to the world of UNIX. Hopefully I am submitting my question at the right forum. Here is my dilemma - I have a file with contents like this - "line1","Hello","World","Today is a wonderful day","yes it is" "line2","Hello","World","Today is a beautiful day","oh... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: foolishbar
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to generate one long column by merging two separate two columns in a single file?

Dear all, I have a simple question. I have a file like below (separated by tab): col1 col2 col3 col4 col5 col6 col7 21 66745 rs1234 21 rs5678 23334 0.89 21 66745 rs2334 21 rs9978 23334 0.89 21 66745 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ls to text file on separate lines

hi, I'm trying to print out the contents of a folder into a .txt file. The code I'm trying amongst variations is: ls -1 > filenames.txt but it prints them all on the same line ie. image102.bmpimage103.bmpimage104.bmpimage105.bmpimage106.bmp how can I change this? Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie100
2 Replies
Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)					       Tk Library Procedures						Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetJoinStyle, Tk_NameOfJoinStyle - translate between strings and join styles SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> int Tk_GetJoinStyle(interp, string, joinPtr) const char * Tk_NameOfJoinStyle(join) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for error reporting. const char *string (in) String containing name of join style: one of "bevel", "miter", or "round". int *joinPtr (out) Pointer to location in which to store X join style corresponding to string. int join (in) Join style: one of JoinBevel, JoinMiter, JoinRound. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetJoinStyle places in *joinPtr the X join style corresponding to string, which will be one of JoinBevel, JoinMiter, or JoinRound. Join styles are typically used in X graphics contexts to indicate how adjacent line segments should be joined together. See the X documentation for information on what each style implies. Under normal circumstances the return value is TCL_OK and interp is unused. If string does not contain a valid join style or an abbrevia- tion of one of these names, then an error message is stored in interp->result, TCL_ERROR is returned, and *joinPtr is unmodified. Tk_NameOfJoinStyle is the logical inverse of Tk_GetJoinStyle. Given a join style such as JoinBevel it returns a statically-allocated string corresponding to join. If join is not a legal join style, then "unknown join style" is returned. KEYWORDS
bevel, join style, miter, round Tk Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)