Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 Global zone patching having Solaris 10 branded zone Post 303013404 by amity on Wednesday 21st of February 2018 01:34:03 AM
Old 02-21-2018
Thanks Peasant for your inputs

We follow patching procedure mention in Oracle docs for branded zones which say that we will create the snapshot of rpool in branded zone and then create the clone from it and promoting the clone and mount of clone on /mnt mountpoint and then solaris 10 recommended patchset will be implemented on clone and activate the clone to be mounted as root filesystem after completion of patching and reboot of branded zone.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris Zone : Non global Zone check failed

Hi All , I try to install some packages in my global zone... On the execution of the installion of the script it quits by saying the error "Non global zone check failed" Kindly help me in this regard Thanks in advance, jeganr (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Prerequisites for Solaris10 Branded Zone within Solaris 11 Express

Dear all, we are trying to install a Solaris10 Branded Zone on a Solaris 11 Express system getting this message: ***The image patch level is downrev for running in a solaris10 branded zone*** The Sparc Solaris 10 system is running Release 11/06 and Patch 119254-70 is installed. Does the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xunil321
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9 branded zone on a Solaris 10 server

I have a T5220 running Solaris 10. I have a application that can only run on Solaris 9. I want to build a branded Solaris 9 zone for this application on the Solaris 10 Server. What steps would I need to accomplish this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 local zone on Solaris 11 global zone

Hi, A quick question: Can Solaris 10 local zones be moved to a Solaris 11 global zone and work well? Thank you in advance! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Branded Solaris 10 zone no network

I am trying to create a branded 10 zone on a Solaris 11.1 control domain. I am using a flar image (cpio) from an existing LDOM. Here are the steps taken after flarcreate. #zonecfg -z <device> >create -b >set brand=solaris10 >set zonepath=/zonez/<device> >set ip-type=exclusive >add net... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aeroforce
1 Replies

6. Solaris

NFS server on Solaris 10 branded zone

I am trying to get a NFS share on a Solaris 10 branded zone. I have read that this is not possible...but I was hoping someone here could tell me different. share -F nfs -o ro,anon=0 /dir This would really surprise me that you cannot do this. Thanks (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 branded zone with IPMP

All. I am trying to create a 10 branded zone on a Sol 11.1 T5. The Global is using IPMP...so aggregating is out of the question. Has anyone successfully created a branded zone with IPMP? If they have can you please show me the steps you took to get this to run. Thanks (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Branded zone Solaris 9

Hi, I want to install branded zone sol 9 in sol 10. I keep getting same error. Please advice me. Thanks. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
12 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 zone has no external network access (except to Global Zone)

Hi, hoping someone can help, its been a while since I used Solaris. After creating a NGZ (non global zone), the NGZ can access the GZ (Global Zone) and the GZ can access the NGZ (using ssh, zlogin) However, the NGZ cannot access any other netwqork devices, it can't even see the default router ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GazinLincoln
2 Replies
MooseX::Clone(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					MooseX::Clone(3pm)

NAME
MooseX::Clone - Fine grained cloning support for Moose objects. SYNOPSIS
package Bar; use Moose; with qw(MooseX::Clone); has foo => ( isa => "Foo", traits => [qw(Clone)], # this attribute will be recursively cloned ); package Foo; use Moose; # this API is used/provided by MooseX::Clone sub clone { my ( $self, %params ) = @_; # ... } # used like this: my $bar = Bar->new( foo => Foo->new ); my $copy = $bar->clone( foo => [ qw(Args for Foo::clone) ] ); DESCRIPTION
Out of the box Moose only provides very barebones cloning support in order to maximize flexibility. This role provides a "clone" method that makes use of the low level cloning support already in Moose and adds selective deep cloning based on introspection on top of that. Attributes with the "Clone" trait will handle cloning of data within the object, typically delegating to the attribute value's own "clone" method. TRAITS
Clone By default Moose objects are cloned like this: bless { %$old }, ref $old; By specifying the Clone trait for certain attributes custom behavior the value's own "clone" method will be invoked. By extending this trait you can create custom cloning for certain attributes. By creating "clone" methods for your objects (e.g. by composing MooseX::Compile) you can make them interact with this trait. NoClone Specifies attributes that should be skipped entirely while cloning. METHODS
clone %params Returns a clone of the object. All attributes which do the MooseX::Clone::Meta::Attribute::Trait::Clone role will handle cloning of that attribute. All other fields are plainly copied over, just like in "clone_object" in Class::MOP::Class. Attributes whose "init_arg" is in %params and who do the "Clone" trait will get that argument passed to the "clone" method (dereferenced). If the attribute does not self-clone then the param is used normally by "clone_object" in Class::MOP::Class, that is it will simply shadow the previous value, and does not have to be an array or hash reference. TODO
Refactor to work in term of a metaclass trait so that "meta->clone_object" will still do the right thing. THANKS
clkao made the food required to write this module VERSION CONTROL
<http://code2.0beta.co.uk/moose/svn/>. Ask on #moose for commit bits. AUTHOR
Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch@woobling.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2008 Yuval Kogman. All rights reserved This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-01-14 MooseX::Clone(3pm)