Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Url encoding a string using sed Post 303013322 by RudiC on Monday 19th of February 2018 03:51:05 PM
Old 02-19-2018
You can take above as an example and encode every single variable that you use in your command. like $(url_var $JSESSIONID0) etc. Give it a try and report back.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing url string

Hi, I have a url like this:- http://resource.ibab.ac.in/cgi-bin/pubmed_abstract/y.cgi?pmid=+1.10529272+&pmid=+3.8379586 I want to parse the url string.I want to get the values 1.10529272 3.8379586 How do i do that? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

URL encoding

Hi All, I want to do URL encoding using shell script in my project. I decided that the sed is the correct tool to do this. But I am unable achieve what I wanted using sed. kindly help me to get rid of this. My requirement is , there will be one URL with all special character, spaces etc... ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vichu
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.htaccess url encoding

Hi, I tried hard to find out solution but no success. I have put together this code in .htaccess: Rewritecond %{THE_REQUEST} ^{3,9}\ /index\.php\?(+)query=(.*?)&(+)start=(.*?)&(+)\ HTTP/ Rewriterule ^index\.php$ http://subdomain.domain.com/%2/%4? RewriteRule ^(+)/(*)$... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LukasB
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

python - string encoding error

I'm trying to pull a google calendar (successful) and then put the contents into a mysql db (almost successful). On one of the field I keep getting an encode error: #!/usr/bin/python from xml.etree import ElementTree import gdata.calendar.data import gdata.calendar.client import... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to achieve UTF-8 encoding & URL escape in an xml file?

Is there any i can achieve entity escaping, URL escaping & UTF-8 encoded for the xml generated through shell script? #! /bin/bash echo "<path>" >> file.xml for x in `ls filename*` do echo -e "\t<dir>" >> file.xml echo -e "\t\t<file>$x</file>" >> file.xml... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check string encoding?

I want to check if the string is WINDOWS-1251 or UTF-8 can you help me to find the string encoding??? or maybe to get URL Content-Type charset with wget? this is my function on PHP function check_utf8($str) { $len = strlen($str); for($i = 0; $i < $len; $i++){ $c =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanantonio7777
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

URL/HTML encoding

Hey guys, looking for a way to encode a string into URL and HTML in a bash script that I'm making to encode strings in various different digests etc. Can't find anything on it anywhere else on the forums. Any help much appreciated, still very new to bash and programming etc. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3therk1ll
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace URL using sed

Original Line {background-image:url('http://www.myoldhost.com/images/scds/tsp3.png');} Expected {background-image:url('http://www.mynewhost.com/nndn/hddh/ccdcd.png');} I am using following syntax STATIC_HOST_TEMP="http://myhost.com/temp/xyx.png" $sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 8055
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use curl to send a static xml file using url encoding to a web page using pos

Hi I am try to use curl to send a static xml file using url encoding to a web page using post. This has to go through a particular port on our firewall as well. This is my first exposure to curl and am not having much success, so any help you can supply, or point me in the right direction would be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
1 Replies

10. Solaris

View file encoding then change encoding.

Hi all!! I´m using command file -i myfile.xml to validate XML file encoding, but it is just saying regular file . I´m expecting / looking an output as UTF8 or ANSI / ASCII Is there command to display the files encoding? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
2 Replies
rusers(1)						      General Commands Manual							 rusers(1)

NAME
rusers - Display a list of users who are logged in to a remote machine SYNOPSIS
rusers [-ahilu] host... OPTIONS
Give a report for a machine even if no users are logged in. Sort alphabetically by host name. Sort by idle time. Give a longer listing in the style of who(1). Sort by number of users. DESCRIPTION
The rusers command displays information about users and processes running on remote machines. The listing is in the order in which responses are received, but this order can be changed by specifying one of the options listed in the OPTIONS section. By default the rusers command prints the names of the users logged in. When the -l option is given, additional information is printed for each user, as follows: userid hostname:terminal login date login time idle time login host If hostname and login host are the same value, the login host field is not displayed. Likewise, if hostname is not idle, the idle time is not displayed. A remote host only responds if it is running the rusersd daemon, which may be started from the inetd daemon or the listen function. SEE ALSO
Commands: who(1), inetd(8) Functions: listen(2) rusers(1)