Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Sun Ray 1g thin client Software? Post 303013313 by kotseman on Monday 19th of February 2018 01:22:42 PM
Old 02-19-2018
Sun Ray 1g thin client Software?

Hello!
I acquired a Sun Ray 1g thin client and i want to connect it to my Linux machine but i m having some difficulty finding software for it (sun ray server).
After some recearch i fount that the software can be downloaded from Oracle ,but only if i have support for it ,which i dont Smilie.Also i found an open source server but it only supports Sun Ray 2's!So is there any other way to connect the thin client with my machine and if not is there a way for it to work even with Windows?

ThanksSmilie
This User Gave Thanks to kotseman For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

configuring same /bash for 4 computer which is thin client

i m doing project on LAN TELEPHONY in Red Hat linux i have files as datbase to store the user name and passeord an all other information. Now i have thin client at my college. so to access /dev/dsp for audio is not possible on server. So i have written code which run on /base since it has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niravuchat
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Client Emulation software for Sun Solaris

1) I want a free emulation software for Sun Solaris. 2) I have three servers for different billing systems and i want that when i(or other clients) logon to one server the color of the screen should be permanently same and when on second system it should be permanently second color. Even if i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackeyed
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Ray 3

Hi All, I going to install Sun Ray 3 and X4170 with sol 10 and VDI 3.2. I don't know how to do it because I don't have any idea on VDI and Sun Ray 3. Can all the guru here provide some info or theory on the whole idea for this kind of installation and maybe some steps. I now have 2 servers... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mailbox80
1 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

slim window manager for a thin client

hi I'm looking for a slim and quite comfortable window manager for a unix/linux thin client? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
5 Replies

5. Linux

Converct fat pc to thin client

I have old pc with 1gb ram and i wont to convert him to thin clint to connect rdp windos With software i need to install on my computer? I am new in linux.. Sent from my SM-J5108 using Tapatalk (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: popcoern
10 Replies
AUSCOPE(1)						      General Commands Manual							AUSCOPE(1)

NAME
auscope - Network Audio System Protocol Filter SYNOPSIS
auscope [ option ] ... DESCRIPTION
auscope is an audio protocol filter that can be used to view the network packets being sent between an audio application and an audio server. auscope is written in Perl, so you must have Perl installed on your machine in order to run auscope. If your Perl executable is not installed as /usr/local/bin/perl, you should modify the first line of the auscope script to reflect the Perl executable's location. Or, you can invoke auscope as perl auscope [ option ] ... assuming the Perl executable is in your path. To operate, auscope must know the port on which it should listen for audio clients, the name of the desktop machine on which the audio server is running and the port to use to connect to the audio server. Both the output port (server) and input port (client) are automati- cally biased by 8000. The output port defaults to 0 and the input port defaults to 1. ARGUMENTS
-i<input-port> Specify the port that auscope will use to take requests from clients. -o<output-port> Determines the port that auscope will use to connect to the audio server. -h<audio server name> Determines the desktop machine name that auscope will use to find the audio server. -v<print-level> Determines the level of printing which auscope will provide. The print-level can be 0 or 1. The larger numbers provide greater output detail. EXAMPLES
In the following example, mcxterm is the name of the desktop machine running the audio server, which is connected to the TCP/IP network host tcphost. auscope uses the desktop machine with the -h command line option, will listen for client requests on port 8001 and connect to the audio server on port 8000. Ports (file descriptors) on the network host are used to read and write the audio protocol. The audio client auplay will connect to the audio server via the TCP/IP network host tcphost and port 8001: auscope -i1 -o0 -hmcxterm auplay -audio tcp/tcphost:8001 dial.snd In the following example, the auscope verbosity is increased to 1, and the audio client autool will connect to the audio server via the network host tcphost, while displaying its graphical interface on another server labmcx: auscope -i1 -o0 -hmcxterm -v1 autool -audio tcp/tcphost:8001 -display labmcx:0.0 SEE ALSO
nas(1), perl(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1994 Network Computing Devices, Inc. AUTHOR
Greg Renda, Network Computing Devices, Inc. 1.9.3 AUSCOPE(1)