Today (Saturday) We will make some minor tuning adjustments to MySQL.

You may experience 2 up to 10 seconds "glitch time" when we restart MySQL. We expect to make these adjustments around 1AM Eastern Daylight Saving Time (EDT) US.

"Move a LUN from one server to the other"

Post #303013188 by rbatte1 on Friday 16th of February 2018 12:49:57 PM

Since you had the LUN added, have you re-scanned for devices (or rebooted). This link talks about CentOS7, but it should be pretty much the same. Perhaps the command kudzu might be an option too for RHEL5.

I find I always need to re-scan to get new/enlarged LUNs reflected in the OS.

I suspect that the LUN is not yet showing up, hence the confusion of the two disks you do have. I think that they are both local, one a simple disk, one a RAID device.

Robin

Related Linux and UNIX Technical Support
LUN allocation in solaris server
raynu.sharma
hi all can anyone tell me how to track a new attached LUN in a solaris server??... Solaris
Solaris
adding LUN to linux server
abhay1983
Hi All, I am new for this blog and this is my first Query on this blog. I would like to dael with graet masters on linux. Here we go, After storage people created the LUN, How to add that LUN to Linux server. (Make that LUN visibility on linux server.) ? How to view the LUN...... Red Hat
Red Hat
How to detect FC lun on Server?
pinga123
I have created a lun on Storage and connected it to server using fiber channel. LUN is presented on new Server . How do i check and mount this newly created LUN?... Linux
Linux
AIX server do not detect LUN from HP storage
sampathenjoy
ssssssssssss... Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators
Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators
SG_RDAC(8)							     SG3_UTILS								SG_RDAC(8)

NAME
sg_rdac - Display or Modify RDAC Redundant Controller Page
SYNOPSIS
sg_rdac [-a] [-f=LUN] [-v] [-V] DEVICE
DESCRIPTION
sg_rdac displays or modifies the RDAC controller settings via the Redundant Controller Page (0x2C). When modifying the settings it allows to transfer the ownership of individual drives to the controller the command was received on.
OPTIONS
-a Transfer all (visible) devices -f=LUN Transfer the device identified by LUN. This command will only work if the controller supports 'Dual Active Mode' (aka active/active mode). -v be verbose -V print version string then exit
EXIT STATUS
The exit status of sg_rdac is 0 when it is successful. Otherwise see the sg3_utils(8) man page.
AUTHOR
Written by Hannes Reinecke <hare at suse dot com>, based on sg_emc_trespass.
REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <dgilbert at interlog dot com>.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Hannes Reinecke, Douglas Gilbert. This software is distributed under the GPL version 2. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. sg3_utils-1.23 January 2007 SG_RDAC(8)

Featured Tech Videos