Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Move a LUN from one server to the other Post 303013146 by bakunin on Thursday 15th of February 2018 05:03:22 PM
Old 02-15-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by fretagi
I beleive we dont have FC adapters on the system, or if we have apparently we are not using them, because the NetApp guy he first asked for iqn of the system, so I beleive he is using iSCSI protocol to present LUNs
Please desccribe your setup!

What is your storage?
How is it connected to your system?
Which driver do you use? (and whichc version?)
Do you use multipathing software?

etc.....

Sorry to be blunt, but without knowing what your system looks like the chance of finding the culprit in your setup is zero.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to move a file from one server to another server using FTP in shell script?

I have a file --> file1.txt i need to copy this file to another server using FTP....the 2 servers are server1 and server2..may i know how to write a script that can do this? thanks in advance! Im a newbie to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
4 Replies

2. Solaris

LUN allocation in solaris server

hi all can anyone tell me how to track a new attached LUN in a solaris server?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raynu.sharma
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

Dedicated Server Move

I just moved a dedicated server, which included moving to a new subnet, and new IP address. Now my server is not reconnecting - I've tried ifconfig, altering the etc/hosts file with the new ip address, with no luck. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: esmerika
5 Replies

4. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

adding LUN to linux server

Hi All, I am new for this blog and this is my first Query on this blog. I would like to dael with graet masters on linux. Here we go, After storage people created the LUN, How to add that LUN to Linux server. (Make that LUN visibility on linux server.) ? How to view the LUN... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhay1983
5 Replies

6. AIX

How to move libraries to another server

Hi, I have compiled FreeTDS on AIX 5.3. Its my dev environment so I have c compilers on the box so I was able to compile. From the test environment onwards I will not be able to have c compilers. I tried to move these files directly to the test environment with the same directory structure but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayraghavk
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

DM multipath :iscsi lun shows by diff names on two server where its exported

Hi, I am trying to setup multipathing (using DM multipath) for a redhat cluster setup ...all setup is done but issue is : node 1 shows the shared iscsi lun as sdc node 2 shows the same as sdg (changes on reboots) Due to this (i guess) i get i/o error & i can not read files created by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
0 Replies

8. Linux

How to detect FC lun on Server?

I have created a lun on Storage and connected it to server using fiber channel. LUN is presented on new Server . How do i check and mount this newly created LUN? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

AIX server do not detect LUN from HP storage

ssssssssssss (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampathenjoy
0 Replies
SG_RDAC(8)							     SG3_UTILS								SG_RDAC(8)

NAME
sg_rdac - Display or Modify RDAC Redundant Controller Page SYNOPSIS
sg_rdac [-a] [-f=LUN] [-v] [-V] DEVICE DESCRIPTION
sg_rdac displays or modifies the RDAC controller settings via the Redundant Controller Page (0x2C). When modifying the settings it allows to transfer the ownership of individual drives to the controller the command was received on. OPTIONS
-a Transfer all (visible) devices -f=LUN Transfer the device identified by LUN. This command will only work if the controller supports 'Dual Active Mode' (aka active/active mode). -v be verbose -V print version string then exit EXIT STATUS
The exit status of sg_rdac is 0 when it is successful. Otherwise see the sg3_utils(8) man page. AUTHOR
Written by Hannes Reinecke <hare at suse dot com>, based on sg_emc_trespass. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <dgilbert at interlog dot com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Hannes Reinecke, Douglas Gilbert. This software is distributed under the GPL version 2. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. sg3_utils-1.23 January 2007 SG_RDAC(8)