Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to backup (create image) SunOS 5.10 sparc? Post 303013104 by 2fat2fly on Thursday 15th of February 2018 04:52:52 AM
Old 02-15-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksd8

Obvious questions are:

Does the network interface configure correctly? Is there a DHCP server supplying the parameters needed?
Network configured correctly.
To check, that problem not in the 'network', i wrote wrong ip/hostname of FTP and system warned me: " ERROR: Could not connect to host'.
When i wrote right hostname/ip, but wrong ftp password, system warned me: 'Could not authenticate'

When I wrote wrong ip NFS location, system warned me: " ERROR: Could not mount archive"

Quote:
When you try to mount with a nodename "tjk-netshare" is there a method to resolve that address? Or should you substitute tjk-netshare's ip address instead?
As I said, I tryed both of them hostname and ip

Quote:
Have you properly shared the NFS handle on the node you are trying to reach? (assuming it is on the same subset)
Yes, they are on the same subset.
I shared properly NFS. I tryed to mount from another server my NFS folder, and it mounted properly:

Code:
# df -h |grep tjk-netshare

Filesystem                       size   used  avail   capacity  Mounted on
tjk-netshare:/edb4tel/shuhrat   300G    83G   213G    29%    /mnt/network

Exited from the installation menu.

^
Code:
# df -h
Filesystem             size   used  avail capacity  Mounted on
/ramdisk-root:a        197M   175M   2.3M    99%    /
/devices                 0K     0K     0K     0%    /devices
ctfs                     0K     0K     0K     0%    /system/contract
proc                     0K     0K     0K     0%    /proc
mnttab                   0K     0K     0K     0%    /etc/mnttab
swap                   3.5G   360K   3.5G     1%    /etc/svc/volatile
objfs                    0K     0K     0K     0%    /system/object
sharefs                  0K     0K     0K     0%    /etc/dfs/sharetab
swap                   3.6G   100M   3.5G     3%    /tmp
/tmp/dev               3.6G   100M   3.5G     3%    /dev
fd                       0K     0K     0K     0%    /dev/fd
172.28.192.160:/mnt/usb
                       2.1G   2.1G     0K   100%    /cdrom
df: cannot statvfs /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/libc_psr.so.1: Operation not applicable
df: cannot statvfs /platform/sun4u-us3/lib/sparcv9/libc_psr.so.1: Operation not applicable
swap                   3.5G    32K   3.5G     1%    /tmp/root/var/run
/usr/sbin/install.d/install_config
                       197M   175M   2.3M    99%    /tmp/_install_config
tjk-netshare:/edb4tel/shuhrat/icr001.flar
                       300G    83G   213G    29%    /tmp/flarAAAILaGkb
tjk-netshare:/edb4tel/shuhrat/icr001.flar
                       300G    83G   213G    29%    /tmp/flarBAAJLaGkb
172.28.192.160:/edb4tel/shuhrat/icr001.flar
                       300G    83G   213G    29%    /tmp/flarCAAKLaGkb

NFS mounted 3 times wtih different directories O_o.

When trying to open:
Code:
# cd /tmp/flarCAAKLaGkb
/tmp/flarCAAKLaGkb: not a directory

dismounted all of NFS directories and mounted to /tmp/mnt. Will try to install once again, but from local device

Last edited by 2fat2fly; 02-15-2018 at 07:00 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create an Ignite image on tape from Online IgniteUX image

Hi, (HP-UX 11.11) I need to create a tape image of an igniteUX image created on our igniteUX server. That is to say. I have a "Online" image of the igniteUX of the targeted system but I now need to copy it to a useable TAPE (igniteUX) image so i can build an other server from it that is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DES3 encryption in SunOS sparc

Hi, I want to encrypt a unix file using the des3 algorithm. Seems that there are no standard unix utilities readily available. Can you please suggest how I can encrypt a unix file using des3 ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samuel.vincent
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 Sparc - backup drive how to read it?

Disk is: c0t1d0 partition> print Current partition table (original): Total disk cylinders available: 38307 + 2 (reserved cylinders) Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 unassigned wm 0 - 38306 74.53GB (38307/0/0) 156292560 1 unassigned... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnox
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching image files to create one image

Hi, I have two sets of image files. Both sets have names A to Z but set 1 ends with .cdt.png and set 2 ends with .matrix.png. I want set 1 to match with set 2 if the names match (i.e. A.cdt.png will match with A.matrix.png) and with the convert image tool (program for images), it will merge the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

5. Solaris

How to scan for LUNs in SunOS sun4v sparc?

Hi everyone, We have the below sun Operating system, Now our storage team have Create a 500GB LUN for this server, How can i scan and mount the shared LUN ? Could anyone help me to resolve this issue. SunOS my_hostname.com 5.10 Generic_150400-09 sun4v sparc sun4v Update: -------- I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
9 Replies

6. Solaris

SunOS sun4v sparc ntp service in maintenance mode.

Hi experts, This is a production server. Host information's are below SunOS hostname_srv 5.10 Generic_150400-09 sun4v sparc sun4v Now issue with ntp service, This host have zone in it with 9 hosts, Every hosts have ntp service issue. While i check for the service status it's in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command Fails on SunOS Sparc

Hi, This command works ggrep -v -F -x -f app1.txt app2.txt But, I don't have ggrep on SunOS Sparc so I tried using grep instead but it errors out grep: illegal option -- F bash-2.03$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.8 Generic_Virtual sun4v sparc sun4v Can you help me with a grep command that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies