Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find and delete a certain HEX and its following value in a file Post 303013019 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 13th of February 2018 08:24:56 PM
Old 02-13-2018
You can try:

Code:
LC_ALL=C sed "s/[\x01].//g" text_file > fixed_text_file

Testing example:
Code:
$ printf "Test:%b%b\n" "\x1" "\x90" | od -c
0000000   T   e   s   t   : 001 220  \n

$ printf "Test:%b%b\n" "\x1" "\x90" | LC_ALL=C sed "s/[\x01].//g" | od -c
0000000   T   e   s   t   :  \n

This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find and delete reccuring entries in a file

I have a file with multiple lines, lets say for example magazine1 magazine2 magazine3 magazine3 magazine4 magazine5 So i am trying to find a way to find and delete the duplicate entries. Any ideas? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greekozz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find full directory and delete old dated file?

I want to write a code that will look for a particular directory which is full or more than 95% used, and will search older file and delete it. My code looks like this: df -k|while read f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 f6 do if expr '$f5' -ge '95%' || continue then echo $f5 else echo "there is no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xramm
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find and delete a file in one command

hi , let's assume i have a file that is located in the l*** directory and this file's name is t****_***s.php , how can i find this file and delete it using one single command ????? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wewee
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find a word in a file and delete the file

Hi, I need to find a word in a file, and I need to delete the file where the word resides on the file. I did try with the grep -H "word" using the find command, but no luck. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
6 Replies

5. Programming

After converting the hexstr to Hex and storing the Hex in a char*

Hi All, My main intension of is to convert the Hexstring stored in a char* into hex and then prefixing it with "0x" and suffix it with ',' This has to be done for all the hexstring char* is NULL. Store the result prefixed with "0x" and suffixed with ',' in another char* and pass it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rvan
1 Replies

6. Programming

What is the difference between ios::hex and std::hex?

Hi, Is there really a difference between these two, std::hex and ios::hex?? I stumbled upon reading a line, "std::ios::hex is a bitmask (8 on gcc) and works with setf(). std::hex is the operator". Is this true? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the text in the file and delete the rest of the line.

Hi, I have one requiremnet like this. I need to find some particular string (eg.IncludeDateTime = ) in a file. And wherever it finds the string the unix script has to delete the remaining text coming after the string (ie., 'IncludeDateTime = ' ) in the same line. I tried to write this script in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jannusuresh
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete file previous to some date

Hello All, I have a directory containing of many .dat file, but with different naming conventions. I want to delete files which are created before and on 10th September 2013. I tried this command to see files which are are the files created before 10th September find path/to/file -type... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find if file is 45 min old if yes delete

Hello, we have process2(my_pro.sh) which check for the file Pr_rn_Chk (generated by other process1). The process runs every 15 min. if exist Pr_rn_Chk the process will exit. Else it will continue. I want to check if the file Pr_rn_Chk is older than 45 min delete the file. so that 4th run... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar30213
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and increment value in string of hex

I have a long string of hex (from ASN.1 data) where I need to find and change a particular hex value only and increment it. The hex pairs either side (84 and a7) of the value to increment will remain constant. i.e. "84 <length> <value_to_increment> a7" starting with 00. So end result: ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: securegooner
11 Replies
TextUndo(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       TextUndo(3)

NAME
Tk::TextUndo - perl/tk text widget with bindings to undo changes. SYNOPSIS
use Tk::TextUndo; $testundo = $parent->TextUndo(?-option=>value, ...?); DESCRIPTION
This IS-A text widget with an unlimited 'undo' history but without a re'undo' capability. Bindings The "TextUndo" widget has the same bindings as the Text widget. In addition there are the following bindings: Event <L4> <<Undo>> undo the last change. Pressing <L4> several times undo step by step the changes made to the text widget. Methods The "TextUndo" widget has the same methods as "Text" widget. Additional methods for the "TextUndo" widget are: $text->Load($filename); Loads the contents of the $filename into the text widget. Load() delete the previous contents of the text widget as well as it's undo history of the previous file. $text->Save(?$otherfilename?) Save contents of the text widget to a file. If the $otherfilename is not specified, the text widget contents writes the file of $filename used in the last Load() call. If no file was previously Load()'ed an error message pops up. The default filename of the last Load() call is not overwriten by $otherfilename. $text->FileName(?$otherfilename?) If passed an argument sets the file name associated with the loaded document. Returns the current file name associated with the document. KEYS
widget, text, undo SEE ALSO
Tk::Text, Tk::ROText perl v5.12.1 2007-05-05 TextUndo(3)