Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need iplanet process health runtime details Post 303012956 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 13th of February 2018 01:44:56 AM
Old 02-13-2018
Try /usr/xpg4/bin/ps instead of /usr/bin/ps.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Iplanet Error

I have iplanet6.0 sp1 installed on a Sunfire 280r which is running Solaris 8. On boot up I get the following message 'Failed to create psetHandle for cn=' the error code is 2. Iplanet appears to function as normal but can anyone enlighten me as to what this means. many thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: silvaman
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help to write script to check the process health and automatically restart it

I am working on a project, which need to constantly watch the process, and check its status, if it was dead, it should be restart automatically. Please kindly refer me to URL which teach how to write this kind of script, or service. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dragondad
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the details of the previously running process with PID

OS: Unix or Linux I (only) know the pid of the process which was running earlier (say 5 hrs back) but it is not running now. Is there a way I could find the details of that process? (atleast the name of the process). Please let me know. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay.d
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Information about iplanet

Can anyone explains me the usage of iplanet daemon. Also , pls let me know the difference between a process and a daemon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at -l doesnt give details of the scheduled job. How to get the details?

I have scheduled couple of shell scripts to run using 'at' command. The o/p of at -l is: $ at -l 1320904800.a Thu Nov 10 01:00:00 2011 1320894000.a Wed Nov 9 22:00:00 2011 1320876000.a Wed Nov 9 17:00:00 2011 $ uname -a SunOS dc2prcrptetl2 5.9 Generic_122300-54 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superparticle
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

iplanet DS problem..

Hey Guys, Does anyone have experience with iplanet directory server? I am trying to do a ds_db2ldif (ldap dump) so I can import it into DSEE however it is failing, and giving NMC_Status: 7.. problem is iplanet is deprecated and has very little online support. Suggestions? Is there a better way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s ladd
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Process holding /tmp space, need to know the process details

Hi , In a server /tmp has almost reached 75% and i can see the File system utilization is 48Mb only , so i believe some process is using the /tmp space. I would like to know which process is using /tmp space. # df -h /tmp Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on swap ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
9 Replies

8. AIX

Need to get process details

Hello, Below are the list of files ls -lrt total 16 lr-x------ 43 oracle dba 0 Dec 5 14:27 root -> / lr-x------ 2 oracle dba 0 Dec 16 00:14 cwd -> /prodoragridcn_01/app/oracle/product/11203/dbs/ -r--r--r-- 1 oracle dba 0 Dec 16... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need generic command to get complete running process details

I am on SunOS and Linux I need generic command to get complete process details from which i will eventually extract socket details (listen address and port) ps -ef | ggrep -i server | ggrep -i mydomaindoes not yield a process that should have both the grep entries along with the listen... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Top 5 cpu and Mem consuming process and files and suggestion for health check

I am middle of writing health check scripts, can you pls share commands on how I can get cpu and Mem of top consuming process info at the moment? Also can u suggest ideas on what all I can look for as a part do health check on red hat Linux server? I searched on site before posting, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Varja
2 Replies
SAM_START(3)					    Corosync Cluster Engine Programmer's Manual 				      SAM_START(3)

NAME
sam_start - Start health checking SYNOPSIS
#include <corosync/sam.h> cs_error_t sam_start (void); DESCRIPTION
The sam_start function is used to start health checking of application. After calling this function, the active process needs to send healthchecks within the registered time interval by calling sam_hc_send(3). If event driven healthchecking is configured by calling sam_register(3), an internal thread will be created and send health check confirmations four times per time_interval. Application must be registered by calling sam_register(3) before this function can be called. An application can always stop health checking by calling the sam_stop(3) function. RETURN VALUE
This call return CS_OK value if successful, otherwise and error is returned. ERRORS
CS_ERR_BAD_HANDLE component was not registered by calling sam_register(3) function. SEE ALSO
sam_hc_send(3), sam_stop(3), sam_register(3), sam_hc_callback_register(3) corosync Man Page 12/01/2009 SAM_START(3)