Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming DB2 Query -Convert multi values from column to rows Post 303012825 by Perlbaby on Saturday 10th of February 2018 01:35:29 AM
Old 02-10-2018
DB2 Query -Convert multi values from column to rows

Hi Team

I am using DB2 artisan tool and struck to handle multi values present in columns that are comma(,) separated. I want to convert those column values in separate rows .

For example :
Code:
Column 1           Column2
Jan,Feb              Hold,Sell,Buy

Expected Result
Code:
Column1                 Column 2
Jan                          Hold
Feb                          Sell
[NULL] or Blank        Buy

Also column values for above will be dynamic and not restricted to just 2 or 3 values and are always comma(,) separated.
Please guide

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

flags to suppress column output, # of rows selected in db2 sql in UNIX

Hello, I am new to db2 SQL in unix so bear with me while I try to explain the situation. I have a text file that has the contents of the where condition that I am using for a db2 SQL in UNIX ksh. Here is the snippet. if ; then echo "Begin processing VALUEs" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert rows into column

if u have a data 2 4 6 8 5 4 4 5 6 then result shud be like 2 4 6 7 5 4 4 5 6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Column to rows

Hi, I have a file with below contents. Heading1 Heading2 Heading3 Heading4 Value1 Value2 Value3 Value4 The file has only 2 rows and is tab separated The desired output is : Heading1 Value1 Heading2 Value2 Heading3 Value3 Heading4 Value4 CAn you please help? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaponeh
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort the multi column rows

abc xyz - - - - - - - - - - - How to sort the second column in ascending order. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substract selective values in multi row, multi column file (using awk or sed?)

Hi, I have a problem where I need to make this input: nameRow1a,text1a,text2a,floatValue1a,FloatValue2a,...,floatValue140a nameRow1b,text1b,text2b,floatValue1b,FloatValue2b,...,floatValue140b look like this output: nameRow1a,text1b,text2a,(floatValue1a - floatValue1b),(floatValue2a -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nricardo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert values in a line to rows?

hi, I am basically running a sql that returns me values and I have stored them to a variable for example value of the variable will be: 123 124 345 now I want to write values stored in the variable into a file as 123 124 345 thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babom
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Rows into Column

Hi Experts, I have a requirement to convert rows into columns. For e.g. Input File: Output File should be like Appreciate if you could suggest code snippet(may be awk) for above requirement... Thanks in Advance for your help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Column data values to rows

Hi all , I have a file with the below content Header Section employee|employee name||Job description|Job code|Unitcode|Account|geography|C1|C2|C3|C4|C5|C6|C7|C8|C9|Csource|Oct|Nov|Dec|Jan|Feb|Mar|Apr|May|Jun|Jul|Aug|Sep Data section ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hypesslearner
1 Replies

9. Programming

DB2 Query to pick hierarchy values

Dear Team I am using DB2 v9 . I have a condition to check roles based on hierarchies like below example. 1.Ramesh has Roles as "Manager" and "Interviewer" 2.KITS has Roles as "Interviewer" 3.ANAND has Roles as "Manager" and "Interviewer" select * FROM TESTING NAME ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

DB2 Query modification to remove duplicate values using LISTAGG function

I am using DB2 v9 and trying to get country values in comma seperated format using below query SELECT distinct LISTAGG(COUNTRIES, ',') WITHIN GROUP(ORDER BY EMPLOYEE) FROM LOCATION ; Output Achieved MEXICO,UNITED STATES,INDIA,JAPAN,UNITED KINGDOM,MEXICO,UNITED STATES The table... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
4 Replies
RTBL(3) 						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						   RTBL(3)

NAME
rtbl_create, rtbl_destroy, rtbl_set_flags, rtbl_get_flags, rtbl_set_prefix, rtbl_set_separator, rtbl_set_column_prefix, rtbl_set_column_affix_by_id, rtbl_add_column, rtbl_add_column_by_id, rtbl_add_column_entry, rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id, rtbl_new_row, rtbl_format -- format data in simple tables LIBRARY
The roken library (libroken, -lroken) SYNOPSIS
#include <rtbl.h> int rtbl_add_column(rtbl_t table, const char *column_name, unsigned int flags); int rtbl_add_column_by_id(rtbl_t table, unsigned int column_id, const char *column_header, unsigned int flags); int rtbl_add_column_entry(rtbl_t table, const char *column_name, const char *cell_entry); int rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(rtbl_t table, unsigned int column_id, const char *cell_entry); rtbl_t rtbl_create(void); void rtbl_destroy(rtbl_t table); int rtbl_new_row(rtbl_t table); int rtbl_set_column_affix_by_id(rtbl_t table, unsigned int column_id, const, char, *prefix", const char *suffix); int rtbl_set_column_prefix(rtbl_t table, const char *column_name, const char *prefix); unsigned int rtbl_get_flags(rtbl_t table); void rtbl_set_flags(rtbl_t table, unsigned int flags); int rtbl_set_prefix(rtbl_t table, const char *prefix); int rtbl_set_separator(rtbl_t table, const char *separator); int rtbl_format(rtbl_t table, FILE, *file"); DESCRIPTION
This set of functions assemble a simple table consisting of rows and columns, allowing it to be printed with certain options. Typical use would be output from tools such as ls(1) or netstat(1), where you have a fixed number of columns, but don't know the column widths before hand. A table is created with rtbl_create() and destroyed with rtbl_destroy(). Global flags on the table are set with rtbl_set_flags and retrieved with rtbl_get_flags. At present the only defined flag is RTBL_HEADER_STYLE_NONE which suppresses printing the header. Before adding data to the table, one or more columns need to be created. This would normally be done with rtbl_add_column_by_id(), column_id is any number of your choice (it's used only to identify columns), column_header is the header to print at the top of the column, and flags are flags specific to this column. Currently the only defined flag is RTBL_ALIGN_RIGHT, aligning column entries to the right. Columns are printed in the order they are added. There's also a way to add columns by column name with rtbl_add_column(), but this is less flexible (you need unique header names), and is considered deprecated. To add data to a column you use rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(), where the column_id is the same as when the column was added (adding data to a non-existent column is undefined), and cell_entry is whatever string you wish to include in that cell. It should not include newlines. For columns added with rtbl_add_column() you must use rtbl_add_column_entry() instead. rtbl_new_row() fills all columns with blank entries until they all have the same number of rows. Each column can have a separate prefix and suffix, set with rtbl_set_column_affix_by_id; rtbl_set_column_prefix allows setting the prefix only by column name. In addition to this, columns may be separated by a string set with rtbl_set_separator (by default columns are not seprated by anything). The finished table is printed to file with rtbl_format. EXAMPLES
This program: #include <stdio.h> #include <rtbl.h> int main(int argc, char **argv) { rtbl_t table; table = rtbl_create(); rtbl_set_separator(table, " "); rtbl_add_column_by_id(table, 0, "Column A", 0); rtbl_add_column_by_id(table, 1, "Column B", RTBL_ALIGN_RIGHT); rtbl_add_column_by_id(table, 2, "Column C", 0); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 0, "A-1"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 0, "A-2"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 0, "A-3"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 1, "B-1"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 2, "C-1"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 2, "C-2"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 1, "B-2"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 1, "B-3"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 2, "C-3"); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 0, "A-4"); rtbl_new_row(table); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 1, "B-4"); rtbl_new_row(table); rtbl_add_column_entry_by_id(table, 2, "C-4"); rtbl_new_row(table); rtbl_format(table, stdout); rtbl_destroy(table); return 0; } will output the following: Column A Column B Column C A-1 B-1 C-1 A-2 B-2 C-2 A-3 B-3 C-3 A-4 B-4 C-4 HEIMDAL
June 26, 2004 HEIMDAL