Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Send Data to MySQL Table Columns Post 303012813 by SysAdminRialto on Friday 9th of February 2018 03:52:40 PM
Old 02-09-2018
Thanks ctsgnb, but I used a shorter command to export data to MySQL DB. I decided to use mysqlimport command and it worked. Thanks for taking the time to help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

MySql: create table error

Hi, iam learning MySql. Iam trieing to create a table in the database "guestbook" at the command line in mysql heres what i type but i get a error mysql>create table guestbook ->( -> name varchar(40) null. -> url varchar(40) null. -> comments ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Inserting data in mysql table

Cant understand the error #!/bin/bash temp="" A="" D=$(date +"%Y-%m-%d") H=$(date +"%R") temp=$(wget -q -O - website | grep -o "Temperature:]**" | grep \-E -o "+") mysql -D "weather_wise" -e "INSERT INTO weather (Date, Hour, Degrees) VALUES ($D,$H, $temp)"; my data types for... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadharah
11 Replies

3. Programming

API C MYSQL vs lock table ???

(sorry for my english) Hi, i have an app that uses MYSQL API C.. i trying do a timeout until the table is locked by an other thread , in the docs of Mysql i can see that MYSQL_OPT_READ_TIMEOUT is not implemented for linux ¿?¿?.. any body knows a way to do a timeout until the table is locked by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JEscola
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange Data in table and send by mail

Everybody, can you tell me how express about this; we have text data file as : parameter1 Parameter2 AA 55 BB 77 . . . . . . We want to draw table for this data as attached then send as body of Email (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xjklop2009
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to print out data from mysql table in perl script

I'm having trouble with this code. if i do .\read.pl -u user it prints out 2010-12-20 12:00:00 host1 <cmd>a 2010-12-20 12:00:01 host1 <cmd> <execute> 2010-12-20 12:00:02 host1 <cmd>b 2010-12-20 12:00:03 host1 <cmd>c however, if i enter .\read.pl -h host1 it should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
3 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

mysql table disappear

I have set a mysql file to excute everyday morning to generate a html file displayng 2 tables from the database. Sometime they cannot be shown, and it shows the tables are not existed. I have not drop any table, and those 2 tables are not used by any other excution. Anybody know what is happening?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c203040
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take Data From a table and send it through mail

Hi can anyone help me in writing a code for taking data from a table and need to send that data through mail using mail -x command.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting unable to send the sql query data in table in body of email

I have written a shell script that calls below sql file. It is not sending the query data in table in the body of email. spool table_update.html; SELECT * FROM PROCESS_LOG_STATS where process = 'ActivateSubscription'; spool off; exit; Please use code tags next time for your code and data.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharanakumar
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want query output to send on mail using table tag and output should be in table

#! /bin/ksh #] && . ./.profile 2>/dev/null if test -f '.profile'; then . ./.profile; fi; #. .profile LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1"; pzTitle="$2"; pzMsg="$3"; pzFrom="$4"; pzTo="$5"; pzFiles="$6"; pzReplyTo="$7" ( ... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
21 Replies

10. Programming

MYSQL merge csv data with exisiting table

I have a MYSQL table with demographic data. The addresses contained in the table were entered manually before the advent of online postcode lookup software and, hence, there are a lot of errors when using automated online mailing checking software. I plan to export the data as csv file for a 3rd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
1 Replies
grass-mysql(1grass)						Grass User's Manual					       grass-mysql(1grass)

NAME
grass-mysql - MySQL driver MySQL driver MySQL driver in GRASS MySQL database driver in GRASS enables GRASS to store vector attributes in MySQL server. Because vector attribute tables are created automaticaly when a new vector is written and the name of the table is the same as the name of the vector it is good practice to create a new database for each GRASS mapset. Creating a MySQL database A new database is created within MySQL: mysql> CREATE DATABASE mydb; See the MySQL manual for details. Driver and database name GRASS modules require 2 parameters to connect to a database. Those parameters are 'driver' and 'database'. For MySQL driver the parameter 'driver' should be set to value 'mysql'. The parameter 'database' can be given in two formats: Database name - in case of connection from localhost String of comma separated list of kye=value options. Supported options are: dbname - database name host - host name or IP address port - server port number Examples of connection parameters: db.connect driver=mysql database=mytest db.connect driver=mysql database='dbname=mytest,host=test.grass.org' Data types GRASS supports almost all MySQL data types with following limitations: Binary columns (BINARY, VARBINARY, TINYBLOB, MEDIUMBLOB, BLOB, LONGBLOB) are not not supported. If a table with binary col- umn(s) is used in GRASS a warning is printed and only the supported columns are returned in query results. Columns of type SET and ENUM are represented as string (VARCHAR). Very large integers in columns of type BIGINT can be lost or corrupted because GRASS does not support 64 bin integeres on most platforms. GRASS does not currently distinguish types TIMESTAMP and DATETIME. Both types are in GRASS interpreted as TIMESTAMP. Indexes GRASS modules automaticaly create index on key column of vector attributes table. The index on key column is important for performance of modules which update the attribute table, for example v.to.db, v.distance and v.what.rast. Privileges Because MySQL does not support groups of users and because only MySQL 'root' can grant privileges to other users GRASS cannot automaticaly grant select privileges on created tables to group of users. If you want to give privilege to read data from your mapset to other users you have to ask your MySQL server administrator to grant select privilege to them on the MySQL database used for that mapset. For example, to allow everybody to read data in from your database 'mydb': shell> mysql --user=root mysql mysql> GRANT SELECT ON mydb.* TO ''@'%'; Schemas Because MySQL does not support database schemas the parameter 'schema' of module db.connect should never be set to any value. If you set that parameter for MySQL driver GRASS will try to write tables to the specified schema which will result in errors. Groups MySQL does not support user groups. Any settings specified by 'group' parameter of module db.connect are ignored by GRASS for MySQL driver. SEE ALSO
db.connect, SQL support in GRASS GIS Credits Development of the driver was sponsored by Faunalia (Italy) as part of a project for ATAC. AUTHOR
Radim Blazek Last changed: $Date: 2011-02-07 18:59:50 +0100 (Mon, 07 Feb 2011) $ Help Index GRASS 6.4.2 grass-mysql(1grass)