Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Changing file names
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Changing file names Post 303012744 by rdrtx1 on Thursday 8th of February 2018 09:36:24 AM
Old 02-08-2018
Code:
for i in sac_pzs_* ; do mv $i ${i#sac_pzs_}.sac.pzs ; done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing file names to lowercase

hey guys having some trouble figuring this out. my program is supposed to take a name of a directory as a command line argument and change the filenames inside that directory to lowercase. what i dont get is how you access that directory and go thru all the files and change the filenames... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 30177005
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving files and changing names

i have many files with extention filename.ASN_ERROR~ at a path. I want to move these files to another path and change extension to .ASN There are more then 80,000 files so i cant use manual commands muneebr (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muneebr
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file names with AWK

Dear All, I have some thousands of files in a folder and i need to change those file names without opening the file (no need to change anything in the file content, need to change the file name only). The filenames are as follows: Myfile_name.1_parameter Myfile_name.2_parameter... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fredrick
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing names

I have file names m04-npt06-z30-syn.ps m04-npt06-dp018-8x6smp.vmod m04-npt06-sr40-syn-dp01-16x12drw.params m04-npt06-sr40-syn-dp008-16x12drw.params m04-npt06-sr40-syn-dp008-16x12drw.vmod m04-npt06-sr40-syn-dp008-16x12drw.bck m04-npt06-sr40-syn-dp008-16x12drw.exp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file names

I have lot of files whose names are something like the following. I want to change the name of all the files from 'npt02' to 'n02'. npt02-z30-sr65-rgdt0p50-dc0p01-16x12drw.tpf npt02-z30-sr65-rgdt0p50-dc0p01-8x6drw.back npt02-z30-sr65-rgdt0p50-dc0p01-8x6drw-bst-mis.xy... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Changing file names

I have written a csh script that changes the name of file from src to dst. I am getting the error below: TESTAmvfiles DONE TESTAmvfiles set: Variable name must begin with a letter. The csh script is: #!/bin/csh #... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file names

I have file names as shown and want to change the name to have only the first four numbers. /home/chrisd/Desktop/nips/nips_2013/5212-learning-feature-selection-dependencies-in-multi-task-learning.pdf /home/chrisd/Desktop/nips/nips_2013/5213-parametric-task-learning.pdf... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file names

I have a series of files as follows file-1.pdf file-2.pdf file-3.pdf file-4.pdf file-5.pdf file-6.pdf file-7.pdf I want to have the file names with odd numbers starting from an initial number, for example 2000. The result would be the following: file-2001.pdf file-2003.pdf... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bulk changing of file names using Terminal in OS X

I want to change the name of several files within a folders (directory) and subdirectories in OS X. If I only wanted to change file names within the directory I guess I would use: rm photo*.jpg picture*.jpg I have lots of subdirectories, is there a way of getting the file changes for all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ademanuele
5 Replies

10. Debian

Changing file extension names

Hi I have a list of files :root@L28mustang:/var/log/exim4/2017/Jul2017_Blast_BC07# ls -lrt | grep mainlog -rw-r----- 1 Debian-exim adm 3636932 Jul 8 06:25 mainlog.3.gz -rw-r----- 1 Debian-exim adm 919512 Jul 9 06:27 mainlog.2.gz -rw-r----- 1 Debian-exim adm 7655054 Jul 10 06:25 mainlog.1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)