Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to backup (create image) SunOS 5.10 sparc? Post 303012715 by 2fat2fly on Wednesday 7th of February 2018 11:23:06 PM
Old 02-08-2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by hicksd8
Is the purpose of this solely for backup? Or is there some other motive?
I need to "copy/clone" one server to another "same" server, with the same options

Quote:
What type of filesystem(s) do you have? UFS or ZFS? and how many?
Code:
 # cat /etc/vfstab       
#device         device          mount           FS      fsck    mount   mount
#to mount       to fsck         point           type    pass    at boot options
#
fd      -       /dev/fd fd      -       no      -
/proc   -       /proc   proc    -       no      -
/dev/md/dsk/d20       -       -       swap    -       no      -
/dev/md/dsk/d10 /dev/md/rdsk/d10        /       ufs     1       no      -
/dev/md/dsk/d50       /dev/md/rdsk/d50      /var    ufs     1       no      -
/dev/md/dsk/d60       /dev/md/rdsk/d60      /export/home    ufs     2       yes     -
/dev/md/dsk/d40       /dev/md/rdsk/d40      /opt    ufs     2       yes     -
/dev/md/dsk/d70       /dev/md/rdsk/d70      /u01    ufs     1       yes     -
/dev/md/dsk/d80       /dev/md/rdsk/d80      /u02    ufs     1       yes     -

Quote:
Do you have another network node that you could send a backup to?
Yes, I do. But I would like to clone it to the external hdd

PS. OS: SunOS 5.10 Generic_150400-38 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V245

Last edited by 2fat2fly; 02-08-2018 at 01:05 AM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Create an Ignite image on tape from Online IgniteUX image

Hi, (HP-UX 11.11) I need to create a tape image of an igniteUX image created on our igniteUX server. That is to say. I have a "Online" image of the igniteUX of the targeted system but I now need to copy it to a useable TAPE (igniteUX) image so i can build an other server from it that is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andrek
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DES3 encryption in SunOS sparc

Hi, I want to encrypt a unix file using the des3 algorithm. Seems that there are no standard unix utilities readily available. Can you please suggest how I can encrypt a unix file using des3 ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samuel.vincent
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 Sparc - backup drive how to read it?

Disk is: c0t1d0 partition> print Current partition table (original): Total disk cylinders available: 38307 + 2 (reserved cylinders) Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 unassigned wm 0 - 38306 74.53GB (38307/0/0) 156292560 1 unassigned... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnox
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching image files to create one image

Hi, I have two sets of image files. Both sets have names A to Z but set 1 ends with .cdt.png and set 2 ends with .matrix.png. I want set 1 to match with set 2 if the names match (i.e. A.cdt.png will match with A.matrix.png) and with the convert image tool (program for images), it will merge the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

5. Solaris

How to scan for LUNs in SunOS sun4v sparc?

Hi everyone, We have the below sun Operating system, Now our storage team have Create a 500GB LUN for this server, How can i scan and mount the shared LUN ? Could anyone help me to resolve this issue. SunOS my_hostname.com 5.10 Generic_150400-09 sun4v sparc sun4v Update: -------- I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
9 Replies

6. Solaris

SunOS sun4v sparc ntp service in maintenance mode.

Hi experts, This is a production server. Host information's are below SunOS hostname_srv 5.10 Generic_150400-09 sun4v sparc sun4v Now issue with ntp service, This host have zone in it with 9 hosts, Every hosts have ntp service issue. While i check for the service status it's in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command Fails on SunOS Sparc

Hi, This command works ggrep -v -F -x -f app1.txt app2.txt But, I don't have ggrep on SunOS Sparc so I tried using grep instead but it errors out grep: illegal option -- F bash-2.03$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.8 Generic_Virtual sun4v sparc sun4v Can you help me with a grep command that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies
vfstab(4)                                                          File Formats                                                          vfstab(4)

NAME
vfstab - table of file system defaults DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/vfstab describes defaults for each file system. The information is stored in a table with the following column headings: device device mount FS fsck mount mount to mount to fsck point type pass at boot options The fields in the table are space-separated and show the resource name (device to mount), the raw device to fsck (device to fsck), the default mount directory (mount point), the name of the file system type (FS type), the number used by fsck to decide whether to check the file system automatically (fsck pass), whether the file system should be mounted automatically by mountall (mount at boot), and the file system mount options (mount options). (See respective mount file system man page below in SEE ALSO for mount options.) A '-' is used to indicate no entry in a field. This may be used when a field does not apply to the resource being mounted. The getvfsent(3C) family of routines is used to read and write to /etc/vfstab. /etc/vfstab can be used to specify swap areas. An entry so specified, (which can be a file or a device), will automatically be added as a swap area by the /sbin/swapadd script when the system boots. To specify a swap area, the device-to-mount field contains the name of the swap file or device, the FS-type is "swap", mount-at-boot is "no" and all other fields have no entry. EXAMPLES
The following are vfstab entries for various file system types supported in the Solaris operating environment. Example 1: NFS and UFS Mounts The following entry invokes NFS to automatically mount the directory /usr/local of the server example1 on the client's /usr/local directory with read-only permission: example1:/usr/local - /usr/local nfs - yes ro The following example assumes a small departmental mail setup, in which clients mount /var/mail from a server mailsvr. The following entry would be listed in each client's vfstab: mailsvr:/var/mail - /var/mail nfs - yes intr,bg The following is an example for a UFS file system in which logging is enabled: /dev/dsk/c2t10d0s0 /dev/rdsk/c2t10d0s0 /export/local ufs 3 yes logging See mount_nfs(1M) for a description of NFS mount options and mount_ufs(1M) for a description of UFS options. Example 2: pcfs Mounts The following example mounts a pcfs file system on a fixed hard disk on an x86 machine: /dev/dsk/c1t2d0p0:c - /win98 pcfs - yes - The example below mounts a Jaz drive on a SPARC machine. Normally, the volume management daemon (see vold(1M)) handles mounting of remov- able media, obviating a vfstab entry. If you choose to specify a device that supports removable media in vfstab, be sure to set the mount- at-boot field to no, as below. Such an entry presumes you are not running vold. /dev/dsk/c1t2d0s2:c - /jaz pcfs - no - For removable media on a SPARC machine, the convention for the slice portion of the disk identifier is to specify s2, which stands for the entire medium. For pcfs file systems on x86 machines, note that the disk identifier uses a p (p0) and a logical drive (c, in the /win98 example above) for a pcfs logical drive. See mount_pcfs(1M) for syntax for pcfs logical drives and for pcfs-specific mount options. Example 3: CacheFS Mount Below is an example for a CacheFS file system. Because of the length of this entry and the fact that vfstab entries cannot be continued to a second line, the vfstab fields are presented here in a vertical format. In re-creating such an entry in your own vfstab, you would enter values as you would for any vfstab entry, on a single line. device to mount: svr1:/export/abc device to fsck: /usr/abc mount point: /opt/cache FS type: cachefs fsck pass: 7 mount at boot: yes mount options: local-access,bg,nosuid,demandconst,backfstype=nfs,cachedir=/opt/cache See mount_cachefs(1M) for CacheFS-specific mount options. Example 4: Loopback File System Mount The following is an example of mounting a loopback (lofs) file system: /export/test - /opt/test lofs - yes - See lofs(7FS) for an overview of the loopback file system. SEE ALSO
fsck(1M), mount(1M), mount_cachefs(1M), mount_hsfs(1M), mount_nfs(1M), mount_tmpfs(1M), mount_ufs(1M), swap(1M), getvfsent(3C) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration SunOS 5.10 21 Jun 2001 vfstab(4)