Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2) Post 303012581 by mohtashims on Tuesday 6th of February 2018 09:21:23 AM
Old 02-06-2018
Hammer & Screwdriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarloM
Code:
-S none /web/Transfer_Files/data/

-S doesn't take an argument (at least on Ubuntu Linux), so I'd guess it's interpreting none as a source (relative to cwd, which is presumably /web/Transfer_files)
You got it right. removing the -S none helped resolve the problem.

Now, the bigger issue is; how do i make Ansible construct the rsync command without the -S none as the argument.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync mirror of download directory

I have a download directory for NDM Secure+ to receive files from other system. I need to mirror this directory to another box, but need to skip files that are still coming in. I have no control over file names or destination directories as they are configured on the sending side. How can I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wskibum
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why rsync deletes source directory?

Hi I have a strange problem. Sometimes when I execute the below command something wierd happens. rsync -avz -e ssh travegre@travegre.net: ../travegre.net/ the folder named "hm" that is held in travegre.net and is coppied along with all the other folders and data at travegre.net, gets... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: travegre
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rsync deletes original directory

Hi I have a strange problem. Sometimes when I execute the below command something wierd happens. rsync -avz -e ssh travegre@travegre.net: ../travegre.net/ the folder named "hm" that is held in travegre.net and is coppied along with all the other folders and data at travegre.net, gets deleted... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: travegre
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to rsync or tar directory trees, with hidden directory, but without files?

I want to backup all the directory tress, including hidden directories, without copying any files. find . -type d gives the perfect list. When I tried tar, it won't work for me because it tars all the files. find . -type d | xargs tar -cvf a.tar So i tried rsync. On my own test box, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fld2007
4 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed

hi guys. I have configured rsync to make a mirror, but there is an error, I don't understand in the logfile: 2011/01/18 16:54:25 rsync on centos/ from UNKNOWN (212.120.196.127) 2011/01/18 15:56:00 rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes : Connection reset by peer (104)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync: skip mail directory

i want to skip the /home/user/mail directory in an rsync but only in this level not like /home/user/public_html/anotherscript/mail if i have a command like this rsync -av --exclude mail /home/$USER root@$SERVERIP:/home2 does it exclude only the mail directory directly under... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync defined directory

i want to copy with rsync a specified (sub)-directory and the according folders and files below. my test failed : cd /dir /usr/bin/rsync -ravz -e ssh --include='*/' --include='*/00/*/*' --exclude='*' . remote_host:/tmp i want to copy in these example the directory "00" and the according... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
2 Replies

8. Fedora

Rsync failed

I was backing up a home directory and had rsync fail on me. I noticed that it was trying to copy a large file (over 4.2 gigs). That made me wonder if the code is 32 bit and failed on the 2 ^32 (max size issue) The code which I invoked is as follows: rsync -aPH... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertdaleweir
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Move directory with rsync and delete from source

I need a rsync command which will exclude certain files and directories from source and copy the rest. I got this command working, sudo rsync -avzh --exclude 'bin' --exclude 'braintree' --exclude 'colinmollenhour' --exclude 'composer' --exclude 'doctrine' --exclude 'fabpot' --exclude... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with rsync: failed to set times on "/tmp/.": Not owner (1)

Hi, Here is my source host and folder details. $ hostname source-host $ id uid=600000208(src-user) gid=64688(src-user) groups=64688(src-user) $ ls -ltrd /web/Trn_File/data/ drwxrwxrwx 3 src-user src-user 4096 Feb 7 15:27 /web/Trn_File/data/ $ ls -ltrd /web/Trn_File/data/* drwxrwxrwx 8... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
RoPkg::Rsync::LogParser(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      RoPkg::Rsync::LogParser(3pm)

NAME
RoPkg::Rsync::LogParser - a rsync log parser class SYNOPSIS
#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warning; sub main { my $lp = new RoPkg::Rsync::LogParser( type => 'client' ); $lp->Parse('/tmp/debian-log.txt'); } main(); Short description RoPkg::Rsync::LogParser is a class used to parse (for the moment) client side rsync logs. Using this class you can extract the transfered files, symlinks created, directories, total number of files, transfered bytes, speed of transfer etc. LogParser support list filter trough probes (used by many projects to verify the mirrors). The primary use of this class is inside Simba, but can be used without problems in any other project who needs a rsync client log parser. METHODS
new(hash) Constructor of the class. When creating a new class instance you must provide the type of log: client or server . For the moment only the client parsing routines are defined. Log($raw_log) Get/Set the raw rsync log. With no parameters, the get behaviour is selected. If a parameter is present (and valid) the method acts as a Set method. Probes(@probes_list) Get/Set the raw probes list. If no parameter is present, the method returns the number of probes defined (0 if none). If a list of probes is given, the list is added to the existing list of probes. Parse($filename) Parse a rsync client log. If no filename is specified, the method parses the log previsiously set with Log() method. Please take extra care with the filename. If it does not exists, or is not a file a exception will be raised (Param::Wrong and File::Open). Files() In scalar context returns the number of transfered files (filtered by probes list). In list context, returns the list of transfered files. RealFiles() In scalar context returns the number of transfered files. In list context, returns the list of transfered files. Deleted() In scalar context returns the number of deleted files (filtered by probes list). In list context, returns the list of deleted files. RealDeleted() In scalar context returns the number of deleted files. In list context, returns the list of deleted files. Speed() Returns the speed (as reported by rsync [in bytes/sec]) of the transfer. Size() Returns the size of the synced content. TransfData() Returns the total number of bytes transfered during the sync session Symlinks() In scalar context returns the number of symlinks (filtered by probes list). In list context, returns the list of symlinks. RealSymlinks() In scalar context returns the number of symlinks. In list context, returns the list of symlinks. PREREQUISITES
RoPkg::Utils requires perl 5.008 or later and RoPkg::Exceptions class. From CPAN, you need the Scalar::Util module. At build time Test::More is required for tests (if you don't plan to use the tests ignore this dependency). SEE ALSO
RoPkg::Rsync::Node RoPkg::Rsync::ConfFile RoPkg::Exceptions AUTHOR
Subredu Manuel <diablo@iasi.roedu.net> LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2005 Subredu Manuel. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The LICENSE file contains the full text of the license. perl v5.8.8 2006-06-09 RoPkg::Rsync::LogParser(3pm)