Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think) Post 303012567 by samonl on Tuesday 6th of February 2018 06:08:18 AM
Old 02-06-2018
Thank you. I think you are right. I am using 'cat' to join the whole lot together and try to solve the labelling afterwards once all the rtf rubbish has been removed. I am going to say this is solved because a) your code shows me the correct gsub b) I have forced myself to read the array pages / loop pages of awk to the point where I'll have fun trying until I give up and do the whole thing manually/with the vba bit of excel. All for some ungrateful third year students. Thanks very much.

---------- Post updated at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:39 AM ----------

Code:
,ik60607,Item 122116, 658.49
,ik60607,Item 12313, 550.71
,ik60607,Item 50, 30111.98
,ik60607,Item 51, 3807.15
,ik60607,Item 52, 2384.38

You have no idea how much pure joy you have generated. Thank you. Really.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find string nth occurrence in file and print line number

Hi I have requirement to find nth occurrence in a file and capture data from with in lines (between lines) Data in File. <QUOTE> <SESSION> <ATTRIBUTE NAME='Parameter Filename' VALUE='file1.parm'/> <ATTRIBUTE NAME='Service Name' VALUE='None'/> </SESSION> <SESSION> <ATTRIBUTE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to start reading from the nth line till the last line of a file.

Hi, For my reuirement, I have to read a file from the 2nd line till the last line<EOF>. Say, I have a file as test.txt, which as a header record in the first line followed by records in rest of the lines. for i in `cat test.txt` { echo $i } While doing the above loop, I have read... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing nth and n+1th line after a pattern match

Hi , I want to print the nth and n+1 lines from a file once it gets a pattern match. For eg: aaa bbb ccc ddd gh jjjj If I find a match for bbb then I need to print bbb as well as 3rd and 4th line from the match.. Please help..Is it possible to get a command using sed :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines between the start string and end string including start and end string Python

Hi, I am trying to remove lines once a string is found till another string is found including the start string and end string. I want to basically grab all the lines starting with color (closing bracket). PS: The line after the closing bracket for color could be anything (currently 'more').... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to count start and end keyword in a line

Hello fellow awkers and seders: need to figure out a way to ensure a software deployment has completed by checking its trace file in which I can store the deployment results as follows: echo $testvar ===== Summary - Deploy Result - Start ===== ===== Summary - Deploy Result - End =====... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ux4me
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a text file and add another string at the end of line

Dear All I am having a text file which is having more than 200 lines. EX: 001010122 12000 BIB 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 2000 AND 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 12000 KVB 12000 11200 1200003 In the above file i want to search for string KVB... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - printing nth field based on parameter

I have a need to print nth field based on the parameter passed. Suppose I have 3 fields in a file, passing 1 to the function should print 1st field and so on. I have attempted below function but this throws an error due to incorrect awk syntax. function calcmaxlen { FIELDMAXLEN=0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep start and end line of each segments in a file

Cat file1 -------- ---------- SCHEMA.TABLE1 insert------- update----- ------------- ---------- SCHEMA.TABLE2 insert------- update----- ----------- ------------ SCHEMA.TABLE3 insert------- update----- ------------ grep -n SCHEMA > header_file2.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veera_V
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing nth field with nth_text for each line in a file

Hi All, I am very new to shell scripting and tried to search this in the forum but no luck. Requirment: I have an input file which is comma separated. I need to replace the value in 4th column with another value. This has to happen for all the lines in the file. Sample data: Input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarsd
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Use strings from nth field from one file to match strings in entire line in another file, awk

I cannot seem to get what should be a simple awk one-liner to work correctly and cannot figure out why. I would like to use patterns from a specific field in one file as regex to search for matching strings in the entire line ($0) of another file. I would like to output the lines of File2 which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jvoot
1 Replies
wxTreeCtrl(3erl)					     Erlang Module Definition						  wxTreeCtrl(3erl)

NAME
wxTreeCtrl - See external documentation: wxTreeCtrl. DESCRIPTION
See external documentation: wxTreeCtrl . Note: The representation of treeItemId() have changed from the original class implementation to be an semi-opaque type,Equality between TreeItemId's can be tested and zero means that the TreeItem is invalid. DATA TYPES
wxTreeCtrl() : An object reference, The representation is internal and can be changed without notice. It can't be used for comparsion stored on disc or distributed for use on other nodes. EXPORTS
new() -> wxTreeCtrl() See external documentation . new(Parent::wxWindow() (see module wxWindow)) -> wxTreeCtrl() Equivalent to new(Parent, []) . new(Parent::wxWindow() (see module wxWindow), Options::[Option]) -> wxTreeCtrl() Types Option = {id, integer()} | {pos, {X::integer(), Y::integer()}} | {size, {W::integer(), H::integer()}} | {style, integer()} | {validator, wx() (see module wx)} See external documentation . addRoot(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Text::string()) -> integer() Equivalent to addRoot(This, Text, []) . addRoot(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Text::string(), Options::[Option]) -> integer() Types Option = {image, integer()} | {selectedImage, integer()} | {data, term()} See external documentation . appendItem(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Parent::integer(), Text::string()) -> integer() Equivalent to appendItem(This, Parent, Text, []) . appendItem(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Parent::integer(), Text::string(), Options::[Option]) -> integer() Types Option = {image, integer()} | {selectedImage, integer()} | {data, term()} See external documentation . assignImageList(This::wxTreeCtrl(), ImageList::wxImageList() (see module wxImageList)) -> ok See external documentation . assignStateImageList(This::wxTreeCtrl(), ImageList::wxImageList() (see module wxImageList)) -> ok See external documentation . collapse(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . collapseAndReset(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . create(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Parent::wxWindow() (see module wxWindow)) -> bool() Equivalent to create(This, Parent, []) . create(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Parent::wxWindow() (see module wxWindow), Options::[Option]) -> bool() Types Option = {id, integer()} | {pos, {X::integer(), Y::integer()}} | {size, {W::integer(), H::integer()}} | {style, integer()} | {validator, wx() (see module wx)} See external documentation . delete(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . deleteAllItems(This::wxTreeCtrl()) -> ok See external documentation . deleteChildren(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . editLabel(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> wxTextCtrl() (see module wxTextCtrl) See external documentation . ensureVisible(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . expand(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . getBoundingRect(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer(), Rect::{X::integer(), Y::integer(), W::integer(), H::integer()}) -> bool() Equivalent to getBoundingRect(This, Item, Rect, []) . getBoundingRect(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer(), Rect::{X::integer(), Y::integer(), W::integer(), H::integer()}, Options::[Option]) -> bool() Types Option = {textOnly, bool()} See external documentation . getChildrenCount(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> integer() Equivalent to getChildrenCount(This, Item, []) . getChildrenCount(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer(), Options::[Option]) -> integer() Types Option = {recursively, bool()} See external documentation . getCount(This::wxTreeCtrl()) -> integer() See external documentation . getEditControl(This::wxTreeCtrl()) -> wxTextCtrl() (see module wxTextCtrl) See external documentation . getFirstChild(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> {integer(), Cookie::integer()} See external documentation . getNextChild(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer(), Cookie::integer()) -> {integer(), Cookie::integer()} See external documentation . getFirstVisibleItem(This::wxTreeCtrl()) -> integer() See external documentation . getImageList(This::wxTreeCtrl()) -> wxImageList() (see module wxImageList) See external documentation . getIndent(This::wxTreeCtrl()) -> integer() See external documentation . getItemBackgroundColour(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> colour() (see module wx) See external documentation . getItemData(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> term() See external documentation . getItemFont(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> wxFont() (see module wxFont) See external documentation . getItemImage(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> integer() See external documentation . getItemImage(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer(), Options::[Option]) -> integer() Types Option = {which, WxTreeItemIcon} WxTreeItemIcon = integer() See external documentation . WxTreeItemIcon is one of ?wxTreeItemIcon_Normal | ?wxTreeItemIcon_Selected | ?wxTreeItemIcon_Expanded | ?wxTreeItemIcon_SelectedEx- panded | ?wxTreeItemIcon_Max getItemText(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> string() See external documentation . getItemTextColour(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> colour() (see module wx) See external documentation . getLastChild(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> integer() See external documentation . getNextSibling(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> integer() See external documentation . getNextVisible(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> integer() See external documentation . getItemParent(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> integer() See external documentation . getPrevSibling(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> integer() See external documentation . getPrevVisible(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> integer() See external documentation . getRootItem(This::wxTreeCtrl()) -> integer() See external documentation . getSelection(This::wxTreeCtrl()) -> integer() See external documentation . getSelections(This::wxTreeCtrl()) -> {integer(), Val::[integer()]} See external documentation . getStateImageList(This::wxTreeCtrl()) -> wxImageList() (see module wxImageList) See external documentation . hitTest(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Point::{X::integer(), Y::integer()}) -> integer() See external documentation . insertItem(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Parent::integer(), Pos::integer(), Text::string()) -> integer() Equivalent to insertItem(This, Parent, Pos, Text, []) . insertItem(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Parent::integer(), Pos::integer(), Text::string(), Options::[Option]) -> integer() Types Option = {image, integer()} | {selImage, integer()} | {data, term()} See external documentation . isBold(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> bool() See external documentation . isExpanded(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> bool() See external documentation . isSelected(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> bool() See external documentation . isVisible(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> bool() See external documentation . itemHasChildren(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> bool() See external documentation . prependItem(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Parent::integer(), Text::string()) -> integer() Equivalent to prependItem(This, Parent, Text, []) . prependItem(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Parent::integer(), Text::string(), Options::[Option]) -> integer() Types Option = {image, integer()} | {selectedImage, integer()} | {data, term()} See external documentation . scrollTo(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . selectItem(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . selectItem(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer(), Options::[Option]) -> ok Types Option = {select, bool()} See external documentation . setIndent(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Indent::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . setImageList(This::wxTreeCtrl(), ImageList::wxImageList() (see module wxImageList)) -> ok See external documentation . setItemBackgroundColour(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer(), Col::colour() (see module wx)) -> ok See external documentation . setItemBold(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> ok Equivalent to setItemBold(This, Item, []) . setItemBold(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer(), Options::[Option]) -> ok Types Option = {bold, bool()} See external documentation . setItemData(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer(), Data::term()) -> ok See external documentation . setItemDropHighlight(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> ok Equivalent to setItemDropHighlight(This, Item, []) . setItemDropHighlight(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer(), Options::[Option]) -> ok Types Option = {highlight, bool()} See external documentation . setItemFont(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer(), Font::wxFont() (see module wxFont)) -> ok See external documentation . setItemHasChildren(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> ok Equivalent to setItemHasChildren(This, Item, []) . setItemHasChildren(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer(), Options::[Option]) -> ok Types Option = {has, bool()} See external documentation . setItemImage(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer(), Image::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . setItemImage(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer(), Image::integer(), Options::[Option]) -> ok Types Option = {which, WxTreeItemIcon} WxTreeItemIcon = integer() See external documentation . WxTreeItemIcon is one of ?wxTreeItemIcon_Normal | ?wxTreeItemIcon_Selected | ?wxTreeItemIcon_Expanded | ?wxTreeItemIcon_SelectedEx- panded | ?wxTreeItemIcon_Max setItemText(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer(), Text::string()) -> ok See external documentation . setItemTextColour(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer(), Col::colour() (see module wx)) -> ok See external documentation . setStateImageList(This::wxTreeCtrl(), ImageList::wxImageList() (see module wxImageList)) -> ok See external documentation . setWindowStyle(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Styles::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . sortChildren(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . toggle(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . toggleItemSelection(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . unselect(This::wxTreeCtrl()) -> ok See external documentation . unselectAll(This::wxTreeCtrl()) -> ok See external documentation . unselectItem(This::wxTreeCtrl(), Item::integer()) -> ok See external documentation . destroy(This::wxTreeCtrl()) -> ok Destroys this object, do not use object again AUTHORS
<> wxErlang 0.98.9 wxTreeCtrl(3erl)