Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Delay mounting of home directory? Post 303012531 by os2mac on Monday 5th of February 2018 02:21:47 PM
Old 02-05-2018
I believe your issue is mount order. normally nfs is mounted prior to zfs. if you want to create mountpoints to zfs file systems you have to set mountpoint=legacy. and that will force the zfs mount functions to perform like nfs on boot and boot so they are available when you try to mount them as NFS mount sources.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

mounting a directory to a windows 2000 shared folder

until recently I've been using the following command successfully: mount -t smbfs -o username=my_user_name,password=password /home/temp/ //oldserver/openexchange To connect to a Win2000 shared folder called openexchange on a machine called //oldserver. But as from today, I've been getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cw1972
2 Replies

2. SCO

/data directory not mounting

Dear sir, In my SCO unix system while running an isql because of the size of the files created the ./data directory become full and now I cannot boot the system in normal mode. I am botting the machine in single user mode but i cannot delete the files from /data directory cos it is not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khelen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

home directory

Hi what is the difference between the directory named /home and the user's home directory? can anyone plz reply? really confuse about it!!!!!!!! thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia3100
1 Replies

4. Slackware

mounting new directory

hi I installed slackware. How can I mount new partition I edit etc/fstab and add new mount point("back") What should I do next? When I perfom: mount /back it doesnt work. (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
16 Replies

5. SuSE

home directory is not mounting

Our home directory is not mounting in SUSE 10, can you please help me in this regard. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mounting a directory using nfs version4

Hi, I would like to know how can we mount a directory using nfs v4 ? When I use the below command, I am not sure what nfs version am using to mount the directory. mount -t <server_name>:<shared_directory> <shared_directory>. eg: mount -t 10.50.0.8:/home/arun/mount/share_dir... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunsriniv
7 Replies

8. AIX

Mounting a directory in a filesystem

Hi All, Recently I came to know my / root file system is getting full because of application directory /siebel/ I have one option. 1) Down the application , take full backup 2)change the filesystem ownership 2)copy the contents into that filesystem cp -pr /siebel/* /siebelfs/* 3)Inform... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thala
9 Replies

9. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies
AMZFS-SENDRECV(8)					  System Administration Commands					 AMZFS-SENDRECV(8)

NAME
amzfs-sendrecv - Amanda script to create zfs sendrecv DESCRIPTION
amzfs-sendrecv is an Amanda application implementing the Application API. It should not be run by users directly. It create a zfs snapshot of the filesystem and backup the snapshot with 'zfs send'. Snapshot are kept after the backup is done, this increase the disk space use on the client but it is neccesary to be able do to incremental backup. If you want only full backup, you can disable this feature by setting the KEEP-SNAPSHOT property to 'NO'. Only the restoration of the complete backup is allowed, it is impossible to restore a single file. The application is run as the amanda user, it must have many zfs priviledge: zfs allow -ldu AMANDA_USER mount,create,rename,snapshot,destroy,send,receive FILESYSTEM Some system doesn't have "zfs allow", but you can give the Amanda backup user the rights to manipulate ZFS filesystems by using the following command: usermod -P "ZFS File System Management,ZFS Storage Management" AMANDA_USER This will require that your run zfs under pfexec, set the PFEXEC property to YES. The format of the diskdevice in the disklist (DLE) must be one of: Desciption Example ---------- ------- Mountpoint /data ZFS pool name datapool ZFS filesystem datapool/database ZFS logical volume datapool/dbvol The filesystem doesn't need to be mounted. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control amzfs-sendrecv's functionality. See amanda-applications(7) for information on the Application API, application configuration. DF-PATH Path to the 'df' binary, search in $PATH by default. KEEP-SNAPSHOT If "YES" (the default), snapshot are kept after the backup, if set to "NO" then snapshot are no kept and incremental backup will fail. ZFS-PATH Path to the 'zfs' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC-PATH Path to the 'pfexec' binary, search in $PATH by default. PFEXEC If "NO" (the default), pfexec is not used, if set to "YES" then pfexec is used. EXAMPLE
In this example, a dumptype is defined to use amzfs-sendrecv application to backup a zfs filesystem. define application-tool amzfs_sendrecv { comment "amzfs-sendrecv" plugin "amzfs-sendrecv" #property "DF-PATH" "/usr/sbin/df" #property "KEEP-SNAPSHOT" "YES" #property "ZFS-PATH" "/usr/sbin/zfs" #property "PFEXEC-PATH" "/usr/sbin/pfexec" #property "PFEXEC" "NO" } define dumptype user-zfs-sendrecv { program "APPLICATAION" application "amzfs_sendrecv" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-applications(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHOR
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMZFS-SENDRECV(8)