Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Multi Dimensional array
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multi Dimensional array Post 303012297 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 1st of February 2018 09:52:21 PM
Old 02-01-2018
Thanks for that, I can't help thinking that the bash 3.2.57(1) result is a bug.

It works fine and returns B in 4.4.12(1). Does a assignment also fail with the same error in 3.2.57(1)?

Code:
arr[arr2[abc-1]]="TEST"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can there be multi-dimensional variable arrays in borne shell?

Hello - I've serached the web but can't find much on array script variables (except that C-shell variables are arrays!) I'm trying to form a 2-D string array: (this is what I want, but in java) String list = { {"one", "two"}, {"three"} }; I know this is a 1-D string array shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jparker
4 Replies

2. Programming

Multi-Dimensional Arrays

So, I'm fooling around with multi demtional arrays, and I made this in a short amount of time: #include <stdio.h> main(int argc, char *argv) { char blah = { {'a', 'b'}, {'b', 'a'} }; int i = 0; while (i < 2) { if (argv == blah) printf("%c\n", blah); i++; } } The goal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Octal
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi Dimensional array in KSH

Is there any way to use multi dim. array in KSH ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sinpeak
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating Pick multi dimensional data with awk.

Hi. I am reasonably new to awk, but have done quite a lot of unix scripting in the past. I have resolved the issues below with unix scripting but it runs like a dog. Moved to awk for speed and functionality but running up a big learning curve in a hurry, so hope there is some help here. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike.strategis
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: how can I delete empty/NULL elements from a multi-dimensional array.

Hi all I have a file that i'm running and exec(cat ./dat) against..and putting its contents into any array, then doing an exploding the array into a multi-dimension array... The 15 multi-dimensional arrays have elements that are null/empty, I would like to remove/unset these elements and then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeekblack
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: Search Multi-Dimensional(nested) array and export values of currenly worked on array.

Hi All, I'm writing a nagios check that will see if our ldap servers are in sync... I got the status data into a nested array, I would like to search key of each array and if "OK" is NOT present, echo other key=>values in the current array to a variable so...eg...let take the single array... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zeekblack
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match elements in an AWK multi-dimensional array

Hello, I have two files in the following format; file1: A B C D E F G H I J K L file2: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 I have read them both in to multi-dimensional arrays. I need a file that has column 2 of the first file printed out for each column 3 of the second file ie... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cold_Que
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting multi dimensional array

Hi there, Can someone let me know how to sort the 2 dimensional array below by column 1 then by column 2? 22 55 2222 2230 33 66 44 58 222 240 11 25 22 60 33 45 output: 11 25 22 55 22 60 33 45 33 66 44 58 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoeberunner
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help: stdin to multi-dimensional array

I cant get out of this while loop at the beginning of my program. Just reading from stdin one char at a time and storing it into a multi-array. Need to fix it with in two hours. #include <sys/wait.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> #include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unt_engn
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi Dimensional array in bash

Hi, I'm developing a script which contains a multi dimensional array, however for some reason the array is not iterating. When executing the script, services are listed as arguments from argument 2. Ex voice data sms. service=${@:2}; for services in $service do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
2 Replies
BASHBUG(1)						      General Commands Manual							BASHBUG(1)

NAME
bashbug - report a bug in bash SYNOPSIS
bashbug [--version] [--help] [email-address] DESCRIPTION
bashbug is a shell script to help the user compose and mail bug reports concerning bash in a standard format. bashbug invokes the editor specified by the environment variable EDITOR on a temporary copy of the bug report format outline. The user must fill in the appropriate fields and exit the editor. bashbug then mails the completed report to bug-bash@gnu.org, or email-address. If the report cannot be mailed, it is saved in the file dead.bashbug in the invoking user's home directory. The bug report format outline consists of several sections. The first section provides information about the machine, operating system, the bash version, and the compilation environment. The second section should be filled in with a description of the bug. The third sec- tion should be a description of how to reproduce the bug. The optional fourth section is for a proposed fix. Fixes are encouraged. ENVIRONMENT
bashbug will utilize the following environment variables if they exist: EDITOR Specifies the preferred editor. If EDITOR is not set, bashbug defaults to emacs. HOME Directory in which the failed bug report is saved if the mail fails. TMPDIR Directory in which to create temporary files and directories. SEE ALSO
bash(1) AUTHORS
Brian Fox, Free Software Foundation bfox@gnu.org Chet Ramey, Case Western Reserve University chet@po.cwru.edu GNU Bash-4.0 1998 July 30 BASHBUG(1)