Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Slackware Sbin/agetty loop Prevents Boot of Slackware 12.1 Fileserver Post 303012199 by hicksd8 on Wednesday 31st of January 2018 01:57:15 PM
Old 01-31-2018
So are you saying that agetty is respawning too rapidly?

What happens on the console terminal? Any error msg?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Fileserver?????????? with windows XP and unix

I'm new to this. My question is I have freebsd installed on one computer. I want to make it a file server. My main computer is windows XP. How do I make the freebsd machine in a fileserver. and so that windows xp can see it and access it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akari
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix as fileserver

Dear all, I am a windows user, am not into unix/linux at all. however, I have a new client who is asking me if unix can act as file server. i.e. my application imports files from several locations and put them in one location (on a shared folder on the server), so my application will be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KBalquis
7 Replies

3. Solaris

different between /sbin/init and /usr/sbin/init

root@test09 # ls -al /sbin/init -r-xr-xr-x 1 root sys 550000 Jun 29 2002 /sbin/init root@test09 # ls -al /usr/sbin/init -r-xr-xr-x 1 root sys 37100 Jun 29 2002 /usr/sbin/init (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userking
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fileserver in Perl via xinetd - bad XML output

Hello there, I hope I took the right forum... I never worked with Perl, but now I have to get a simple fileserver running. The goal is to deliver an XML file (it's part of a new security model in the Flashplayer, see Adobe - Developer Center : Setting up a socket policy file server for more... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: blemmo
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What type of Disk I/O takes place on a FileServer?

When you open a file on a fileserver from your client, what type of operation takes place on the server? I imagine the server's hard drive reads the file that the client has requested, and then makes it available somehow through the network share, is that accurate? Also what service on Unix/Linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Ultra 45 Boot Loop

I am trying to get an old Ultra 45 to boot and it is stuck in a loop. I cannot get anything to come up on a monitor, so when I hook up a serial connection to the TTYa interface I see the following output: @(#)OBP 4.21.2 2005/12/22 17:17 Sun Ultra 45 Workstation Clearing TLBs Loading... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madrox72
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping through grep/awk prevents file write

So, this is weird... I'm running this command: iotop -o -P -k -bt -d 5 I'd like to save the output relelvant to rsyslogd to a file, so I do this: iotop -o -P -k -bt -d 5 | grep rsyslogd >> /var/log/rsyslogd Nothing is written to the file! I can write the full output to the file: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inotifywait restart script prevents reboot when started

Hi, maybe someone could help me optimizing this little script. It works so far, but when running, reboot does not work. If kill inotifywait reboot from shell works. I think some optimization is required here. This script starts at the end of the boot process, from an external device and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
3 Replies
smart_agetty(1) 					      Emulate agetty console						   smart_agetty(1)

NAME
smart_agetty - Emulate agetty for a non vga/framebuffer console SYNOPSIS
smart_agetty [OPTIONS] <GETTYSPEED> <GETTYDEVICE> <GETTYTERM> DESCRIPTION
smart_agetty is a wrapper script around agetty. It accepts the following options: OPTIONS
-i|-h|-L|-m|-n|-w|<options> Normal getty options. See $ man 8 agetty for more details. GETTYSPEED The speed of the getty device. GETTYDEVICE The used tty device - as listed in /dev. GETTYTERM The value to be used for the TERM environment variable. This overrides whatever init(8) may have set, and is inherited by login and the shell. DIAGNOSTICS
The following diagnostics may be issued on kmsg: Can not determine 'getty device' speed. stty speed could not autodetect the speed of the given device. unhandled stdout Autoconsole could not guess the right output console. BUGS
Please visit http://bugs.opensuse.org/ to get a guidance on how to submit bugreports. SEE ALSO
agetty(8) COPYRIGHT
2010 SuSE Linux Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany. AUTHOR
Lars Vogdt <lrupp@suse.de> 3rd Berkeley Distribution May 18th, 2010 smart_agetty(1)