Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ufsrestore on SunBlade 2500
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Ufsrestore on SunBlade 2500 Post 303011673 by hicksd8 on Monday 22nd of January 2018 10:02:37 AM
Old 01-22-2018
That's looking better. Well done!

Don't forget the obvious that, at some point, you should backup this system as a separate entity to protect all the changes you've made. You don't want to have to start again.

Also, you'll need to change the node name if it's going to sit on the same subnet as the original, and configure the network interface (for real this time). Is the network interface card the same as the original? e.g. bge0 or whatever?

But, yes, you can create slices and ufsrestore the other filesystems one at a time remembering to keep vfstab up to date so that the system can find them at boot time.
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux Benchmarks

AMD 2500 / 1G RAM / Soyo KT600 Ultra MB

System Notes: CPU/Speed: AMD Athlon 2500+ 1.8Ghz Ram: 1 GB DDR 333 PC2700 Motherboard: Soyo KT600 Dragon Ultra Bus: PCI Cache: 512KB (corrected earlier error stating 512MB!) HD Controller: EIDE Benchmarks: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Anyone has problems with new Blade 2500????

Hi guys, I am a new member here. This is my first post. I try to purchase some new Blade 2500 for the company. However, the vendor suggests me to get Blade 2000 instead. The vendor said he has many problems with new Silver Blade 2500's. Has anyone here had simlar experience with blade 2500?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: facaizhu
4 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SB2000, 2500 server client convert

Hi, Sir, I have a customer who use a SB2000 as server and just upgraded three client machine with SB2500. The system is used for planning and all boxes likely share the same source on server, so pretty slow when all machines are in operation. The customer wish to do a server-to-client and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: howhowzz
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sunblade 1000

Hi everyone this is my first post I have used linux a couple of times and was impressed, so i bought an old sunblade 1000, just to learn something new. I cannot get the thing to work! I have tried to install solaris 10 and several types of linux. I am beginning to wonder if i was sold a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kawakaze
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Now Over 2500 FB Fans for Our New Timeline

Progress! 25% there on our way 10,000 FB fans on the new timeline: https://www.unix.com/members/neo-albums-forum-pics-picture503-facebook-timeline-now-over-2-500-fans.png (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

6. Hardware

StorageTek 2500

Hi, I recently got StoragaTek 2500 and I would like to connect it to my solaris machine, since I don't have much experience with storages, could someone point me how to do so, how can i present disks from storage on my solaris os? (everything is already connected) thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sprehodec
1 Replies

7. BSD

Installing OpenBSD for Xorg on Sunblade 2500

Hello All, I am new to the forum so forgive me for any mistakes. I have a question. I have been doing alot of reading about how to get a supportable operating system on my sunblade 2500. I also want to use it for Xorg. I have been having trouble getting the sun XVR drivers working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harqobi22
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need in for a script that should check for errors in multiple log file (approx 2500) and should mail

hello everyone, I am new to linux and got this deliverable to write a script that should check for error in multiple log file (count is approx 2500 log files on single server) and once error is found, it should mail that error My logic says: we can put all log files path/location in one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik_CTS
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Cloning a Sunblade 2500

Good Morning, I took a mirror drive from one Solaris 9 machine and used it to set up another. After syncing another mirror on the second machine I restarted but I don't get a login screen. I see a message:The X-server cannot be started on display :0 Also during startup I see:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
8 Replies
ifconfig(8c)															      ifconfig(8c)

Name
       ifconfig - configure network interface parameters

Syntax
       /etc/ifconfig interface [ address [ dest_address ] ] [ parameters ]

Description
       The  command assigns an address to a network interface and/or configures network interface parameters.  You must use at boot time to define
       the network address of each interface present on a machine. You can also use it at a later time to redefine an  interface's  address.   The
       interface parameter is a string of the form: name, unit, for example, en0.  The address is either a host name present in the host name data
       base, or a DARPA Internet address expressed in the Internet standard dot notation.

Arguments
       You can set the following parameters with

up	 Marks an interface up.

down	 Marks an interface down.  When an interface is marked down, the system does not attempt to transmit messages through that  inter-
		 face.

trailers  Enables  the  use of a trailer link level encapsulation when sending.	If a network interface supports trailers, the system, when
		 possible, encapsulates outgoing messages in a manner that minimizes the number of memory-to-memory copy operations  performed	by
		 the receiver.
		 Although trailers is the default on some network interfaces, the use of trailers is not recommended; failures in trailer negotia-
		 tion can disrupt network transmissions.  See -trailers.

-trailers Disables the use of a trailer link level encapsulation.  This is the recommended setting.

promisc	 Enables the use of the in the promiscuous mode. The promiscuous mode allows the network interface to receive all the packets  off
		 the wire and pass it onto to the packet filter.

-promisc  Disables the promiscuous mode of the packet filter. This is the default.

+copyall  Sets  the interface into copy-all mode (receives packets sent/received by the kernel-resident protocol software [for example, IP,
		 ARP, DECnet, LAT] on this host).

-copyall  Disables copy-all mode. (See for more information aboutut the flag.)

arp	 Enables the use of the Address Resolution Protocol in mapping between network level addresses and link level addresses.  This	is
		 the default.  This is currently implemented for mapping between DARPA Internet addresses and 10Mb/s Ethernet addresses.

-arp	 Disables the use of the Address Resolution Protocol.

debug	 Enables driver-dependent debugging code. Usually, this turns on extra console error logging.

-debug	 Disables driver dependent debugging code.

netmask	 Specifies  how  many  bits  of  the  address you wish to reserve for subdividing Class A and B networks into sub-networks.  (Inet
		 only).

dstaddr	 Specifies the correspondent on the other end of a point to point link.

broadcast Specifies the address you wish to use to represent broadcasts to the network.

The command displays the current configuration for a network interface when no optional parameters are supplied.

Only the superuser can modify the configuration of a network interface.

Diagnostics
       The command returns messages indicating the specified interface does not exist, the requested address is unknown, the user tried  to  alter
       an interface's configuration but is not privileged.

See Also
       netstat(1), intro(4n), packetfilter(4), MAKEDEV(8), pfconfig(8c), pfstat(8), rc(8)

ifconfig(8c)