Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Telnet failed to localhost.
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Telnet failed to localhost. Post 303011633 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 21st of January 2018 06:12:00 AM
Old 01-21-2018
You could try using netcat (or nc) instead with the -u option:
Code:
if nc -u localhost. 514 2>/dev/null <<< $'\n'; then
  echo udp port open
else
  echo udp port closed
fi

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 01-21-2018 at 08:07 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

apache@localhost.localdomain

Hello, I am ltrying to find the config file to modify a parameter for apache (I guess). Here, when sending mail using php web form I get a copy of all mail sent from that form, but here is a sample of what I get : From : apache@localhost.localdomain To : myemail@host.com Subject : Mail ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qfwfq
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

localhost problem!

hello guys, this morning when I start my pc (gentoo) I get some strange errors about localhost. "Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName" ... Apache the same for my aplications, I have to use the full address of my pc instead of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: georgeplus
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

fail to telnet localhost 106

Hi folks, Ubuntu 7.04 server amd64 On running; $ telnet localhost 106 Trying 127.0.0.1... telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused $ netstat -an | grep 106 $ sudo netstat -an | grep 106 both no printout Pls advise where shall I check and how to fix... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
22 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webpage to Telnet via Perl and Expect: Telnet problem?

Somewhat long story: I have a simple Perl CGI script that uses Expect to Telnet to a device and grab some data, and then spits it back to Perl for display on the Webpage. This works for many devices I've tried, but one device just fails, it keeps rejecting the password on this device, only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondo
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't Open Display localhost:0.0

I'm trying to connect to my linux server but I'm having some major problems. The server had OEL 5 installed and my local pc is running Windows XP. I'm using PuTTy to connect to the server with Xming running on my loacl machine. I login as root and run the following command - export... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethnsolomons
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DIG uses localhost

Hi, I have these entries in the /etc/esolv.conf: ------------ domain xxxxxx search yyyyyy nameserver 127.0.0.1 nameserver aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa nameserver bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb ------------- When I use 'dig' or 'nslookup' command, like 'dig yahoo.com' it uses the localhost as the server. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Timeout: No Response from localhost

Hi All! I having an issue when trying to run snmpwalk, so the following command it returns an error: bash-3.00# /usr/sfw/bin/snmpwalk -v 2c -c public localhost sysDescr.0 Timeout: No Response from localhost bash-3.00# I have checked also: bash-3.00# svcs -a | grep sma online ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

8. Debian

Waiting for localhost.

I am getting the message - waiting for localhost. Here are some diagnostic steps I have tried .... root@meow:/home/ethan# cat /var/www/cgi-bin/httpd.conf ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/jkj ServerName 127.0.0.1:80 Listen xx.xx.xx.xx:80 Listen 127.0.0.1:80 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meow613
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot find localhost

I get a "not found" error from this localhost/choice.php ethan@meow:~$ ping 127.0.0.1 PING 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.025 ms 64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.036 m and this ethan@meow:~$ mysql -u... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tcl / expect need to attempt telnet if failed ssh

Morning and Happy New Year to all. I am in a situation where I need to connect to a list of devices that are using either telnet or ssh. I want to try to telnet, if I receive any of the following I want to attempt ssh : "Connection refused" "Connection timed out" timeout expiration ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
3 Replies
STOMP_SET_READ_TIMEOUT(3)						 1						 STOMP_SET_READ_TIMEOUT(3)

Stomp::setReadTimeout - Sets read timeout

Object oriented style (method):

SYNOPSIS
public void Stomp::setReadTimeout (int $seconds, [int $microseconds]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style: void stomp_set_read_timeout (resource $link, int $seconds, [int $microseconds]) Sets read timeout. PARAMETERS
o $link -Procedural style only: The stomp link identifier returned by stomp_connect(3). o $seconds - The seconds part of the timeout to be set. o $microseconds - The microseconds part of the timeout to be set. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php /* connection */ try { $stomp = new Stomp('tcp://localhost:61613'); } catch(StompException $e) { die('Connection failed: ' . $e->getMessage()); } $stomp->setReadTimeout(10); /* close connection */ unset($stomp); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php /* connection */ $link = stomp_connect('ssl://localhost:61612'); /* check connection */ if (!$link) { die('Connection failed: ' . stomp_connect_error()); } stomp_set_read_timeout($link, 10); /* close connection */ stomp_close($link); ?> PHP Documentation Group STOMP_SET_READ_TIMEOUT(3)