Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Local installation of package in Red Hat / Fedora Linux Post 303011489 by krbattu on Thursday 18th of January 2018 10:53:49 PM
Old 01-18-2018
Tools Local installation of package in Red Hat / Fedora Linux

Hi all,

I have a requirement to install rpm package(*noarch.rpm) in local to a directory, ex /tmp/mydir.

which steps I need to follow to install rpm package local to the directory only, not to the default directories.

Please share me the link if the topic is already discussed. I tried few forums, couldnt get right direction.

Thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

red hat linux installation boot floppy disk

Hi, My dear friends, I am trying to install red hat linux. I have downloaded its disc1. On the instructions page, the next stage is to make the boot disk, so that I can boot from the floppy. However, I am unable to locate the boot image iso file. I tried on google, but I got a few files which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxpenguin
3 Replies

2. Linux

Installation Problem on Red hat linux 9

Hi, I am trying to install our new acquired Red Hat linux 9 on Compaq Proliant ML370. However, l has already configured the raid 0+1. The linux installation starts from the CD, its allows for the selection of Language, keyboard but l am stocked at choosing the installation package media. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem Red Hat 9 Installation

I have a problem with a red hat 9 install on a compaq laptop. I installed the OS and everything tests ok but It boots to a blank screen instead of the GUI login I wanted. What can I do to correct this instead of installing all over. I tried the rescue option several times and tried to run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedder191
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

The Red Hat Cluster Manager Installation and

Linux RedHat Cluster Manager InstallationAdministrationGuide (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
0 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Does Red Hat Fedora support Nvidia card 8800GTX and 260 card?

Does Red Hat Fedora support Nvidia card 8800GTX and 260 card? Does any Linux OS support Nvidia card? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sito
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Installation of Red Hat enterprise edition?

HI All I am new to lunix operating system.I Wnt to move to Lunix.So would u pepole please tell me the documentatiion for installation os lunix on my personal computer Thamnks&Regards, I.venu. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: infovenu231
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

download package for red hat linux 5

I try to do virtual guest in red hat linux 5. But I have no red hat netowrk account . I want to download below package xen kernel-xen package So, where I can get them ?? Any advice ??? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
9 Replies

8. Red Hat

Fedora or Red Hat Man Pages

Is there a website that has either the Fedora or Red Hat Man Pages? Something similar to this with Ubuntu? Ubuntu Manpage: Welcome (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Does Red hat linux 9 has audit rpm package?

Dear All I have a old system run in Red hat Linux 9.. And if it's possible, I want to install the audit rpm package in the Red hat Linux 9. But I can't find the audit-*.rpm file in the Red hat Linux 9's CD..? Can any help me to conform Red hat Linux 9 doesn't support audit? Any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Red Hat 6 yum install no package availiable

I have installed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1 server, it is registered but not subscribed. If I install using yum every time it is showing that no package available, how to resolve it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ainstin
2 Replies
RPMKEYS(8)						      System Manager's Manual							RPMKEYS(8)

NAME
rpmkeys - RPM Keyring SYNOPSIS
rpmkeys {--import|--checksig} DESCRIPTION
The general forms of rpm digital signature commands are rpmkeys --import PUBKEY ... rpmkeys {-K|--checksig} PACKAGE_FILE ... The --checksig option checks all the digests and signatures contained in PACKAGE_FILE to ensure the integrity and origin of the package. Note that signatures are now verified whenever a package is read, and --checksig is useful to verify all of the digests and signatures associated with a package. Digital signatures cannot be verified without a public key. An ASCII armored public key can be added to the rpm database using --import. An imported public key is carried in a header, and key ring management is performed exactly like package management. For example, all cur- rently imported public keys can be displayed by: rpm -qa gpg-pubkey* Details about a specific public key, when imported, can be displayed by querying. Here's information about the Red Hat GPG/DSA key: rpm -qi gpg-pubkey-db42a60e Finally, public keys can be erased after importing just like packages. Here's how to remove the Red Hat GPG/DSA key rpm -e gpg-pubkey-db42a60e SEE ALSO
popt(3), rpm(8), rpmdb(8), rpmsign(8), rpm2cpio(8), rpmbuild(8), rpmspec(8), rpmkeys --help - as rpm supports customizing the options via popt aliases it's impossible to guarantee that what's described in the manual matches what's available. http://www.rpm.org/ <URL:http://www.rpm.org/> AUTHORS
Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com> Jeff Johnson <jbj@redhat.com> Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@redhat.com> Red Hat, Inc 29 October 2010 RPMKEYS(8)