Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Trying to create ZFS slice on rpool Post 303011299 by kebabbert on Tuesday 16th of January 2018 09:58:48 AM
Old 01-16-2018
Thanx, you are the man, Jilliagre! Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to create metadb when there is no free slice

Hi All, I have to do disk mirroring, for that I have to create a metadb as disk mirroring have to do with SVM. However I do not have any slice free for metadb. What are the options? Please suggest (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

2. Solaris

ZFS - whole disk Vs slice

we have a ZFS file system that was created as a pool of just one disk (raid on a SAN) when this was created it was done as a whole disk, and so EFI label. now we want to mount this file system into an LDOM. my understanding of how ldom's and disk works this is that we can only do this as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robsonde
1 Replies

3. Solaris

ZFS rpool physical disk move

I'd like to finish setting up this system and then move the secondary or primary disk to another system that is the exact same hardware. I've done things like this in the past with ufs and disk suite mirroring just fine. But I have yet to do it with a zfs root pool mirror. Are there any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Metasin
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Splitting rpool mirror disk in ZFS

Hi, I have Solaris-10 (release-7) box without any non global zone. I have a very critical change after couple of days from application side. For safer side, we want to keep few level of backups just in case of faliure. This server is having three pool root@prod_ddoa01:/# zpool list NAME SIZE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Create rpool manually

Hi All; My server's root partition was encapsulated with VxVM, I try to convert it to ZFS. I successfully de-encapsulated root. Now I try to mirror 2 root disks using ZFS. But I receive following error: # zpool create rpool mirror c0t0d0s0 c0t1d0s0 invalid vdev specification use '-f' to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reseki
6 Replies

6. Solaris

ZFS Slice disk

Hi, How to to make a slice and define as ufs from zpool? Please advice me. Thanks. ---------- Post updated at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:24 AM ---------- Before slice: Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Zfs rpool size

Hi everyone, I am doing housekeeping of my Solaris 11 for zfs snapshot to reduce the snapshot size. I have already cleared the / file system, however the rpool size still not reduced. Filesystem Size Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris-2 98G 6.9G ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freshmeat
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Need help to understand zfs rpool space allocation

Hi, I am unable to understand that, in one of my servers while df -kh Filesystem Size Used Available Capacity Mounted on rpool/ROOT/solaris-2 98G 11G 29G 29% / Even the Root FS filled on 40gb and system becomes unstable. it is showing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies

9. Solaris

ZFS: /system/zones "respawning" on rpool

Hi, I have this fresh installation of Solaris 11.3 sparc. I have two zfs pools both using two disks in mirroring mode, both are online. I want to move /system/zones, currently rpool/VARSHARE/zones, from rpool to the other zfs pool so my zones don't consume space on the disks allocated to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: X96
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)						     Debhelper						     DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)

NAME
dh_installmanpages - old-style man page installer (deprecated) SYNOPSIS
dh_installmanpages [debhelperoptions] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installmanpages is a debhelper program that is responsible for automatically installing man pages into usr/share/man/ in package build directories. This is a DWIM-style program, with an interface unlike the rest of debhelper. It is deprecated, and you are encouraged to use dh_installman(1) instead. dh_installmanpages scans the current directory and all subdirectories for filenames that look like man pages. (Note that only real files are looked at; symlinks are ignored.) It uses file(1) to verify that the files are in the correct format. Then, based on the files' extensions, it installs them into the correct man directory. All filenames specified as parameters will be skipped by dh_installmanpages. This is useful if by default it installs some man pages that you do not want to be installed. After the man page installation step, dh_installmanpages will check to see if any of the man pages are .so links. If so, it changes them to symlinks. OPTIONS
file ... Do not install these files as man pages, even if they look like valid man pages. BUGS
dh_installmanpages will install the man pages it finds into all packages you tell it to act on, since it can't tell what package the man pages belong in. This is almost never what you really want (use -p to work around this, or use the much better dh_installman(1) program instead). Files ending in .man will be ignored. Files specified as parameters that contain spaces in their filenames will not be processed properly. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2011-09-12 DH_INSTALLMANPAGES(1)