Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Run only 3 sqlplus session at a time Post 303010852 by MadeInGermany on Monday 8th of January 2018 01:44:55 PM
Old 01-08-2018
The wait waits for all jobs to finish.
If your jobs have a different run time and you want to keep the running jobs near the allowed maximum, then count them with the jobs command
Code:
parallel=3
while read name
do
  echo "running $name"
  ( 
    sqlplus ...
  ) &
  while [ `jobs | wc -l` -ge $parallel ]; do  sleep 2; done
done < abc.txt

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting session time

Please lemme know how & where to set the session time for ftp connection in Wu-ftp . Regards Gambhi. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gambhi_s
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Session time out

Hi, We have a generic login id :- ship1 . There can be any number of sessions for this login ID. I'm working on a way to log off idle sessions ( not logins) . I searched the forum and found TMOUT. Is it at login level or session level ? ( looks like it is at login level) But I added it to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoxinu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sqlplus session being able to see unix variables session within a script

Hi there. How do I make the DB connection see the parameter variables passed to the unix script ? The code snippet below isn't working properly. sqlplus << EOF user1@db1/pass1 BEGIN PACKAGE1.perform_updates($1,$2,$3); END; EOF Thanks in advance, Abrahao. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 435 Gavea
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible..when ftp session disconnect and it can automatic run again?

Hi, Is is possible when ftp script disconnect by remote server and it can restart to tranfer (such as restart in 10 mins, etc)? Please help!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: happyv
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run who am i from remote session

I just moved from AIX 4 to AIX 5.3. the command `who am i` is essential to our logon scripts; but it does not work anymore, it says the process is not attached to a terminal. Is it possible to run this command remotely? It works for remote root sessions. If it is not is there another way to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xserver connect and run CDE session from Windows PC

Hope someone can help. I have 5 Unix Tru64 ver 4.0/5.1B, boxes and I'm trying to connect and run CDE session from my PC. I have tried using Reflections, and Xming with no luck. Can someone tell me what exactly needs to be running on the Tru64 boxes in order for this to work. Along with what or how... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Troberts50
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a command as soon as user exits from session

I need to write a script, where I have to get names of files that are to be deleted from a user and have to delete those files when he exits session. How to set a particular command to be run as soon as user exits from a session? Can somebody help? I have to write a script on linux system.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashashri
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run scripts within a telnet session?

I want to connect to a remote host using telnet there is no username/password verification just telnet remotehost then I need to input some commands for initialization and then I need to repeat the following commands: cmd argument argument is read from a local file, in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esolve
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to track what Commands run in a login session

Hi I need to track what commands run in login session in solaris whether it is root or any normal users in bash shell. My actual requirement is that when a user (nomal/root) login into the system, whatever commands he run, it should log into file on specified path . I don't require command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hb00
4 Replies
queuedefs(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - Queue description file for at, batch, and cron commands DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron or specifies other characteristics for cron. Each noncom- ment line in this file describes either one queue or a cron characteristic. Each uncommented line should be in one of the following for- mats. q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] max_jobs=mjobs log=lcode The fields in these lines are as follows: The name of the queue. Defined queues are as follows: The default queue for jobs started by at The default queue for jobs started by batch The default queue for jobs run from a crontab file Queues d to z are also available for local use. The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in the queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run. The others will be initiated as currently running jobs ter- minate. The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in the queue that are not run with a user ID of superuser. The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing (max_jobs) has been reached. The maximum number of active jobs from all queues that may run at any one time. The default is 25 jobs. Logging level of messages sent to a log file. The default is 4. Defined levels are as follows: level-code level 0 None 1 Low 2 Medium 3 High 4 Full Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following file specifies that the b queue, for batch jobs, can have up to 50 jobs running simultaneously; that those jobs will be run with a nice value of 20. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. b.50j20n60w The following file specifies that a total of 25 active jobs will be allowed by cron over all the queues at any one time, and cron will log all messages to the log file. The last two lines are comments that are ignored. max_jobs=25 log=4 # This is a comment # And so is this FILES
Main cron directory The default location for the queue description file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: at(1), cron(8), crontab(1), nice(1) delim off queuedefs(4)