Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Issue with wildcard in filename (AIX 7.1.0.0) Post 303010771 by Don Cragun on Saturday 6th of January 2018 02:59:35 PM
Old 01-06-2018
In addition to what Scrutinizer already asked...

What command (exactly) did you use to set the the variable yyyymm?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find wildcard .shtml files in wildcard directories and removing them- How's it done?

I'm trying to figure out how to build a small shell script that will find old .shtml files in every /tgp/ directory on the server and delete them if they are older than 10 days... The structure of the paths are like this: /home/domains/www.domain2.com/tgp/ /home/domains/www.domain3.com/tgp/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neko
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX Routing Issue

Hello, I've moved to a new network with multiple AIX box's. Most of them are working fine and dandy. On one box I need to set up a static route to a gateway.. no problem right? Whenever I add the route it appears in the routing table as UGc and then begins adding new entries to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joshstar14
1 Replies

3. AIX

Performance issue in AIX 5.3

Is there is any way to increase the CPU utilization of a Embedded SQL program in AIX 5.3 .. for performance purpose. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gyanendra Awast
0 Replies

4. AIX

Issue "Error 404" when upgrade AIX 5300-05-CSP-0000 to AIX (5300-09-02-0849)

Please read my issue! My old server using: - AIX system operating (5300-05-CSP-0000) - WebSphere 6.1.0.21 (Fix Pack 21) After I've upgraded version AIX - AIX system operating (5300-09-02-0849) - WebSphere 6.1.0.21 (Fix Pack 21) I have 1 issue when I access home page: "Error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gamonhon
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep pipe filename print issue

uname -a SunOS mypc 5.10 Generic_141414-07 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T2000 uname -a SunOS mypc 5.10 Generic_144488-07 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220 find . -name "*.cer" -exec keytool -v -list -printcert -file {} \; | grep -i "Aug 03" Valid from: Mon Jan 29 00:00:00 GMT... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
16 Replies

6. AIX

GIT issue in AIX 6.1

Hello, I recently installed GIT 1.8.1 on my AIX 6.1 machine referring to AIX Open Source Packages | Main / git website and am facing a few issues with it. Now if I login as root and issue git commands like git --version I get the response as shown : git version 1.8.1And I have tried creating... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaugeta
4 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Waiting for wildcard filename to exists in while loop

Hi Experts, We are developing a script which will wait for the trigger file(with datetime in the trigger file name). But the problem is when I use 'while' loop to wait for the file, it waits for the filename with wilcard in it that is wait for 'Trigger*.done' file. :eek: Below is the script ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is "stat: illegal option -- -" an issue with hyphenated filename or flag problem?

Hi. I'm trying to install VMWare Workstation to run a virtual machine on my Mac OS, but running the bundle from bash(xterm) sh VMware-workstation-Full-11.0.0-2305329.x86_64.bundle (as suggested in install guide) comes up with error:stat: illegal option -- - usage: stat Digging... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: defeated
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue when printing filename through cygwin using a variable with awk

Hi, If i were to do this an print out the file, it will show as it is in the command $ awk '/Privilege Use/ {P=0} /Object Access/ {P=1} P' AdvancedAudit.txt Object Access File System No Auditing Registry No Auditing Kernel... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List filename of files only inside a directory (non-recurrsive) on AIX

I wish to list only files along with the absolute path in a given directory on my AiX 6.1 system. Below is the best I could do. ls -p "/app/scripts"/* This gives a a list of all filename along with folder names with absolute path non-recurrsive (without listing files in sub-directories)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
INSTALL-MH(8)							     [nmh-1.5]							     INSTALL-MH(8)

NAME
install-mh - initialize the nmh environment SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/mh/install-mh [-auto] [-check] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Install-mh is the nmh program to create the initial setup for a first-time nmh user. Install-mh lives in two places for historical rea- sons. The -auto option does things as automatically as possible and makes install-mh less chatty. The user is asked for the name of the directory that will be designated as the user's nmh directory. If this directory does not exist, the user is asked if it should be created. Normally, this directory should be under the user's home directory, and has the default name of ``Mail''. Install-mh writes an initial .mh_profile for the user. As with all nmh commands, install-mh first checks for the existence of the $MH environment variable since that gives the profile path if set. If it isn't set, the $HOME environment variable is consulted to determine the user's home directory. If $HOME is not set, then the /etc/passwd file is consulted. When creating the users initial .mh_profile, install-mh will check for the existence of a global profile /etc/nmh/mh.profile. If found, this will be used to initialize the new .mh_profile. The -check option can be used to check whether or not nmh has been installed. This can be used by other programs to determine whether or not nmh has been installed without their having to know the internals of nmh. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile /etc/nmh/mh.profile Used to initialize user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To set the user's nmh directory CONTEXT
With -auto, the current folder is changed to "inbox". MH.6.8 11 June 2012 INSTALL-MH(8)