Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Parallel execution of Oracle procedure in UNIX Post 303010537 by ATWC on Tuesday 2nd of January 2018 07:10:41 PM
Old 01-02-2018
Parallel execution of Oracle procedure in UNIX

i have say x number of procedure to run, ie i have one procedure which accepts variable and i need that to run in parallel and capture the error code if in case if it fails through the unix.

Code:
sqlplus <EOF> exec test_t (abc,124); </EOF>
sqlplus <EOF> exec test_t (abc,125); </EOF>
sqlplus <EOF> exec test_t (abc,123); </EOF>

I want all these to run parallelly and capture the error if any1 fails. Is there any possible way to do the same in unix.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment
Please wrap all code, files, data, input & output/errors in CODE tags.
It makes it easier to read and preserves spacing for indenting or fixed-width data.

Last edited by rbatte1; 01-03-2018 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calling Oracle procedure from Unix

Does anyone know how to call an Oracle stored procedure from a Unix script? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters form unix to Oracle procedure

Hi, I have screen which was desined in PL/SQL Catridges in apps. In that screen some enterable fields these values r the passing parameters to create value sets, functions, menus etc in apps by using front end screens. Now in that screen i have a button. when i click that button it have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasekharamy
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling an Oracle Stored Procedure from Unix shell script

hai, can anybody say how to call or to execute an oracle stored procedure in oracle from unix... thanks in advance.... for ur reply.... by, leo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leojhose
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking Oracle stored procedure in unix shell script

Here's a shell script snippet..... cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin Retval=`sqlplus -s <<eof $TPDB_USER/april@$TPD_DBCONN whenever SQLERROR exit 2 rollback whenever OSERROR exit 3 rollback set serveroutput on set pages 999 var status_desc char(200) var status_code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hidnana
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass the values to unix shell from the oracle stored procedure.

Hi i am calling a stored procedure from unix shell like this call test_proc('0002','20100218'); the stored procedure was giving output like this dbms_output.put_line(' processed earlier'); i want to see the output in the unix shell where i called. Thanks barani (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call oracle stored procedure from unix shell

Hi i want to call a oracle stored procedure from unix (using bash shell). consider this is my oracle stored procedure with parameter create procedure testproc(name IN varchar, age IN Number, id OUT Number ) AS begin id=1; dbms_output.put.line('successfull validation') end;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

run oracle procedure in unix scripts

for j in $(du -h $1| awk '{printf("%100-s \n",$2)}') do for a in $(ls -time $(find $j -name '*.txt') | awk '{printf("\n%s %s %s %s %s",$4,$7,$8,$10,$11)}') do echo "$a">output.txt done done exit 0 echo "Password : xxxxxx " > LOG/BGH_$3.out (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: utoptas
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run Oracle stored procedure from UNIX env

Hi Everyone, I want to create a script where i need to run the oracle stored procedure from unix script and get the output(sequence number ) into a variable which i will pass in my datastage job. Below is my stored procedure:- DECLARE P_TRANSTYPE VARCHAR2(20); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
4 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Parallel execution on multiple servers in UNIX

I have a requirement (in a shell script) to connect to several servers at once and execute a series of commands. I am aware that ssh can be used for sequential execution. But since most of the commands that I need to execute take a long time, I have to go for the parallel option. Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sneha1887
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel execution of Oracle PROC in UNIX

Hi, Trying to run the Oracle Proc in parallel, but not working.. below code runs each call of the procedure and its coming out of the loop before its completion and printing the last statement! not waiting for the sqlplus to complete. for name in `cat abc.txt` do (sqlplus -s ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ATWC
3 Replies
exec(1) 							   User Commands							   exec(1)

NAME
exec, eval, source - shell built-in functions to execute other commands SYNOPSIS
sh exec [argument...] eval [argument...] csh exec command eval argument... source [-h] name ksh *exec [arg...] *eval [arg...] DESCRIPTION
sh The exec command specified by the arguments is executed in place of this shell without creating a new process. Input/output arguments may appear and, if no other arguments are given, cause the shell input/output to be modified. The arguments to the eval built-in are read as input to the shell and the resulting command(s) executed. csh exec executes command in place of the current shell, which terminates. eval reads its arguments as input to the shell and executes the resulting command(s). This is usually used to execute commands generated as the result of command or variable substitution. source reads commands from name. source commands may be nested, but if they are nested too deeply the shell may run out of file descrip- tors. An error in a sourced file at any level terminates all nested source commands. -h Place commands from the file name on the history list without executing them. ksh With the exec built-in, if arg is given, the command specified by the arguments is executed in place of this shell without creating a new process. Input/output arguments may appear and affect the current process. If no arguments are given the effect of this command is to mod- ify file descriptors as prescribed by the input/output redirection list. In this case, any file descriptor numbers greater than 2 that are opened with this mechanism are closed when invoking another program. The arguments to eval are read as input to the shell and the resulting command(s) executed. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. EXIT STATUS
For ksh: If command is not found, the exit status is 127. If command is found, but is not an executable utility, the exit status is 126. If a redi- rection error occurs, the shell exits with a value in the range 1-125. Otherwise, exec returns a zero exit status. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2002 exec(1)