Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Limit number of files transferred Post 303010485 by Janarthan on Tuesday 2nd of January 2018 08:34:41 AM
Old 01-02-2018
If I use parallel then there's a chance for difference in file order sequence between the source and destination path. since, its running parallely

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

limit to number of files in a given directory

Everyone, We are on a unix AIX 4.3 platform and our application is written as such that all configuration files must reside in a specific directory. Currently there are over 10,000 files in this directory (and growing at about 300 per month). My question is is there a physical limit to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedrict
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to know number files transferred

Hi, I am transferring files from our local server to remote server using FTP command in a shell script. I am using a the following code, FTPFILE="ercchk*.txt" mput $FTPFILE can any one help me out in calucalating the number of files transfered. help in this regard is highly... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: azazalis
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

limit the number of jobs to run.

i just want to get the BackGround status and limit the number of jobs to run the at a time. can i able get the back ground exit status ? that i code below. can jobs -l limit the number of jobs to run ? total is this script looks fine ? cat run_job.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Number of long limit

Hi Hi! I'm currently using AIX 5.2 and would like to know where can i find to see that there's a restriction on the number of login times a user can have. Example, I want give a 2 login per user but some one to give 3 login and some one have to give unlit login time (without logging off the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: herath
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to limit number of Commands

Is there a way that I can limit number of commands that one user can run during period of time. For example Max 10 commands per senconds.:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: winger0608
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How files can be transferred from one system to another securely using Linux?

i need to know how files can be transfered from one system to another securely in linux. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bibing
9 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

limit number of sub-dirs searched for files

using: find . -type f -print|xargs -li "string", how do I limit the dated directories (2010-7-14, 2010-7-13,etc.) to just 2009 & 2010 years of directories to search. We go back to 2004 in our archives, way too many files. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MJThom713
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limit Number of files

hi guys how can i limit number of files in a disk or partition ? or how can i make a limit to inode number for a disk or partition ? ext3 or ext4 file system (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhs
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How do files transferred via ftp or sftp gets thier permissions at destination?

We have umask defined under /etc/.login as 022. I have my user specific umask defined in /userhome/.login as 002. I understand ftp will not execute anything at destination, it simply transfers files. But it seem to be using 022 as umask for the files transferred. How does ftp knows what umask... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check whether files are transferred or not using ftp?

Hi, i want to execute a shell script which transfers files from one server to another using ftp in unix. How can i check whether the ftp is successful or not.(i.e files are transferred to destination server). because if i am checking the return code of ftp, it always shows 0 (denoting ftp is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
5 Replies
UUQ(1C) 																   UUQ(1C)

NAME
uuq - examine or manipulate the uucp queue SYNOPSIS
uuq [ -l ] [ -h ] [ -ssystem ] [ -uuser ] [ -djobno ] [ -rsdir ] [ -bbaud ] DESCRIPTION
Uuq is used to examine (and possibly delete) entries in the uucp queue. When listing jobs, uuq uses a format reminiscent of ls. For the long format, information for each job listed includes job number, number of files to transfer, user who spooled the job, number of bytes to send, type of command requested (S for sending files, R for receiving files, X for remote uucp), and file or command desired. Several options are available: -h Print only the summary lines for each system. Summary lines give system name, number of jobs for the system, and total number of bytes to send. -l Specifies a long format listing. The default is to list only the job numbers sorted across the page. -ssystem Limit output to jobs for systems whose system names begin with system. -uuser Limit output to jobs for users whose login names begin with user. -djobno Delete job number jobno (as obtained from a previous uuq command) from the uucp queue. Only the UUCP Administrator is permitted to delete jobs. -rsdir Look for files in the spooling directory sdir instead of the default directory. -bbaud Use baud to compute the transfer time instead of the default 1200 baud. FILES
/usr/spool/uucp/ Default spool directory /usr/spool/uucp/C./C.* Control files /usr/spool/uucp/Dhostname./D.* Outgoing data files /usr/spool/uucp/X./X.* Outgoing execution files SEE ALSO
uucp(1C), uux(1C), uulog(1C), uusnap(8C) BUGS
No information is available on work requested by the remote machine. The user who requests a remote uucp command is unknown. Uuq -l can be horrendously slow. AUTHOR
Lou Salkind, New York University 4.3 Berkeley Distribution April 24, 1986 UUQ(1C)