Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX full path to socket library Post 303010189 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 28th of December 2017 09:08:41 AM
Old 12-28-2017
Normally during a compilation the linker finds it if invoked with -lsocket.
But of course you can search for it
Code:
find /usr -name "libsocket.?*" -print

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting full path from relative path

given a relative path, how do i convert it into a full one. i.e. if i am in /home/polypus and i am given foo/bar then to get a full path i can just concatinate it with pwd, but what if i am given "../mama" how do i programmatically convert: /home/polypus and ../mama into ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: polypus
4 Replies

2. Programming

Using Cygwin, how do I make eclipse recognize C's Socket library?

Hi, I am trying to develop a simple program that uses Sockets. I have a windows machine and MUST use C++. I found out that I can use C's Socket (#include <sys/socket.h>) API calls, but this is only possible on a unix machine. So I installed Cygwin to imitate a unix environment on my windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wannabeTekkie
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

full path of .profile in unix

need a help, am a newbe in unix how do i locate the full path of the .profile where the environmental variable for a user is set. thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

list file with full path

This has been bugging me for a while. How can i list file to show full path. /directory/test $ ls file.tst file.tst $ desired output: /directory/test/file.tst (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandegreat25
2 Replies

5. Programming

Socket++ library problem.

Hi, My name is Daniel and I'm spanish, so I'm sorry if you can't undertand something becouse of my low-level english. Something stranger is happening to me with socket++ library and I don't know how to work on it. I has a library called commands.so and the sslclient is and object of that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lock.cda
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I get an ls -l to not show the full directory path?

Hey I'm new to the forums here, and I'm seeking help for this script that I'm writing. When I do ls -l of a directory it shows the full pathname for files in it. For example, if the directory is /internet/post/forum/ and the file is topic, it currently shows internet/post/forum/topic. What's the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unity04
3 Replies

9. AIX

Embedding Runtime Search Path into Library on AIX

My product has 2 libraries say "x & y". x depends on y. During the installation of my products package, user will be prompted for his own location to copy my product libraries. Installation will copy libraries "x & y" and create my product specific ENV variable say "MYPATH" pointing to User... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erra_krishna
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify full path in argument

I have a small script to send copies of files to another computer used for tests but in the same location:pwd=`pwd` for i in "$@" do echo "rcp -p $i comp-2:$pwd/$i" rcp -p $i comp-2:$pwd/$i echo "Finished with $i" doneIs there a way I can check the parameter to see if it is a full... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
5 Replies
SOCKET_SET_BLOCK(3)							 1						       SOCKET_SET_BLOCK(3)

socket_set_block - Sets blocking mode on a socket resource

SYNOPSIS
bool socket_set_block (resource $socket) DESCRIPTION
The socket_set_block(3) function removes the O_NONBLOCK flag on the socket specified by the $socket parameter. When an operation (e.g. receive, send, connect, accept, ...) is performed on a blocking socket, the script will pause its execution until it receives a signal or it can perform the operation. PARAMETERS
o $socket - A valid socket resource created with socket_create(3) or socket_accept(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 socket_set_block(3) example <?php $socket = socket_create_listen(1223); socket_set_block($socket); socket_accept($socket); ?> This example creates a listening socket on all interfaces on port 1223 and sets the socket to O_BLOCK mode. socket_accept(3) will hang until there is a connection to accept. SEE ALSO
socket_set_nonblock(3), socket_set_option(3). PHP Documentation Group SOCKET_SET_BLOCK(3)