Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Looking for help unzip multiple file Post 303010174 by kttan on Thursday 28th of December 2017 04:16:40 AM
Old 12-28-2017
if so , is that any code to list all file with .zip file ?
currently my situation is all single file been zip even .exe and main folder, only sub folder are not turn into zip file.

Code:
path/main_folder.zip/sub_folder/text.txt.zip

the other method i'm using is, but i'm not sure how many zip file and sub folder are, because it include too many sub and main folder, inside folder might have another sub folder:
Code:
ls *.zip
ls */*.zip

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to unzip multiple files (encrypted) in a directory.

Good day all. I want to unzip multiple files in a directory. Suppose there are two files: test.txt.zip and test1.txt.zip Using this command: unzip -o -P test*.zip results in the unzipping of the first file not second. It gives this error: Archive: test.txt.zip caution: filename not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_ashu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to unzip the file

Hi, I have a file in the form of .zip in unix directory, now I want to unzip the file in unix environment. May I know how to unzip this file File name: cust.zip Thanks in Advance... Aswice (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aswice
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i unzip .gz extension file?

I have pulled a .gz file from UNIX to window. Is there way to unzip UNIX based file on window? Thanks advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: J_ang
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzip single file in zip file to STDOUT

Hi, Does anyone know if there is an unzip command similar to tar -xOf $tarBall $fileInTarFile which will untar a single file in a tar ball to STDOUT ? I want to do the same but with a .zip (ZIP archive) file. - Andy ---------- Post updated at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous update... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyatit
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip the .zip file without using unzip utility in UNIX

I have .zip file, i want to list all the files archived in the zip file. unzip utility is not working for me in unix. Please help me resolve this issue Thanks ganesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip Multiple zip files and Strip directory

I receive multiple zipped directories with files in them, so the .zip name is the name of the directory containing the files. so i have used a simple loop to unzip all of them but when unzipped i have folders/directories, i wanted to strip these directories and remain with the actual files from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buggzdiq
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip a gz file

Please tell me the unix command how to unzip a gz file(say a qwe.gz) and the orginal gz file should remain intact. Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranabpal
7 Replies
ZIP_ADD(3)						     Library Functions Manual							ZIP_ADD(3)

NAME
zip_add , - .Nm zip_replace add file to zip archive or replace file in zip archive LIBRARY
libzip (-lzip) SYNOPSIS
#include <zip.h> zip_int64_t zip_add(struct zip *archive, const char *name); "struct zip_source *source" int zip_replace(struct zip *archive, zip_uint64_t index); "struct zip_source *source" DESCRIPTION
The function zip_add adds a file to a zip archive, while zip_replace replaces an existing file in a zip archive. The argument archive specifies the zip archive to which the file should be added. name is the file's name in the zip archive (for zip_add ), while index speci- fies which file should be replaced (for zip_replace ). The data is obtained from the source argument. See the zip_source_* functions cited in SEE ALSO. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, zip_add returns the index of the new file in the archive, and zip_replace returns 0. Otherwise, -1 is returned and the error code in archive is set to indicate the error. EXAMPLES
struct zip_source *s; if ((s=zip_source_buffer(archive, buffer, len)) == NULL || zip_add(archive, name, s) 0) { zip_source_free(s); printf("error adding file: %s0, zip_strerror(archive)); } ERRORS
zip_add and zip_replace fail if: [ZIP_ER_EXISTS] There is already a file called name in the archive. (Only applies to zip_add ). [ZIP_ER_INVAL] source or name are NULL, or index is invalid. [ZIP_ER_MEMORY] Required memory could not be allocated. SEE ALSO
libzip(3), zip_source_file(3), zip_source_filep(3), zip_source_function(3), zip_source_zip(3) AUTHORS
Dieter Baron <dillo@giga.or.at> and Thomas Klausner <tk@giga.or.at> NiH March 10, 2009 ZIP_ADD(3)