Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Fedora: Uninstall Java JDK 1.8 and install Oracle Java 1.7.15 Post 303009887 by TechGyaann on Thursday 21st of December 2017 03:07:48 PM
Old 12-21-2017
Error Fedora: Uninstall Java JDK 1.8 and install Oracle Java 1.7.15

Hi All,

I have just downloaded fedora 27 iso and set it up in virtual box.

I want to learn Hadoop so trying to install Apache hadoop. Before all those I have to install Oracle Java 1.7.15 (as mentioned in the Apache hadoop page).

Can you please help me how to Uninstall currently installed Java JDK (1.8.XX) in install the new Oracle Java 1.7.15.?

Would be of great help if you can also share steps to intall hadopp, pig an hive in fedora.

Best,
Tech

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Java in Fedora, first

For those of us who slept through the month of June, the OpenJDK 6 stack in Fedora was certified as TCK compliant. Meaning it can carry the “100% Java(TM)” moniker. Rich Sharples has a nice write-up (with a second part answering the blogosphere): In June, 2007 - Red Hat launched the IcedTea... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

help with installing java EE on fedora 14

Hi Forum Im a new to fedora and was wondering ,Can anybody direct me to a site that shows me how to install Java EE 6 SDK Update 1 (with JDK 6 Update 23) for fedora 14. NOT openjdk i need oracles java to develop a web app using tomcat 7.0 Any help would be much appreciated and thank you in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ShinTec
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

What Sun Java packages are available for Fedora?

Are all of these java packages available for fedora? I use several VERY picky websites that want all of these packages to properly work. sun-java6-jre sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jdk sun-java6-plugin sun-java6-fonts (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to install java (jdk-74) on solaris 10?

What kind of required java type for installed? which address link, i need to download the package. i have zcat this version jdk-7-solaris-sparc.tar.Z and then installed each the packages with pkgadd -d . , but my java version still java full version "1.5.0_24-b02".is it need doanything after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aagusman
1 Replies

5. AIX

Any file to differentiate JAVA JRE and JAVA JDK

Folks, Any idea of where can I find a specific file to differentiate JRE and Java JDK installed on AIX platform :cool: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellcisco
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fedora java classpath

What is the proper way to set your java classpath? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies
MACROS.JPACKAGE(7)						RPM Java packaging						MACROS.JPACKAGE(7)

NAME
macros.jpackage - RPM macros for Java packagers and developers. Written for the JPackage Project <http://www.jpackage.org/>: SYNOPSIS
%_jvmdir Root directory where all Java VMs/SDK/JREs are installed. %_jvmjardir Root directory where all Java VMs/SDK/JREs expose their jars %_jvmprivdir Root directory for all Java VM/SDK/JRE's private things. %_jvmlibdir Root directory for all architecture dependent parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmdatadir Root directory for all architecture independent parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmsysconfdir Root directory for all configurations parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmcommonlibdir Root directory for all common architecture dependent parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmcommondatadir Root directory for all common architecture independent parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_jvmcommonsysconfdir Root directory for all common configurations parts of Java VM/SDK/JRE's %_javadir Directory where arch and version independent jars are installed. %{_javadir}-ext Directory where version dependent jars are installed. %_{javadir} Directory where arch and version independent jars are installed. %{_javadir}-x.y.z Directory where jars for Java standard x.y.z (usually symlinks to %{_javadir}-ext) are installed. %{_javadir}-utils Directory where Java-related scripts are installed. %_jnidir Directory where arch-specific (JNI) version-independent jars are installed. %_{jnidir}-ext Directory where arch-specific (JNI) version-dependent jars are installed. %_{jnidir}-x.y.z Directory where arch-specific (JNI) jars for Java standard x.y.z (usually symlinks to %{_jnidir}-ext) are installed. %_javadocdir Root directory where all javadoc is installed. %_mavendepmapdir Directory for maven depmaps. %_mavendepmapfragdir Directory for maven depmaps. %java_home Current default JVM home. Calls a set_jvm() from java-functions(7). %ant Default ant command. %jar Default jar command. %java Default java command. Calls a set_jvm() from java-functions(7). %javac Default javac command. %javadoc Default javadoc command. %add_jvm_extension add_jvm_extension should be used in %install by extension packages to declare what extension jars they provide. %add_to_maven_depmap() add_to_depmap adds an entry to the depmap. The arguments are: %1 the original groupid %2 the original artifact id %3 the version %4 the new groupid %5 the new artifactid %update_maven_depmap() update_maven_depmap updates the main maven depmap %jpackage_script() A standard script fot running jpackage positive applications. %1 main class %2 flags %3 options %4 jars (separated by ':') %5 the name of script you wish to create DESCRIPTION
This is a library of generic rpm macros which should be used on jpackage.org compatible distributions. FILES
/etc/rpm/macros.jpackage Definitions of macros. For additional informations look at this file. /use/share/java-utils/java-functions shell script functions library for Java applications /etc/java/java.conf system-wide Java configuration file ~/.java/java.conf user's Java configuration SEE ALSO
Regular Manual Pages java.conf(5) java-functions(7) jpackage-utils(7) AUTHORS
David Walluck <david@jpackage.org> Ville Skytta <scop at jpackage.org> Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas.Mailhot at laPoste.net> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs using JPackage Bugzilla (http://www.jpackage.org/bugzilla/) jpackage-utils 1.7.5 February 2009 MACROS.JPACKAGE(7)