Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Require xrdp package for RHEL 7.3 Post 303009812 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 20th of December 2017 11:08:37 AM
Old 12-20-2017
What? Linux and no Internet??
Even a modern washing machine has Internet (and sometimes Linux) Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Add/Remove package in RHEL 5 !

Friends , I cannot upgrade or add any package in RHEL 5 using 'package manager' GUI tools . When I run the 'package manager' tool then in BROWSE tab , it shows nothing . I try it inserting the RHEL5 DVD in the DVD-Rom . But the condition is the same . Would anybody plz tell me , How can I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

remote desktop error (xrdp)

My friends, I installed ubuntu server 11.04 (x86_64) and activated remote desktop connection package which name is xrdp. I can connect successfully there is no problem. I have installed xrdp on ubuntu server 9.10 (x86) but I can't remote desktop. It gave an error messages. Picture is attached.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Xrdp hangs

Hi, I'm trying to get xrdp to work. I installed xrdp 0.5.0 from EPEL and the Desktop group. Now I can connect to the server with rdesktop, but I can't do any input... there is an authentication window asking the root password "to set the network proxy used for downloading packages" and I can't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FrankVanDamme
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd.

Hi all, Im studying rhcsa as of now, so yum installation and dependencies are messing me to not workit out. i have dual os, win 7 & rhel 6. i have tried this installation of vsftpd package with rhel 6 dvd in VM rhel 6 in win 7 as well as host rhel 6.still the same issue. below error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to install Xrdp in Centos.?

Hi, I want to install the Xrdp in Centos for taking remote session of centos server from Windows machine. could you please help me for this ?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

RHEL Package download

Hi All, I am a Solaris administartor. I got in to a probelm with RHEL. I thought someone can help me on this forum .. Can we download/install packages on a Redhat server with yum with out registering on RHEL network or website ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sri243
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

RHEL 6, Spacewalk 2.3 unable to download RHEL 5 repo data

Hello all, I am having a bit of an issue on my Spacewalk installation. Some amplifying information is that it is Spacewalk 2.3 installed on a RHEL 6 machine and I am attempting to install/update a RHEL 5 channel/repository. I am fairly new to Spacewalk so I am still learning but this is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstone4646
3 Replies
GETHOSTID(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						      GETHOSTID(2)

NAME
gethostid, sethostid - get or set the unique identifier of the current host SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> long gethostid(void); int sethostid(long hostid); DESCRIPTION
Get or set a unique 32-bit identifier for the current machine. The 32-bit identifier is intended to be unique among all UNIX systems in existence. This normally resembles the Internet address for the local machine, as returned by gethostbyname(3), and thus usually never needs to be set. The sethostid call is restricted to the superuser. The hostid argument is stored in the file /etc/hostid. RETURN VALUE
gethostid returns the 32-bit identifier for the current host as set by sethostid(2). CONFORMING TO
4.2BSD. These functions were dropped in 4.4BSD. POSIX.1 does not define these functions, but ISO/IEC 9945-1:1990 mentions them in B.4.4.1. SVr4 includes gethostid but not sethostid. FILES
/etc/hostid SEE ALSO
hostid(1), gethostbyname(3) Linux 0.99.13 1993-11-29 GETHOSTID(2)