Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Extract file names from file and set variable to 'highest' one Post 303009802 by SIMMS7400 on Wednesday 20th of December 2017 07:43:14 AM
Old 12-20-2017
Hi Rudi -

Yes - I'm trying to understand where to place that but can't seem to make it work.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Variable assignment for file names.

I am trying to process error files in selected directories. I can count the files that are there and export the contents to a file for either emailing or printing. The next step is to move the files to a processed directory with the name changed to .fixed as the last extension. for file in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Names in a Variable in a loop

Hi All , I am having confusion in a shell script. Please guide me. I need to get multiple files (number of files vary time to time, file names are separated by '|') using FTP get from the remote server. Actually, i call the FTP function in a loop. At the last step, i need to move all the get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace variable names in text file with its value

Hi I have a text file (mytext.txt), the content of which is as following: My name is <@MY_NAME@> and my age is <@MY_AGE@> . Now i have another property file (myprops) which is as following: MY_NAME=abcdefgh MY_AGE=000000 I was wondering, how can i replace the tags of mytext.txt, with its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vigithvg
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to extract sub-string out of file names

I have these files in a directory. It may have more class than the sample below: DEPT_CHEM101LEC_D_20110301.DAT DEPT_CHEM101LAB_D_20110301.DAT DEPT_BIO105LEC_D_20110325.DAT DEPT_BIO105LAB_D_20110325.DAT DEPT_CSC308LEC_D_20110327.DAT DEPT_CSC308LAB_D_20110327.DAT Is there way to extract out... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lv99
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

set a variable to be a list of file names

Hi all, I am trying to get a list of all the .tif images in my folder and set a variable that holds all the file names using C shell. What is the best way to do it? any help would be greatly appreciated. Yang (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lionheartyoung
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to assign file names to array variable?

I wish to assign file names with particular extention to array variables. For example if there are 5 files with .dat extention in /home/sam then i have to assign these 5 files to an array. plz help me how to accomplish this. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siteregsam
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract file names from a file

I'm trying to extract a list of each .cfg file name mentioned in a file. I've made some progress using sed, but I'm still not there. Any help would be appreciated. My input looks like this: 07:00:00.000 spn redo 08:04:36.200 CMD OBJ_INIT 08:04:37.200 CMD OBJ_INIT ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jricks
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

9. Programming

FORTRAN: Loop over variable file names

Hi guys I'm a beginner in fortran. So excuse me for my naivety, let me briefly describe what I was trying to do. I have let's say 2 files named reac-1 and reac-2. After opening these files I've to do some calculations, close these files and open the same files again in a loop. So my faulty code... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saleheen
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find matching file in bash with variable file names but consisent prefixs

As part of a bash the below line strips off a numerical prefix from directory 1 to search for in directory 2. for file in /home/cmccabe/Desktop/comparison/missing/*.txt do file1=${file##*/} # Strip off directory getprefix=${file1%%_*.txt} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
SSL_CTX_new(3)							      OpenSSL							    SSL_CTX_new(3)

NAME
SSL_CTX_new - create a new SSL_CTX object as framework for TLS/SSL enabled functions SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/ssl.h> SSL_CTX *SSL_CTX_new(SSL_METHOD *method); DESCRIPTION
SSL_CTX_new() creates a new SSL_CTX object as framework to establish TLS/SSL enabled connections. NOTES
The SSL_CTX object uses method as connection method. The methods exist in a generic type (for client and server use), a server only type, and a client only type. method can be of the following types: SSLv2_method(void), SSLv2_server_method(void), SSLv2_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv2 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will also indicate that it only understand SSLv2. A server will only understand SSLv2 client hello messages. SSLv3_method(void), SSLv3_server_method(void), SSLv3_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the SSLv3 protocol. A client will send out SSLv3 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands SSLv3. A server will only understand SSLv3 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). TLSv1_method(void), TLSv1_server_method(void), TLSv1_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will only understand the TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out TLSv1 client hello messages and will indicate that it only understands TLSv1. A server will only understand TLSv1 client hello messages. This especially means, that it will not understand SSLv2 client hello messages which are widely used for compatibility reasons, see SSLv23_*_method(). It will also not understand SSLv3 client hello messages. SSLv23_method(void), SSLv23_server_method(void), SSLv23_client_method(void) A TLS/SSL connection established with these methods will understand the SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 protocol. A client will send out SSLv2 client hello messages and will indicate that it also understands SSLv3 and TLSv1. A server will understand SSLv2, SSLv3, and TLSv1 client hello messages. This is the best choice when compatibility is a concern. The list of protocols available can later be limited using the SSL_OP_NO_SSLv2, SSL_OP_NO_SSLv3, SSL_OP_NO_TLSv1 options of the SSL_CTX_set_options() or SSL_set_options() functions. Using these options it is possible to choose e.g. SSLv23_server_method() and be able to negotiate with all possible clients, but to only allow newer protocols like SSLv3 or TLSv1. SSL_CTX_new() initializes the list of ciphers, the session cache setting, the callbacks, the keys and certificates, and the options to its default values. RETURN VALUES
The following return values can occur: NULL The creation of a new SSL_CTX object failed. Check the error stack to find out the reason. Pointer to an SSL_CTX object The return value points to an allocated SSL_CTX object. SEE ALSO
SSL_CTX_free(3), SSL_accept(3), ssl(3), SSL_set_connect_state(3) 50 2013-03-05 SSL_CTX_new(3)