Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Sudden application crash in servers Post 303009723 by RudiC on Tuesday 19th of December 2017 06:57:30 AM
Old 12-19-2017
Tons of login attempts to various users would make me very suspicious, even though they seem to occur from the local area network. Even more as they include four failed attempts for root.
Identify the machine that attempts come from and check it for malware.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudden poweroff ??

Hi I am using unix for last few days. Here is my problem during boot the machine stop giving video signal and I don't know what's happening. When I ping (during boot) it from another machine it comes alive then goes out. The power on the CPU is on all the time. please help. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh1981
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Application servers, proper usage

Is it common in the Unix/Linux environment to install compute intensive applications on a Server system and have the client machines download the executables into memory at runtime to run locally? This model seems taxing to the network, and as I understand, has been largely abandoned in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonwillog
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Application Servers Installation and Users

Hi, When most of the server applications get installed, they create their own user. I believe this is to not use the "root" account. For example, Apache when installed creates a user called "apache". And the directories which it uses are all owned by this user. This seems to be the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanths
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between development and Production unix servers for a application??

Hi all I am running a major script of my application in development for implementing code changes for process improvement in time. The script runs in production once in a month . It takes 8 hours 30 mins in Production server . what surprice me is , when I run the same script in development server... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthifire
9 Replies

5. Programming

socket system call can not succedd right after application crash.

hello all, I have developed a server application in C for ulinux kernel 2.6.It works very fine; creating a socket, binding it to a port, listening for incoming sockets and accepting them ,all finish without any error. But there is a problem regarding application crash.After an intentionally... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sedighzadeh
1 Replies

6. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies

7. Solaris

System date sudden change

Hi there, We have a Solaris 10 machine which has been up and running for more than 400 days. A strange behaviour happened. The system date defaulted to epoch timestamp. Oracle stopped and application failed causing management to parade. We managed to reset the date. All other servers and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar63
8 Replies

8. Red Hat

XCB crash while Video Rendering in multithreded application

I encounter the following crash on RHEL 7.0 when I run a multithreaded video rendering application using GLFW and OpenGL. OpenGL version is 2.1 and MESA version is 9.3.0 Following is the back trace of the multi-threaded program I am working on:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuachin
0 Replies
APPRES(1)						      General Commands Manual							 APPRES(1)

NAME
appres - list X application resource database SYNOPSIS
appres [[class [instance]] [-1] [toolkitoptions] DESCRIPTION
The appres program prints the resources seen by an application (or subhierarchy of an application) with the specified class and instance names. It can be used to determine which resources a particular program will load. For example, % appres XTerm will list the resources that any xterm program will load. If no application class is specified, the class -AppResTest- is used. To match a particular instance name, specify an instance name explicitly after the class name, or use the normal Xt toolkit option. For example, % appres XTerm myxterm or % appres XTerm -name myxterm To list resources that match a subhierarchy of an application, specify hierarchical class and instance names. The number of class and instance components must be equal, and the instance name should not be specified with a toolkit option. For example, % appres Xman.TopLevelShell.Form xman.topBox.form will list the resources of widgets of xman topBox hierarchy. To list just the resources matching a specific level in the hierarcy, use the -1 option. For example, % appres XTerm.VT100 xterm.vt100 -1 will list the resources matching the xterm vt100 widget. SEE ALSO
X(7x), xrdb(1), listres(1) AUTHOR
Jim Fulton, MIT X Consortium X Version 11 Release 6.6 APPRES(1)