Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reset Password
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Reset Password Post 303009381 by os2mac on Wednesday 13th of December 2017 06:11:21 PM
Old 12-13-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
It would be mega scary if Solaris had the same bug as the the recent macOS one,
In Solaris 11, root is defined as a role by default. Meaning you can no longer login as root. You have to login as a user and assume the role to elevate your privs to root.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Not receiving my reset password

Hi, I reset my password couple of times. On both the occasions, I get the message that the password is reset and it would be mailed to you. But I have never received the mail. Could you please let me know my password so that I can login. My user id is ranj@tcs. Thanks, Ranjith (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whyaskedhere
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

I would like to reset my password

Hi Moderators, I forgot the login password and am accessing the forum page through save form password credentials. Could you please reset my password ? Thanks, :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
5 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password reset not being accepted

Why would a password reset, a provided numerical value thru email, not be accepted when trying to log in with it? I have expired the 5 login attempts twice with still no acceptance. thanks for the help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: W.A.C.
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Password reset

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to have cron change your password every month from an encrypted list of passwords?I have several servers I hardly ever go near but when I do the password has always expired and it takes a long time to get the administrators to reset it for me. I was thinking... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
4 Replies

5. Hardware

Reset ILO password

HI Guys I have forgot my ILO password for REDHAT Linux, Its Protriat HP server. I need to set new password for ILO without installing any RPM like "hponfig".... I need to set password in terminal. please give me steps to change the password waiting for ur replys (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh_krish
1 Replies

6. Solaris

ALOM password reset

Hi , How to reset ALOM/SC password for Solaris box Sun Fire T-200 Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetansingh23
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password reset script

Hi all, I am using an command which reset the password for the user, its working fine on Solaris boxes but sometimes the samw was not happening on some of linux boxes. /bin/echo username | passwd --stdin username I am new to unix and shell scripting,so it would be very helpful for me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudharson
1 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Reset Password

So my dad bought an iMac from my mom, but she does not know the admin password anymore. I read on the apple forums that I should look here for help on resetting the password. The iMac runs OSX 10.6.3. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PhsycoDragon
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

User password reset

Hello - I want to reset user password in multiple server via root ID. I have passwordless authentication for root between all the servers. I an use loop to reset the password. I am using below command in loop echo mypassword | passwd username --stdin However, if anyone sees history - he... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
5 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
tran_reset(9E)							Driver Entry Points						    tran_reset(9E)

NAME
tran_reset - reset a SCSI bus or target SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/scsi/scsi.h> int prefixtran_reset(struct scsi_address *ap, int level); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris architecture specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
ap Pointer to the scsi_address(9S) structure. level The level of reset required. DESCRIPTION
The tran_reset() vector in the scsi_hba_tran(9S) structure must be initialized during the HBA driver's attach(9E) to point to an HBA entry point to be called when a target driver calls scsi_reset(9F). tran_reset() must reset either the SCSI bus, a SCSI target device, or a SCSI logical unit as specified by level. level must be one of the following: RESET_ALL Reset the SCSI bus. RESET_TARGET Reset the target specified by ap. RESET_LUN Reset the logical unit specified by ap. tran_reset should set the pkt_reason field of all outstanding packets in the transport layer associated with each target or logical unit that was successfully reset to CMD_RESET and the pkt_statistics field must be OR'ed with either STAT_BUS_RESET (if the SCSI bus was reset) or STAT_DEV_RESET (if the target or logical unit was reset). The HBA driver should use a SCSI Bus Device Reset Message to reset a target device. The HBA driver should use a SCSI Logical Unit Reset Message to reset a logical unit. Packets that are in the transport layer but not yet active on the bus should be returned with pkt_reason set to CMD_RESET and pkt_statis- tics OR'ed with STAT_ABORTED. Support for RESET_LUN is optional but strongly encouraged for new and updated HBA drivers. If an HBA driver provides RESET_LUN support, it must also create the lun-reset capability with a value of zero for each target device instance represented by a valid ap. The HBA is also required to provide the means to return the current value of the lun-reset capability in its tran_getcap(9E) routine, as well as the means to change the value of the lun_reset capability in its tran_setcap(9E) routine. RETURN VALUES
tran_reset() should return: 1 on success. 0 on failure. SEE ALSO
attach(9E), ddi_dma_buf_setup(9F), scsi_hba_attach(9F), scsi_reset(9F), scsi_address(9S), scsi_hba_tran(9S) Writing Device Drivers NOTES
If pkt_reason already indicates that an earlier error had occurred for a particular pkt, tran_reset() should not overwrite pkt_reason with CMD_RESET. SunOS 5.10 12 Jul 2002 tran_reset(9E)