Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Remove footer record in specific condition Post 303009269 by Don Cragun on Monday 11th of December 2017 05:46:48 PM
Old 12-11-2017
You could also try:
Code:
awk -F, 'NF>3' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Chop Header and Footer record from input file

Hi, I need to chope the header and footer record from an input file and make a new output file, please let me know how i can do it in unix.thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolbudy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove header and footer rows

I would like to remove some lines from begining of file (header) and some lines from end of file (footer). The header/footer lines generated by web-browser when the user upload a file to my webserver. Example: -----------------------------7d62af20c052c Content-Disposition: form-data;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seaky
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the footer from a flat file by searching a pattern

Hi, I have more than 30,000 records in a flat file. I want to remove footer from the file by searching a string pattern for the footer. Example.... let the flat file test.dat contains below records. record1 record2 record3 .. .. .. record31000 Total records 31000 I want to remove the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with File processing - Adding predefined text to particular record based on condition

I am generating a output: Name Count_1 Count_2 abc 12 12 def 15 14 ghi 16 16 jkl 18 18 mno 7 5 I am sending the output in html email, I want to add the code: <font color="red"> NAME COLUMN record </font> for the Name... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

remove the header and footer using sed

I want to delete the header and footer in the file by using sed for that i ran the below script and my text file looks like emp.txt # This file contain employee # information abc 12300 34 'FGH' # This is confidential as per the firm rules. my intention is to remove the header... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vmachava
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grab unique record from different files on a condition

Hi, I think this is the toughest prob :wall: I have ever come across and I thankfully owe all of u for helping me cross this. cat 1.txt cat 2.txt K now. This is what I am looking for. Output.txt Here is how my output has been generated. First, the column one of each file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add header and footer with record count in footer

This is my file(Target.txt) name|age|locaction abc|23|del xyz|24|mum jkl|25|kol The file should be like this 1|03252012 1|name|age|location 2|abc|23|del 2|xyz|24|mum 2|jkl|25|kol 2|kkk|26|hyd 3|4 Column 1 is row indicator for row 1 and 2, column indicator is 1,for data rows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsranjan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[AWK script]Counting the character in record and print them in condition

.......... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Antonlee
1 Replies

9. Programming

[solved] how to remove header and footer

it still display header and footer header SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Mon Sep 24 13:41:51 2012 Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved. Connected to: Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.5.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, Real... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ment0smintz
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash to remove find and remove specific extension

The bash below executes and does find all the .bam files in each R_2019 folder. However set -x shows that the .bam extension only gets removed from one .bam file in each folder (appears to be the last in each). Why is it not removing the extension from each (this is $SAMPLE)? Thank you :). set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)