Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Passing variable from PHP to bash script Post 303009040 by kieranfoley on Friday 8th of December 2017 10:38:57 AM
Old 12-08-2017
Thank jgt That fixed that particular problem. Now I am getting a curl error though. If I run the curl from the command line I have no issue but when it is called from the php script which calls the bash script I get this error

Code:
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 172.16.120.152: Permission denied

The curl command works fine when I do it from the command line.

Any idea why this is happening?

---------- Post updated at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:34 PM ----------

This is the curl command (I have taken out the username and password

curl -u usernameSmilieassword http://seieadpa01:9004/apollo-api/no...%3dseiemccli01

---------- Post updated at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:36 PM ----------

sorry I never put code around

Code:
curl  -u username:password http://seieadpa01:9004/apollo-api/nodes/?query=name%3dhostname

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing variable to my script

Hello everybody: Im trying to run the following script on my sol9 machine: line='' ((lineCount= 0)) export lineCount more /tmp/MSISDNs | wc -l > /tmp/tmp cat /tmp/tmp | read lineCount export lineCount; while (( lineCount > 0 )) do line= tail -$lineCount... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing options to a bash script

I'm just not sure where to start looking into this. I want to be able to create switches for my script. Back in the day I'd make my scripts interactive...you know: echo "what report do you want" echo "A)boxes with errors" echo "B)boxes with more than 5 errors" echo "C)Service groups that have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable from bash to perl from bash script

Hi All, I need to pass a variable to perl script from bash script, where in perl i am using if condition. Here is the cmd what i am using in perl FROM_DATE="06/05/2008" TO_DATE="07/05/2008" "perl -ne ' print if ( $_ >="$FROM_DATE" && $_ <= "$TO_DATE" ) ' filename" filename has... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsidh
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Bash variable to javascript

How do I pass a bash variable to a javascript? I've tried #!/bin/bash echo "Content-type: text/html" echo "" echo "<html>" echo "<head>" counter=0 echo '<script> window.parent.document.forms.counter.value = "$counter"; </script>' I have an iframe script which I am trying to pass a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help passing variable from script

Hello, How can I pass a variable into a 2nd file? I'm running a script: ls -la $1 >pem99 cat pem99 | awk '{ print $3}' >us99 cat us99 | read us98 This then tells me the owner of a file. my second file is: echo OWNER GROUP OTHERS echo echo --data-- $us98 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variables from bash to php-cli

Hello everyone, I've been looking how to pass variables between bash and php-cli in 1 file. So far i got this: #!/bin/bash echo "This is bash" php << EOF <?php echo "This is php\n"; ?> EOF I would now like to be able to pass a variable declared in the bash to the php. I already... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbee
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with passing Variable from bash to awk gsub command

Would really appreciate it if someone could point out my mistake in this line of code, i've been staring blankly at it trying everything i can think of some time now and coming up with nothing. #!/bin/bash echo "Enter Username" read Username awk -F: -v var=${Username} '/^var:/... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nostyx
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing string as variable(s) in bash

I'm trying to write a basic bash script that takes input you give (what directory, if any, what name, if any ....) and passes the information to find. I'm trying to just create a string with all variables and then pass it to find. So far I have this extremely simple: #!/bin/bash -f ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Starting_Leaf
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to a bash script

Hi, I wanted to pass an argument to a bash script. So that the argument is used inside the awk command inside the bash script. I know the noraml way of passing argument to a bash script as below : sh myScript.sh abc Inside the bash script i can use like this myArg1=$1 wc $myArg But... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from bash to perl script

Hi All, I need to pass a variable from bash script to perl script and in the perl script i am using those variables in the sql query but its giving error : Use of uninitialized value $ENV{"COUNTRYCD"} in concatenation (.) or string at /GIS_ROOT/custom/tables/DBread_vendor.pl line 50. Can ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NileshJ
6 Replies
pidfilehack(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    pidfilehack(8)

NAME
pidfilehack - work around daemons that always fork SYNOPSIS
pidfilehack servicename pidfile command [parameters] DESCRIPTION
pidfilehack is used to work around daemons that insist on forking into the background, but that do write a correct pid file. pidfilehack forks the actual service, then waits for the pidfile to be written. Once it can read the pid from the pidfile it will tell minit the real pid and quit. USAGE
usually pidfilehack is symlinked as run command of a service. servicename the name of the service pidfilehack is installed for. pidfile the filename to read the pid from command the real command to start parameters additional parameters for the command A typical use of this command will look like this: /etc/minit/apache /etc/minit/apache/params apache /var/run/apache.pid apachectl start /etc/minit/apache/run -> /sbin/pidfilehack AUTHOR
minit was written by Felix von Leitner and can be downloaded from his page at http://www.fefe.de/minit/ This manpage was written by Erich Schubert <erich@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux operating system. SEE ALSO
msvc(8), pidfilehack(8) pidfilehack(8)