Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to check tar version in Solaris? Post 303008858 by svijayas on Thursday 7th of December 2017 02:32:10 AM
Old 12-07-2017
How to check tar version in Solaris?

Code:
for pkg in `pkginfo | grep tar | grep application | awk '{print $2}'`; do pkginfo -l $pkg | grep VERSION; done

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 12-07-2017 at 06:11 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I tell what version of tar I have?

I know this should be easy, but Google is not turning up any results: How can I find out what version of software (like tar and gzip) I have installed on my Sun box? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

HP tar version

Guys, I need to know what version of tar i am using in our HP B11.11 box (model = 9000/800/rp8420 ). We have created a tar file and i wanted to know if the tar version i used supported 8GB-sized files (Check sanity of the archived file). As you know old version of tar is limited to files... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marlonus999
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Check version of Oracle

Hi All, Please advice me how i can check the Oracle version on my UNIX Solaris machine without logging in to oracle? Thanks, Am (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to check version of Solaris?

Hi All, Looks a foolish question, but please can someone tell me the command to check version of Solaris OS? Thanks, Am (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar: how to preserve atime? (also on extracted version, not just original)

How do I make tar set the correct atime on the extracted version? The option --atime-preserve works just on the original, not on the extracted file. The extracted files always have current time as atime, which is bad. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankie06
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install new version of tar under solaris 9

Hello, I'm trying to install new version of tar under solaris "tar-1.23-sol9-sparc-local.gz" in Solaris, I downloaded this version from sunfreeware.com I unzip it and I found only binaire file no Readme... some one vcan help ?? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sigma
2 Replies

7. AIX

tar version

Hi How to find the version of tar installed in my aix box ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to check SVM version Solaris 9 and 10?

How to check Solaris Volume Manager Version in 9 & 10? Which are the packages that are installed in the SVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajhal04
1 Replies

9. Fedora

How to download latest version of cmake using tar xzf?

...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry burns
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX command to check if file name ends with .tar OR if the file is a tar file

Hello Team, Would you please help me with a UNIX command that would check if file is a tar file. if we dont have that , can you help me with UNIX command that would check if file ends with .tar Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjaydubey2006
10 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)