Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Calling bash script from CGI
Top Forums Programming Calling bash script from CGI Post 303007772 by Corona688 on Tuesday 21st of November 2017 10:25:37 AM
Old 11-21-2017
Without seeing the code for either of them, I can't really do anything but guess.

If you want my guess, make sure PATH has a sane value before you call the BASH script.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping a bash script for CGI

I hope its ok to start a new thread, I was going to use my existing one but thought a new one would better clarify things and provide better search for future reference. Well I have my bash program working now, all nice, user input validated, output formatted, everything is looking sexy. Now... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyj
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling CGI Perl in Shell script [urgent]

All I want to call a perl program from my shell script. Please help me. I want to call through URL only. Like " http://www.test.com/CGI-bin/test?test=value" Please help to write this script. Thanx in advance. Thanking you Regards Deepak Xavier (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a cgi file from shell script????

Hi.. Is it possible to call a cgi program which is used to display a pop up message in the else part...On executing the script it directly prints the source code of the pop up screen.. Please if you have any idea,share with us.Thanks. #start success250=`grep -c failure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elavv
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi script to call bash script?

Novice to perl here. I have created a simple web page in perl, with only one submit button. I would like to execute a bash script on the same server when this button is clicked on. Is this possible in perl? I have spent a few days researching this and am unable to find any useful information.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pleonard
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Files with CGI Bash Script

Hi. I could use some help with my problem. I am creating a website. One option on this website is to delete a specified file, say an image, when the user clicks on it. I want to do this with CGI. I believe bash will be the easiest since I will just type the command "rm file". I also do not know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JMooney5115
4 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Run Program from Bash CGI-Script

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: This is a problem I am having with my 2 semester senior project. I have a LAMP server running Ubuntu 9.10 with... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JMooney5115
8 Replies

7. Red Hat

Calling BASH script from JAVA

Hi, I am trying to call a bash script from a java file. Code to call bash script will look like: Runtime runtime = Runtime.getRuntime(); Process process = runtime.exec("mybashfile.sh"); It is succesfully calling the bash file. I am using simple rm commands in the script to remove... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshman.forums
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a Perl script in a Bash script -Odd Situation

I am creating a startup script for an application. This application's startup script is in bash. It will also need to call a perl script (which I will not be able to modify) for the application environment prior to calling the application. The problem is that this perl script creates a new shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepet01
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling function from another bash script

I would like to call functions from another bash script. How can I do it? Some code More code (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
11 Replies

10. Programming

CGI Perl script to execute bash script- unable to create folder

Hi I have a bash script which takes parameters sh /tmp/gdg.sh -b BASE-NAME -n 1 -s /source/data -p /dest/data/archive -m ARC gdg.sh will scan the /source/data and will move the contents to /dest/data/archive after passing through some filters. Its working superb from bash I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
0 Replies
PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)					      General Commands Manual					     PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
pct-scanner-script - easy scan and create merged DjVu and PDF documents for archiving SYNOPSIS
pct-scanner-script [--help] DESCRIPTION
pct-scanner-script is a bash script and configuration system to easily scan documents and create a digital archiving. It can create DjVu PDF and JPEG outputs, in merged and individual files. It also has a configuration system where different configurations can be defined, making it easy to switch between configurations. Please use pct-scanner-script --help to find all program options, the complete help, and all examples. Features: - auto archiving in merged and individual DjVu, PDF, and JPEG files - auto and manual resume when scanning somehow fails - cascading configuration system, for easy customizing - easy command-line-style bash program, with useful options - archiving made possible with both adf and flatbed scanners - built for productivity and daily use - uses bash, scanadf and other mainstream processing tools - multilanguage commandline output OPTIONS
-h, --help, -? Show summary of options, help, and examples. DEBUGGING
This program is a helper script to easy scan and automated digital document archiving for normal and adf scanners. You can debug this script by running it as bash -x pct-scanner-script [options]. The script is just a nice wrapper for the scanadf, DjVu and PDF tools. SEE ALSO
scanadf(1), AUTHOR
pct-scanner-script and this manual page are written by: Jelle de Jong <jelledejong@powercraft.nl>. March 31, 2009 PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)