Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace sql with dynamic values Post 303007486 by RudiC on Friday 17th of November 2017 05:45:16 AM
Old 11-17-2017
And the question is?
What if the number of columns is NOT 2, i.e. is 1 or 4? And, isn't there a table_name missing?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic SQl in KSH

My requirement is to create a KSH to generate the SQL select statement in oracle with all the columns and optional where condition if given the table name as input to the program Have any of you worked with a similar requirement? Can you give me some inputs? Regards, Kousikan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kousikan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dynamic variable values

Bit of a newbie :D with regard to unix scripting and need some advice. Hopefully someone can help with the following: I have a predefined set of variables as follows: AAA_IP_ADD=1.1.1.1 BBB_IP_ADD=2.2.2.2 I have a funnction call which retrieves a value into $SUPPLIER which would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronnie_uk
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting dynamic values

Hi, I am stuck with extracting values by combining 2 dynamically extracted values. The code goes like this #!/usr/bin/ksh ID1="abcd" i=1 #this is a dynamic value and keeps on changing b="ID" #this is static now i want the value of ID1 variable. like echo $b$i But echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaitanyapn
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic SQL for where clause

Hi, I have an app which user can query the database based on 4 criteria, that is Field1, Field2, Field3 and Field4 Mya I know how to write a dynamic SQL where I can choose to retrieve data based on their selected value. eg. where Field1=AAA eg. where Field1=AAA and Field2=BBB eg.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TeSP
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sql dynamic table / dynamic inserts

I have a file that reads File (X.txt) Contents of record 1: rdrDESTINATION_ADDRESS (String) "91 971502573813" rdrDESTINATION_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrORIGINATING_ADDRESS (String) "d0 movies" rdrORIGINATING_IMSI (String) "000000000000000" rdrTRAFFIC_EVENT_TIME... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic SQL query based on shell script parameters

Hi, I need a script that will run a dynamic Oracle SQL. Dynamic meaning the SQL statement depends on the parameter. For instance, something like this: #!/bin/ksh -x # Set environment . /home/mine/set_vars sqlplus $LOGINID <<! >> /home/mine/log.txt select count(1) from $1 where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic sql where contents

Hi all, I need to add the contents from a file into a sql stament in the where clause. file1: id 1 2 3 10 11 ... script should look like : select name from tab_user tus where tus.id in (1,2,3,10,11..) any ideas or suggetions will be appreciatte. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: valigula
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamic values in a row

hi i have an input file in which there are diffrent values for xxxx,yyyyyy,zzzzzzz how can i arrange the dynamic values of x,y&z in a row. input file: xxxxx 1 yyyyyy 4 yyyyyy 5 zzzzzzzz 7 yyyyyy 13 zzzzzzzz 7 zzzzzzzz 6 yyyyyy 14 yyyyyy 12 zzzzzzzz 4 yyyyyy 4 yyyyyy 5 yyyyyy 6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using dynamic arrays to extract the values

Hi all, We have requirement to generate load timing based on subject areas HOUSEHOLD, BANKING and TRADING. These values are stored in an array SUB_ARR SUB_ARR=("HOUSEHOLD" "BANKING" "TRADING") Based on indicator files produced while processing data for each type, we need to get the stats (using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjaydubey2006
2 Replies

10. Linux

Shell Script to generate Dynamic Param file Using SQL Plus Quey

Hi All, Can anyone give me Shell script sample script to generate Param file by Reading Values from SQL Plus query and it should assign those values to variables like.. $$SChema_Name='ORCL' Thanks in Advance... Srav... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sravana Kumar
4 Replies
PG_UPDATE(3)															      PG_UPDATE(3)

pg_update - Update table

SYNOPSIS
mixed pg_update (resource $connection, string $table_name, array $data, array $condition, [int $options = PGSQL_DML_EXEC]) DESCRIPTION
pg_update(3) updates records that matches condition with data. If options is specified, pg_convert(3) is applied to data with specified options. PARAMETERS
o $connection - PostgreSQL database connection resource. o $table_name - Name of the table into which to update rows. o $data - An array whose keys are field names in the table $table_name, and whose values are what matched rows are to be updated to. o $condition - An array whose keys are field names in the table $table_name, and whose values are the conditions that a row must meet to be updated. o $options - Any number of PGSQL_CONV_FORCE_NULL, PGSQL_DML_NO_CONV, PGSQL_DML_ESCAPE, PGSQL_DML_EXEC, PGSQL_DML_ASYNC or PGSQL_DML_STRING combined. If PGSQL_DML_STRING is part of the $options then query string is returned. When PGSQL_DML_NO_CONV or PGSQL_DML_ESCAPE is set, it does not call pg_convert(3) internally. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. Returns string if PGSQL_DML_STRING is passed via $options. EXAMPLES
Example #1 pg_update(3) example <?php $db = pg_connect('dbname=foo'); $data = array('field1'=>'AA', 'field2'=>'BB'); // This is safe, since $_POST is converted automatically $res = pg_update($db, 'post_log', $_POST, $data); if ($res) { echo "Data is updated: $res "; } else { echo "User must have sent wrong inputs "; } ?> CHANGELOG
+-------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +-------------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.6.0 | | | | | | | No longer experimental. Added PGSQL_DML_ESCAPE | | | constant, TRUE/ FALSE and NULL data type support. | | | | |5.5.3/5.4.19 | | | | | | | Direct SQL injection to $table_name and Indirect | | | SQL injection to identifiers are fixed. | | | | +-------------+---------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pg_convert(3). PHP Documentation Group PG_UPDATE(3)