Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace delimited value with specific conditions Post 303007292 by KK230689 on Wednesday 15th of November 2017 04:52:50 AM
Old 11-15-2017
Hi ,

It working fine. last character of double quotes are converted in to §. we need only double dollar are falling in value not at the end of the line. if double quotes falls first and last of every line . it should be ^.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating specific fields with awk using conditions

Can someone help me again, I think with awk? I have a file with 4 columns (pipe-delimited): I just want to convert the last field so that e1 is now 'message 1', e2 is 'message 2', e0 is 'message 3', etc. I don't want to change any other columns because the e0-e10 code may appear as part of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giannicello
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables

using sed to replace a specific string on a specific line number using variables this is where i am at grep -v WARNING output | grep -v spawn | grep -v Passphrase | grep -v Authentication | grep -v '/sbin/tfadmin netguard -C'| grep -v 'NETWORK>' >> output.clean grep -n Destination... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: todd.cutting
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a string a specific value in specific location in AIX

Hi, I have following samp.txt file in unix. samp.txt 01Roy2D3M000000 02Rad2D3M222222 . . . . 10Mik0A2M343443 Desired Output 01Roy2A3M000000 02Rad2A3M222222 . . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific field on specific line sed or awk

I'm trying to update a text file via sed/awk, after a lot of searching I still can't find a code snippet that I can get to work. Brief overview: I have user input a line to a variable, I then find a specific value in this line 10th field in this case. After asking for new input and doing some... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: crownedzero
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

move files that match specific conditions

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and bash scripting. I have the following problem, I need to copy some files (from one dir. to another) whose first 5 numbers (subjects' ID) match the directory names. Here a shortened version of what I'm trying to do: names=(32983_f 35416_f 43579_f) # these are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ada1983
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy or cut specific rows from appended file with some conditions

Hi I have one file which is containing about 5000 rows and 20 columns I will just explain about my requirement here briefly with sample file, I have attached also, please help....me.. 1 28.25 36.42 5 28.26 36.42 10 28.23 36.43 15 28.22 36.43 20 28.2 36.42 25... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific column range in a non-delimited file with a string!

Hi All, I will need an help with respect to replacing a range of columns on a non-delimited file using a particular string pattern. Say file input is MYNUMBERD000000-BAN CHUE INSNTS ** N+ MYAREDSDD000000+BAN CHUE INSNTS ** N+ MYDERFFFSD00000-GIR PENT - ACH ** ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: navojit dutta
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and replace single character w/awk given conditions

I have a file that looks like this: 14985 DPN verb PPa to spend. 12886 DPNDJN bay tree. 15686 DQ verb to observe 15656 KC ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to assign points to variables based on conditions and update specific field

I have been reading old posts and trying to come up with a solution for the below: Use a tab-delimited input file to assign point to variables that are used to update a specific field, Rank. I really couldn't find too much in the way of assigning points to variable, but made an attempt at an awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace value based on certain conditions in a fixed width file

Hi Forum. I tried searching for a solution using the internet search but I haven't been able to find any solution for what I'm trying to accomplish. I have a fixed width column file where I need to search for any occurrences of "D0" in col pos.#1-2, 10-11, 20-21 and replaced it with "XD". ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
2 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)