Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script urgent help please Post 303007271 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 14th of November 2017 08:25:40 PM
Old 11-14-2017
Everyone at the UNIX and Linux Forums gives their best effort to reply to all questions in a timely manner. For this reason, posting questions with subjects like "Urgent!" or "Emergency" and demanding a fast reply are not permitted in the regular forums.

For members who want a higher visibility to their questions, we suggest you post in the Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Forum. This forum is given a higher priority than our regular forums.

Posting a new question in the Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Forum requires forum Bits. We monitor this forum to help people with emergencies, but we do not not guarantee response time or best answers. However, we will treat your post with a higher priority and give our best efforts to help you.

If you have posted a question in the regular forum with a subject "Urgent" "Emergency" or similar idea, we will, more-than-likely, close your thread and post this reply, redirecting you to the proper forum.

Of course, you can always post a descriptive subject text, remove words like "Urgent" etc. (from your subject and post) and post in the regular forums at any time.

Thank you.

The UNIX and Linux Forums

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Urgent help needed - shell script

Dear friends, I am trying to prepare a shell script which do the following task. Being a beginner in scripting I need a bit of help from you all for shell script which does the following job. 1.Check for existence of a file in a shared directory (at some remote location ) once in a day ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent for shell script

Hi friends, I am working as a DataStage developer. I need help in writing shell script. I have following file and I want to remove data from 1st field and store it into other file. Convert this file, A100 Tylenol 100mg A100 PCML 500mg B120 CFDR 250mg C345 PFLX 600mg ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysunny
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in shell script (Urgent : Please help)

i have load.bat file in my windows ...IN WINDOWSwe have a loader.exe file which loads the data in some queue.We keep this data in a particular folder i.e "in" folder. Now this loader.exe file picks the data from the "in" folder and loads it in an MQueue.I dont know exactly how this loader.exe file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vnmshenoy
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed urgent help with shell script

Hi, Thanks for the reply to the previous posting.I need a shell script to the following.I am entirely new to the comapny and please help me with this. 1) Create the file with a timestamp i.e. nrt_readership.mmddyyyyhhmm 2) The processing job will look for files of the pattern... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharishraja
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT HELP ON A SHELL SCRIPT

I have been asked to create a shell script that accepts a number of SQL select queries as input, runs them in sequence, spools the output to an EXCEL workbook, where, each worksheet is an output of a Select statement run above. The workbook should be in a .XLS format. If a particular select... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ShellNovice1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need urgent help with korn shell script

Hi All, Need urgent help with korn shell script, which monitors AIX WPARs Status. Basically WPARs run on a LPAR, So there is a Command "lswpar" which displays WPARs status. This script should be checking the WPARs Status and email support if WPAR is down or broken. General lswpar output is as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT Reading a file and assessing the syntax shell script URGENT

I am trying to write a shell script which takes an input file as an arguement in the terminal e.g. bash shellscriptname.sh input.txt. I would like for the file to be read line by line each time checking if the .txt file contains certain words or letters(validating the syntax). If the line being... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gurdza32
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script assistance Urgent

write a script using shift and case to receive 11 argument and do the following --arg1 - print hello message and the current proccess id --arg2 - read and edit a file based on the value which came along with the arg2. --arg3 - validate whether all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saku
1 Replies
REPORTER-UPLOAD(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						REPORTER-UPLOAD(1)

NAME
reporter-upload - Uploads compressed tarball of problem directory. SYNOPSIS
reporter-upload [-c CONFFILE]... [-d DIR] [-u URL] DESCRIPTION
The tool is used to create a compressed tarball of the problem directory and upload it to a URL. Supported protocols include FTP, FTPS, HTTP, HTTPS, SCP, SFTP, TFTP and FILE. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: URL The URL where tarball should be uploaded. Integration with ABRT events reporter-upload can be used as a reporter, to allow users to upload compressed tarballs of problem directories to a configured URL. This usage can be configured in /etc/libreport/report_event.conf: EVENT=report_Upload reporter-upload It can be also used on the post-create event to upload it automatically. EVENT=post-create reporter-upload OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. -u URL The URL where tarball should be uploaded. URL should have form protocol://[user[:pass]@]host/dir/[file.tar.gz] where protocol can be http(s), ftp, scp, or file. File protocol can't have user and host parts: file.tar.gz[1]. If URL ends with a slash, the archive name will be generated and appended to URL; otherwise, URL will be used as full file name. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Upload_URL The URL where should be the tarball uploaded. AUTHORS
o ABRT team NOTES
1. file.tar.gz file:///dir/ LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-UPLOAD(1)