Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to print full path name along with file extension? Post 303007264 by Yoda on Tuesday 14th of November 2017 04:51:51 PM
Old 11-14-2017
Code:
find /abc -type f -printf "%h %f\n" | awk '
        {
                EX = $2
                sub ( /[^.]*[.]/, X, EX )
                A[$1 FS EX]
        }
        END {
                for ( k in A )
                {
                        n = split ( k, T )
                        print T[1] "/:*." T[2]
                }
        }
'

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

process executable file full path

hi guys i give "ps -ef | grep some_executable_file" on the command line. this "some_executable_file" resides on many paths which r included in the PATH environment variable, so the output depicts only "some_executable_file" in the COMMAND column. how can i get the full path? thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtrix
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

list all files with full path of the file

How can i list every single file on a sun solaris server running 2.8 starting from '/' with the full path included in it? example. / ... ... ... /etc/inetd.conf /etc/passwd /etc/shadow ... ... ... /var/adm/messages /var/adm/messages.0 /var/adm/messages.1 ... ... ...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sowser
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find the file with full path

Hi, I have written this shell script: fl=`ls -1lrt $mylist | grep '\.xml$' | awk '{print $9}'` echo $fl (1) for i in $fl do for dir in $mylist do if then echo $dir/$i >> tmp (2) fi done done The mylist contains some directory names. The satement (1) gives the sorted list... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: surjyap
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

list file with full path

This has been bugging me for a while. How can i list file to show full path. /directory/test $ ls file.tst file.tst $ desired output: /directory/test/file.tst (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandegreat25
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto Print File Path or Print the Filename

I'm trying to clean up my samba share and need to print the found file or print the path of the image it tried to searched for. So far I have this but can't seem to get the logic right. Can anyone help point me in the right direction? for FILE in `cat list`; do if ; then ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: overkill
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return Full File Path To Array PERL

Iam trying to load the full path of multiplie files in the same directory to an array if the filenames matches a pattern. The following is the current code; where $input=C:\test # change to and open the comparison directory chdir("$input2") || die "Cannot change dir: $!"; opendir(DIR2,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cold_Que
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep File Full Path in a file

Hi, I would like to know how to grep all the paths in a file having extension .BMP For e.g. File Name : sample.txt File Content : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx/root/cdrive/picure.BMP xxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx/root/ddrive/picure.BMP xxxx xxxxxxxxxxx Expected Output : ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdivb
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to trim folder and files within a path that share a common file extension

The bash will trim the folder to trim folder. Within each of the folders (there may be more than 1) and the format is always the same, are several .bam and matching .bam.bai files (file structure) and the bashunder that executes and trims the .bam as expected but repeats the.bam.bai extentions... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
9 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)