Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to print string after colon? Post 303007231 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 14th of November 2017 08:50:20 AM
Old 11-14-2017
something along these lines:
Code:
awk -F'[:,]' '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i=i+2) printf("%s%s", $(i+1), (i+2>NF)?ORS:OFS)}' myFile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I use sed to insert a string which has colon

Hi, all, I wonder if I can use sed to insert a string which has a colon. I have a txt file a.txt like the following TRAIN/DR1/FCJF0/SI1027.MFC TRAIN/DR1/FCJF0/SI1657.MFC I want to insert a string C:/TIMIT/TIMIT at the begining of each line. I use the commond: TIM=C\:/TIMIT/TIMIT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jenny.palmy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string and print a string from the line below it

I know how to grep, copy and paste a string from a line. Now, what i want to do is to find a string and print a string from the line below it. To demonstrate: Name 1: ABC Age: 3 Sex: Male Name 2: DEF Age: 4 Sex: Male Output: 3 Male I know how to get "3". My biggest problem is to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the string between spaces

How to print the strings within a line between two spaces . <ns1:providerErrorCode>141</ns1:providerErrorCode> <ns1:providerErrorText>business_rule_exception-Server.404:Cannot proceed because the subscriber with phone number is either suspended or the account has an unpaid... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print Following string?

Dear All, I am new to shell script.I want to print following string: "E:\OutputRef\ExtendedTestObjectModel\Test.txt" For that i am using: echo "$ADL_ODT_REF${ADL_ODT_SLASH}ExtendedTestObjectModel${ADL_ODT_SLASH}$ResultFile" where - $ADL_ODT_REF is E:\OutputRef $ADL_ODT_SLASH... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandeep Pattil
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find string and and print another string

i have a file that looks like this ABC123 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssffhhh ABC234 EMPTY ABC652 jhfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffkkkkkkkkkkkk i want to grep "EMPTY" and print ABC234 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: engr.jay
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running multiple commands stored as a semi-colon separated string

Hi, Is there a way in Korn Shell that I can run multiple commands stored as a semi-colon separated string, e.g., # vs="echo a; echo b;" # $vs a; echo b; I want to be able to store commands in a variable, then run all of it once and pipe the whole output to another program without using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svhyd
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the word after the string

Hi I have a requirment here. I have to out the string after the particular word. for example i have the to extract the first word after the word disk. help me out. i have tried the folloing code but it is not giving the output which i need. awk -F"*disk " '{print $1}' grep -n -o '' file Input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saaisiva
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of colon

There was a sample code on forum I found sometime back: $ f() { local foo=; : ${foo=unset}; declare -p foo; }; f declare -- foo="" $ f() { local foo; : ${foo=unset}; declare -p foo; }; f declare -- foo="unset" Can someone explain why was colon (:) is being used here. Whats its use? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rameshck
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a string and print all lines upto another string

Ok I would like to do the following file test contains the following lines. between the lines ABC there may be any amount of lines up to the next ABC entry. I want to grep for the filename.txt entry and print the lines in between (and including that line) up to and including the last line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: revaroo
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print after colon

I have entries like below in a file 11.22.33.44:80 22.33.44.55:81 :::587 :::465 What I need is to take out the part after colon ( : ) Output should be as follows. 80 81 587 465 I used cut -d: -f 2 but its not working as dedired. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)