Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System cannot boot up
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users System cannot boot up Post 303007086 by anaigini45 on Saturday 11th of November 2017 04:45:58 AM
Old 11-11-2017
The server is a SUN SPARC T3-2.
And the Operating System is Solaris 10.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System boot configuration

On my PC I have two hard disks, the first with Windows 98 SE and the second with Linux Mandrake 8.0 (Traktopel). When I have installed Linux, it has modified the boot record of the 1st HD and it has added a graphic menu (LILO) for selecting the OS to use. By default, if I don't press a key, Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robotronic
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Boot from a remote system

I have a diskless work station. i want to boot from a remote linux machine. what changes i will have to do in configuration. Plz tell me thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemant29
1 Replies

3. SCO

Can't boot system--help

I get a message saying Not enough space to dump xxxxx pages Press any key to reboot Safe to power off After rebooting it never gets to the "Press CTRL D to continue or enter password for single user" message before it goes back to "Not enough space..." message above. Vicious cycle. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deloev
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help boot system erro

being nosey on sons laptop and set a password and now need to undo this but its in the boot system :eek::eek::eek: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hempel
4 Replies

5. Solaris

System boot up log file

Hi, where can I check the system boot up log file like those message when the system booting up.... Thanks. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: efang
14 Replies

6. AIX

System Hanging on boot

Hello: Hope someone can help. Yesterday we did a mksysb backup of one of our AIX boxes and now the server is hanging at "Multi-User initialization completed" prompt. Can someone help in troubleshooting this error? If you need more info please just let me know what you need. I'm not that... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
17 Replies

7. Solaris

System will not boot

We have a system that won't boot. It is Sun V245 that was patched yesterday with the latest Recommended 10 patch cluster. I will post what we get during the boot at the end of the email message. We have tried rebuilding the bootblk, booting from the cdrom, and running an fsck, booting into failsafe... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownwrap
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

System fail to boot

Hi im using centos 6.4 starting yesterday i have a strange issue that im unable to resolve. the system is booting to GRUB menu and the os is not starting. i tried to run a repair install and the message attached is what i get, what can cause this? thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guy3145
1 Replies

9. AIX

System can't boot up after power outage

Hello Forum, I am very newbie with AIX. We have 2 AIX 9111-285 servers. The OS version is 5.3. After the power outage, they did not come up. I try to unplug the power cable and re-connect after 1 minutes but do not help. Both display the same reference code 110000AC on the front panel... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilyn
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent: UNIX system does not boot

UNIX sco release 5.05 system does not boot: cannot open device hd(40)/boot stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd(40)/boot what to do? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Joaoalpande
1 Replies
nca.if(4)							   File Formats 							 nca.if(4)

NAME
nca.if - the NCA configuration file that specifies physical interfaces SYNOPSIS
/etc/nca/nca.if DESCRIPTION
Specify the physical interfaces for which the Solaris Network Cache and Accelerator ("NCA") feature will be configured in the nca.if con- figuration file. List the physical interfaces in the file, one per line. To configure NCA to listen on all physical interfaces present on the system backed by a hostname.{interface_name}, then list only an asterik ("*") in nca.if. When the ncakmod(1) initialization script is invoked during system boot, it will attempt to configure each physical interface specified in the nca.if file by using ncaconfd(1M). Note that there must be an accompanying hostname.{interface_name} file and an entry in /etc/hosts for the contents of hostname.{interface_name}. You must reboot in order to implement changes to the nca.if file. EXAMPLES
x86 Example 1: nca.if on x86 The following is an example of an nca.if file that would be used on an x86 system: iprb1 iprb6 iprb8 SPARC Example 2: nca.if on SPARC The following is an example of an nca.if file that would be used on a SPARC system: hme2 hme3 hme4 All Platforms Example 3: Configuring NCA to Listen on All Physical Interfaces The following example shows the contents of an nca.if file that would be used to configure either platform to listen on all physical inter- faces present on the system: * FILES
/etc/nca/nca.if Lists the physical interfaces on which NCA will run. /etc/hostname.{}{0-9} Lists all physical interfaces configured on the server. /etc/hosts Lists all host names associated with the server. Entries in this file must match with entries in /etc/host- name.{}{0-9} for NCA to function. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWncar | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nca(1), ncab2clf(1), ncakmod(1), ifconfig(1M), ncakmod.conf(4), ncalogd.conf(4), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: IP Services SunOS 5.10 18 Feb 2003 nca.if(4)