Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Replace zpool with another disk Post 303007073 by rrodgers on Friday 10th of November 2017 04:29:50 PM
Old 11-10-2017
Code:
pool_temp1   199G   197G  1.56G  99%  ONLINE  -
pool_temp2   199G  20.9M   199G   0%  ONLINE  -
l.root > zpool set autoexpand=on pool_temp1
cannot set property for 'pool_temp1': out of space
You have new mail in /var/mail/root

deleted data, now 99% free- but same result
do I have to destroy and recreate?

---------- Post updated at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:01 AM ----------

for some reason I can not get it to see the new disk , the new disk slice is 500 gig, but it is still seeing the old one that is 200g. do i have to destroy and re create using the new disk? i just thought replacing would do the trick.

Last edited by Scott; 11-10-2017 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: CODE tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to replace a disk, that's all...

Actually have a few different issues, wondering if I could get input on (tried reading/searching for an answer, with no luck) 1. Have a v240 running sol9 that needs a bad disk replaced. So, here are the steps I took: a. detached from mirroring b. cleared mirroring (metaclear) c.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.moralito
4 Replies

2. Solaris

how to replace disk in solaris 10?

solaris os run on X86. bootdisk have been mirrored.but there is one disk miss,I want to replace the fail disk,but after I replace the disk,the system can't boot! pls help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netxjman
2 Replies

3. SCO

Replace Disk

Originally Posted by panos83 Hello there Sir, according to this old post, https://www.unix.com/sco/100001-warni...ler-found.html i try to restore an old image to a new hard disk drive. The problem is that i don't have basic information such as: 1) Which btld driver do i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Add disk to zpool

Hi, Quick question. I have a data zpool that consists of 1 disk. pool: data state: ONLINE scrub: none requested config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM data ONLINE 0 0 0 c0t50002AC0014B06BEd0 ONLINE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

LVM: is possible to replace a disk?

Scenario1: VG00 lvm,not mirrored,2 disk of 36GB vg size VG00 size is under 30G. Is possible to remove a disk of 36GB and replace "on fly" with a disk of 300GB on VG00? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Cannot remove disk added to zpool

I added a disk to a zpool using "zpool add diskname" My intention was mirror a zpool disk that no mirror; that is a zpool with only one disk. I did not issue the right command. Now, the disk has been added successfully but I cannot remove nor detach it as Solaris 11 thinks it has data on it... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
14 Replies

7. Solaris

Exporting zpool sitting on different disk partition

Hello, I need some help in recovering ZFS pool. Here is scenerio. There are two disks - c0t0d0 - This is good disk. I cloned it from other server and boot server from this disk. c0t1d0 - This is original disk of this server, having errors. I am able to mount it on /mnt. So that I can copy... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Bad disk, how to replace ?

Hello, I see hard and transport errors on all disks under treso pool and looks like some data corruption too. I want to take backup before, I reboot and replace disk. As of now, there are no slots free on server, so one option is, to break mirror, remove second disk (I need two disks, because... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies

9. Solaris

How to clear a removed single-disk pool from being listed by zpool import?

On an OmniOS server, I removed a single-disk pool I was using for testing. Now, when I run zpool import it will show it as FAULTED, since that single disk not available anymore. # zpool import pool: fido id: 7452075738474086658 state: FAULTED status: The pool was last... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyadarshan
11 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)