Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting columns of text to rows, with blank lines Post 303007014 by rdrtx1 on Thursday 9th of November 2017 03:09:57 PM
Old 11-09-2017
Code:
awk '$1=$1' RS= infile

This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to converting rows to columns, bash

I have in file these words: @fraza1 = rw @fraza2 = r @fraza3 = r @fraza4 = r @fraza5 = r @fraza1 = r @fraza6 = r @fraza7 = r @fraza2 = r @fraza8 = r @fraza9 = r ... I would like so that: ,rw,@fraza1 ,r,@fraza2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrykxes
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting columns into rows

Is there anyway to convert columns into raws using awk? (or any other command line):eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting rows into columns

Hi, I am trying to fetch some values from db and spooling the output to a file. when i query the db for the values, i get the values in following format. PC_1 wf_test1 Test PC_2 wf_test2 Test PC_3 wf_test3 Test But my spool file was created in following format. PC_1 wf_test1 Test... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
20 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting rows to columns using shell script

I have a script which converts rows to columns. file_name=$1 mailid=$2 #CREATE BACKUP OF ORIGINAL FILE #cp ${file_name}.xlsx ${file_name}_temp.xlsx #tr '\t' '|' < ${file_name}_temp.xlsx > ${file_name}_temp.csv #rm ${file_name}_temp.xlsx pivot_row=`head -1 ${file_name}` sed 1d... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy538
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : blank lines are displayed in the output after deleting few rows from excel

I am working on an assignment to pull all the records from excel sheet programatically and use the data for further calculations. In this process, I first defined 10 records in excel sheet and executed the below code. In the first run it is OK. But after deleting last few rows in excel sheet and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove a selection of rows separated by blank lines

hello, here is an example: 9.07 9.05 0.00 2.28 0.00 0.08 1.93 3.62 10.97 12.03 12.03 0.00 2.73 0.00 0.07 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Baron1
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting rows to columns in csv file

Hi, I have a requirement to convert rows into columns. data looks like: c1,c2,c3,.. r1,r2,r3,.. p1,p2,p3,.. and so on.. output shud be like this: c1,r1,p1,.. c2,r2,p2,.. c3,r3,p3,.. Thanks in advance, (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya1987
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting Columns To Rows Sort Of

Hi I'm a UNIX awk and sed novice at best. I'm trying to creat a .csv file so it can be graphed in Excel. Tried various xargs, awk, sed and paste but just can't seem to get the data to line up. Not sure if this is beyond for a question in these forums. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting txt output to rows and columns and send report via mail.

Hi All, I would like to send below output in a tabular column ( xml or excel ) and send a mail. vinay unix anil sql vamsee java request to suggest a solution. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting rows into columns

hi all I need a help ..I have a script that takes has command and its output is like below.. a b a v v a c I am assigning the above outputs to a variable .. <variable name> = <command output> problem here is when I echo the variable ..it gives me output like " a b... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankarb
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)